The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Since people brought the Star Wars comparison, I'll make my predict here:

- Old Guns (AFD, Lies, UYI and TSI) - the original trilogy

- New Guns (CD) - the prequels 

- NITLT Guns - the sequels.

So yeah, I believe whatever new GNR album will be, it will try to recover some of their roots, but at the same time being less creative and kinda messy. 

I do like the prequels (especially considering the Clone Wars series) and the sequels, even though my heart will always be with the original trilogy. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Since people brought the Star Wars comparison, I'll make my predict here:

- Old Guns (AFD, Lies, UYI and TSI) - the original trilogy

- New Guns (CD) - the prequels 

- NITLT Guns - the sequels.

So yeah, I believe whatever new GNR album will be, it will try to recover some of their roots, but at the same time being less creative and kinda messy. 

I do like the prequels (especially considering the Clone Wars series) and the sequels, even though my heart will always be with the original trilogy. 

As a huge Star Wars fan, that is an excellent comparison! I just hope NITLT Guns put out an album that is a lot better than Disney's sequel trilogy.  It had good moments for sure though.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

Just now, Sweersa said:

As a huge Star Wars fan, that is an excellent comparison! I just hope NITLT Guns put out an album that is a lot better than Disney's sequel trilogy. 

I'm pretty ok with the sequel trilogy as it is, to be fair. But I totally understand the critics. 

Maybe the current GNR could be more like Mandalorian and give us a Baby Yoda lol

45 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm pretty ok with the sequel trilogy as it is, to be fair. But I totally understand the critics. 

Maybe the current GNR could be more like Mandalorian and give us a Baby Yoda lol

Haha I'd take it!

As for 7, 8, and 9, I hope George's outlines leak, the ones Disney was handed and basically ignored haha. Curious as to what his direction would have been. 

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

My top 5 (with vocals) are:

The General

Zodiac

Soul Monster

Cuban Skies

Seven

Also curious about Berlin (Oklahoma) and Ides of March, unless these titles are working titles and changed as Axl has warned for any of them except Soul Monsters, they were not considered for CD2 in 2008, same for Zodiac, unless of course their names were changed.

How can these be your top 5, we haven't heard them??

1 minute ago, MidnightToker said:

So how long until Slash loses his patience with Axl and writes a new SMKC album instead? Or is that already happening? 

I mean it literally already happened in 2018.

and that was 2 and a half years in NITL

Edited by KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

How can these be your top 5, we haven't heard them??

We have heard bits, instrumentals on some, and information about all.

But, I meant it more as I am wanting to hear these 5 the most out of all of the other unreleased songs.

27 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

So how long until Slash loses his patience with Axl and writes a new SMKC album instead? Or is that already happening? 

If nothing happens and TB just keeps selling overpriced and shitty merch he should leave and keep his integrity.

Hopefully he'll do something else than SMKC though.

My other favourite band, Foxy Shazam, just released their first single since reuniting earlier this year. Another of my favourite artists just finished his upcoming album, and has a few features being released soon. But in GNR-world we're still hoping they release another couple live songs from the NITL tour. :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

If nothing happens and TB just keeps selling overpriced and shitty merch he should leave and keep his integrity.

Hopefully he'll do something else than SMKC though.

This pandemic could be the right time for a Slash blues album. A new solo record with different singers would be awesome but that's something he already denied.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My other favourite band, Foxy Shazam, just released their first single since reuniting earlier this year. Another of my favourite artists just finished his upcoming album, and has a few features being released soon. But in GNR-world we're still hoping they release another couple live songs from the NITL tour. :facepalm:

I think I saw them support The Darkness about 10 years ago. The singer was properly bouncing and rolling all over the stage I think?!

Edited by DTJ80

16 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think I saw them support The Darkness about 10 years ago. The singer was properly bouncing and rolling all over the stage I think?!

Yea they toured with The Darkness in 2012, and Justin Hawkins produced their album 'The Church of Rock N Roll'.

Eric Nally is legitimately the best frontman I've ever seen, after Axl Rose.

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea they toured with The Darkness in 2012, and Justin Hawkins produced their album 'The Church of Rock N Roll'.

Eric Nally is legitimately the best frontman I've ever seen, after Axl Rose.

It was an entertaining show - I remember that!

After the next album is released, will we still use this thread to talk about the songs we have heard about that are not on the album, or make a new one?

In 2006 Axl said they had 2.5 albums done. So, based on that, we can assume they likely have at least 2 albums worth of material now.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

At the end of most of their shows, he'd get people to throw cigarettes on stage, grab a handful of them, start smoking and telling a story, then he'd eat the cigarettes. :lol:

😂

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

whats Axls excuse again?

:rofl-lol: do you realize that the relevance of this vs the relevance of a new Guns release its completely different right? You have the first record of Axl & Slash (who are two rock legends) together since forever,  you need to capitalize on the right time on that and as a label you would get pretty big numbers. And on the other hand, you have Drakeo the Ruler, whoever the fuck that is.

What's next? YEAH, AN ARTIST FROM ANTIGUA Y BARBUDA (that's an island, google it) MANAGED TO RELEASE SOMETHING, WHATS YOUR EXCUSE YOU AXL FUCKER?

Edited by Manfisman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1