The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

They certainly existed. A North American example from 1731, of legislation implementing an early form of ''track and trace'' and self-isolation,

https://archives.lib.state.ma.us/actsResolves/1731/1731acts0013.pdf

So what you are saying is that Guns N' Roses should be able to release an album and tour it now during COVID-19 because Mozart was able to set up concerts in the 18th century despite there being North American examples of regulations on social distancing? Amazing.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

So what you are saying is that Guns N' Roses should be able to release an album and tour it now during COVID-19 because Mozart was able to set up concerts in the 18th century despite there being North American examples of regulations on social distancing? Amazing.

No. What I am saying is there is absolutely no reason why one cannot release music now anymore than there was a reason in the past. Music has been released during the plague, small pox, Spanish flu and two world wars. Tommy Dorsey, Glenn Miller and (young) Sinatra all released records during the Second World War - the greatest human catastrophe to have ever befall mankind! Music was released during the 1950s, the 1960s - the Cold War, when mankind faced nuclear annihilation, coincides with the very birth of rock n' roll. 

Rosey fans waffle on and create these messy fudge like convoluted explanations in order to ''explain away'' GN'R's shortcomings. 

• Like 2

No. What I am saying is there is absolutely no reason why one cannot release music now anymore than there was a reason in the past. 

But no one is saying that one "cannot" release music now, just that right now the ongoing pandemic makes it impossible to coincide a release with touring. Of course they could just put music out on Youtube if they so wanted :lol: But if they had plans of releasing a record and tour it instantly, that plan fell apart.

Of course I am not saying that any of this is necessarily true (it is just something Fernando has stated and Jarmo has implied) -- it could just be a convenient excuse for the bands failure at getting their music out -- but I have no problems accepting that some bands may find the current situation not really conducive to releasing music, while others have no problems with it. Obviously this is beyond you.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

But no one is saying that one "cannot" release music now, just that right now the ongoing pandemic makes it impossible to coincide a release with touring. Of course they could just put music out on Youtube if they so wanted :lol: But if they had plans of releasing a record and tour it instantly, that plan fell apart.

Of course I am not saying that any of this is necessarily true (it is just something Fernando has stated and Jarmo has implied) -- it could just be a convenient excuse for the bands failure at getting their music out -- but I have no problems accepting that some bands may find the current situation not really conducive to releasing music, while others have no problems with it. Obviously this is beyond you.

I cannot believe you are arguing with me about Guns N' Roses. It is like the good old days!

In fairness Rose himself doesn't use these excuses. It is only his crazier fans that do (and Fernando). I imagine the truth (on why he doesn't release new music) is rather more prosaic, involving bed, donuts and Netflix, than the convoluted explanative drivel his fans provide. As I said on here earlier, ''Rose was the original lockdowner''.

4 hours ago, EricA said:

You mix up two things:

One is, speaking your mind, and stand against racism. (posting black squares)

The other thing is, to release something, for charity and donation. (which of course is to be appreciated)

But what you say is, that artists have to "pay" with their creative output, to speak their mind up against racism.

I sadly don't think posting black squares really does anything, just saying they could do more with what power and resources they have to do something. Anyway don't wanna go too far off topic in a thread about new material, was just kind of thinking that this is exactly the time when artists should release stuff and there are good altruistic reasons for doing so.

• Like 1

I cannot believe you are arguing with me about Guns N' Roses. It is like the good old days!

In fairness Rose himself doesn't use these excuses. It is only his crazier fans that do (and Fernando). I imagine the truth (on why he doesn't release new music) is rather more prosaic, involving bed, donuts and Netflix, than the convoluted explanative drivel his fans provide. As I said on here earlier, ''Rose was the original lockdowner''.

I think releasing music from the CD sessions has now become difficult considering all the past members (song writers and contributors) that should be compensated somehow, agreements with labels, and feelings of new members. Don't get me wrong, all of this can be worked through if the will is there, but it comes in addition to Axl's insecurity, perfectionism and his crippling visions of what GN'R should be. I don't think he is really as lazy as people want it, I think he is pretty much constrained by his own expectations of what the music should be, and for the reasons already mentioned. 

Still, seems like they have had a record ready to go at a few occasions but that labels haven't really helped, and now possibly COVID-19 putting another damper on things.  

I don't think Axl cares that much when things are release, though. He mostly cares about that it comes out the way he wants it. It is us, the fans, that have a problem with the long delays between releases.

12 minutes ago, Axl S said:

I sadly don't think posting black squares really does anything, just saying they could do more with what power and resources they have to do something. Anyway don't wanna go too far off topic in a thread about new material, was just kind of thinking that this is exactly the time when artists should release stuff and there are good altruistic reasons for doing so.

I thought the black squares was dumb too. Ironically, in some ways it blocked out real content from BLM. 

I posted as normal yesterday on my platforms, perhaps some would see that as insensitive. 

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think releasing music from the CD sessions has now become difficult considering all the past members (song writers and contributors) that should be compensated somehow, agreements with labels, and feelings of new members. Don't get me wrong, all of this can be worked through if the will is there, but it comes in addition to Axl's insecurity, perfectionism and his crippling visions of what GN'R should be. I don't think he is really as lazy as people want it, I think he is pretty much constrained by his own expectations of what the music should be, and for the reasons already mentioned. 

Still, seems like they have had a record ready to go at a few occasions but that labels haven't really helped, and now possibly COVID-19 putting another damper on things.  

I don't think Axl cares that much when things are release, though. He mostly cares about that it comes out the way he wants it. It is us, the fans, that have a problem with the long delays between releases.

Yes, there is all sorts of waffle one can produce to explain it away. A better explanation is that there is no new material, neither before corona nor after, and that Rose has converted himself into a nostalgia act.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, there is all sorts of waffle one can produce to explain it away. A better explanation is that there is no new material, neither before corona nor after, and that Rose has converted himself into a nostalgia act.

That is only a "better explanation" if you choose to ignore the fact that we know the band worked on plenty of other songs already back in 2000/2001, some of which was in a (to me) completed state, that we know the band worked on music after this, that we know Slash and the current lineup has worked on new music, and that we know that multiple sources has confirmed that a new record is planned to be released. 

I never understood the mentality of people who decide to forget facts so as to preserve a situation where they can criticise the band about something that isn't true. I mean, there are so many real things GN'R can be criticised for, not having any material to release is simply not one of them. But I suppose you are unable to show even a minimum of balance and fairness?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So to summarize, Guns N' Roses should release music NOW because Mozart did it in the 18th century. Yeah, whatever. The world is exactly like that now. Actually Mozart got famous on Soundcloud doing covers of the GOT theme. Guns N' Roses should do that too or fuck off.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

So to summarize, Guns N' Roses should release music NOW because Mozart did it in the 18th century. Yeah, whatever. The world is exactly like that now. Actually Mozart got famous on Soundcloud doing covers of the GOT theme. Guns N' Roses should do that too or fuck off.

To summarize, here is a list of upcoming albums, Guns N' Roses not being among them,

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8504489/2020-album-release-calendar

To create these convoluted explanations and reams of complicated mitigation, vis à vis every other act/artist/band that has ever walked the planet (and a few that are deceased!), is to argue for absolute ''Guns N' Roses exceptionalism''! They are not going to thank you personally, you know, this rotten band? They never even acknowledge you the fanbase, so they are hardly going to thank you for all these fudgy lengthy explanations in their favour, so I don't know what you expect to get from it all? Maybe burying your head in the sand is easier. I once talked myself into believe The Phantom Menace was not shite, so I can understand! 

Beaten housewife syndrome. Or Stockholm syndrome.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

To summarize, here is a list of upcoming albums, Guns N' Roses not being among them,

To create these convoluted explanations and reams of complicated mitigation, vis à vis every other act/artist/band that has ever walked the planet (and a few that are deceased!), is to argue for absolute ''Guns N' Roses exceptionalism''! They are not going to thank you personally, you know, this rotten band? They never even acknowledge you the fanbase, so they are hardly going to thank you for all these fudgy lengthy explanations in their favour, so I don't know what you expect to get from it all? Maybe burying your head in the sand is easier.

That's funny. You know what? Most other bands aren't on that list. In fact, most other bands from the 1980s aren't even active anymore. They are dead and buried. So if you are going to compare to most other bands the fact that GN'R is still actively touring and working on new music is pretty damn good. But of course when making that inane "GN'R exceptionalism" argument you weren't comparing GN'R to any other band, you were comparing GN'R to those bands you want GN'R to be more like. So compared to those bands Guns N' Roses is an exception. Thanks for pointing that out, Einstein :lol:

As for your second "point", no, realizing that GN'R has material that can be released and realizing that the band likely has an intention to do just so, doesn't imply that anyone expects anything in return from the band, nor is it akin to burying one's head in the sand :lol: It is just a matter of adding one and one together and actually end up with two. But keep on getting three. It is entertaining at least. This is pre-2008 all over again.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That's funny. You know what? Most other bands aren't on that list. In fact, most other bands from the 1980s aren't even active anymore. They are dead and buried. So if you are going to compare to most other bands the fact that GN'R is still actively touring and working on new music is pretty damn good. But of course when making that inane "GN'R exceptionalism" argument you weren't comparing GN'R to any other band, you were comparing GN'R to those bands you want GN'R to be more like. So compared to those bands Guns N' Roses is an exception. Thanks for pointing that out, Einstein :lol:

As for your second "point", no, realizing that GN'R has material that can be released and realizing that the band likely has an intention to do just so, doesn't imply that anyone expects anything in return from the band, nor is it akin to burying one's head in the sand :lol: It is just a matter of adding one and one together and actually end up with two. But keep on getting three. It is entertaining at least. This is pre-2008 all over again.

Probably because they released their album just before that list haha.

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

To create these convoluted explanations and reams of complicated mitigation, vis à vis every other act/artist/band that has ever walked the planet (and a few that are deceased!), is to argue for absolute ''Guns N' Roses exceptionalism''! They are not going to thank you personally, you know, this rotten band? They never even acknowledge you the fanbase, so they are hardly going to thank you for all these fudgy lengthy explanations in their favour, so I don't know what you expect to get from it all? Maybe burying your head in the sand is easier. I once talked myself into believe The Phantom Menace was not shite, so I can understand! 

Beaten housewife syndrome. Or Stockholm syndrome.

All that they're saying is that they want a release to coincide with a tour for whatever reason. I don't think that it is so hard to understand. Other bands don't want that so they release their music, and that's perfectly fine.

And also right now is not the best moment to capitalize on a new release, no matter how you spin it. There's a reason that a lot of events/releases are getting postponed. Hell, even Sony postponed the PS5 unveiling because of what's happening on the world right now. I think that's a lot more relevant than some bullshit Mozart comparison from 300 years ago. But hey, that's just me.

Once this global protest movement settles then it makes a lot more sense to release something. They may still wait for the touring to resume anyway since that was the original plan, and that's not bad either. If they do tour again without something new then yes, they're full of shit, but things were pointing in that direction and Fernando even said it directly.

Also, I couldn't give less of a shit to defend this band or whatever you're thinking. I do believe that their current handling of the releasing NITL videos is trash, for example. Especially when comparing with other bands. But also I think that's there's a fair criticism to be done and there's plain trolling and bullshit analogies as you're doing.

Edited by Manfisman
  • Like 1

I look forward to hearing what excuses we will have as we get closer to the end of the year. Then when the year passes without new music someone will remind us that the band never promised anything and it was just someone’s wife that started the rumor based off likely half-baked plans. Then the new rumor mill will start swirling with hopes of a 2021 release....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Personally I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if no new album was released even when things are back to normal and the band embarks on yet another tour - but obviously that doesn't mean there is no new material. 

Finally you speak some sense. I have even given you a like.

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

It seems you may be right highlighted by the recent announcement from Fernando that some stuff was going to be released for us only for it to be three songs and nothing since.  I just wonder, with the break in momentum this year, what size of audience they will be able to command next year without anything to keep the juices flowing until then.

On 6/3/2020 at 3:56 AM, Izzy squire said:

Fuck the police cover by guns N roses

Then end it by Axl reciting all the statistics in about the police about blacks and compares it with white statistics. Then Axl saying fuck, the numbers. I should have re released One In A Million.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Then end it by Axl reciting all the statistics in about the police about blacks and compares it with white statistics. Then Axl saying fuck, the numbers. I should have re released One In A Million.

Just don't have him recite the FBI statistics on crime in general as it relates to race in the US.

Edited by Sweersa

If we dont get any solid news regarding "The Next Chapter" by Christmas those hoarding unreleased material should do the right thing and give us a Christmas Day leak.

It's the least we deserve at this point ;)

Hell, I'll settle for just The General & Soul Monster with vocals.

5 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

If we dont get any solid news regarding "The Next Chapter" by Christmas those hoarding unreleased material should do the right thing and give us a Christmas Day leak.

It's the least we deserve at this point ;)

Hell, I'll settle for just The General & Soul Monster with vocals.

My top 5 (with vocals) are:

The General

Zodiac

Soul Monster

Cuban Skies

Seven

Also curious about Berlin (Oklahoma) and Ides of March, unless these titles are working titles and changed as Axl has warned for any of them except Soul Monsters, they were not considered for CD2 in 2008, same for Zodiac, unless of course their names were changed.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1