The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 18/06/2020 at 2:06 PM, Len Cnut said:

Everyone kinda took for granted that Lauryn had kinda just given up on music.  And I can't see why not either because, unless I'm very much mistaken, she still ain't released shit in terms of new material.  Quite frankly I wasn't a great fan of Miseducation anyway, I kinda liked her with The Fugees.

Miseducation was fucking amazing you bellend.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Miseducation was fucking amazing you bellend.

Don’t get me wrong, I bought it, listened to it, thought it was alright...just not a worthy foundation stone to mount the sort of legendary status that some have conferred upon ol’ Lolly Hill on.  

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Don’t get me wrong, I bought it, listened to it, thought it was alright...just not a worthy foundation stone to mount the sort of legendary status that some have conferred upon ol’ Lolly Hill on.  

Well, GNR are a good example of how much mileage a band/artist can get from one truly great record. Difference is, Hill never delivered her UYI to solidify her status, but it appears not to matter to the people who still flock to see her doing tardy 20th Anniversary shows of Miseducation. Similarly, the drones paying to see NITL are going to see Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City, Nightrain, It's So Easy.... not Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma and Locomotive. One great record is all you need.

Edited by Towelie

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Well, GNR are a good example of how much mileage a band/artist can get from one truly great record. Difference is, Hill never delivered her UYI to solidify her status, but it appears not to matter to the people who still flock to see her doing tardy 20th Anniversary shows of Miseducation. Similarly, the drones paying to see NITL are going to see Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City, Nightrain, It's So Easy.... not Civil War, Yesterdays, Coma and Locomotive. One great record is all you need.

You don’t need to convince a Sex Pistols fan of that, I just meant her one great record wasn’t actually great, just alright.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You don’t need to convince a Sex Pistols fan of that, I just meant her one great record wasn’t actually great, just alright.

Nah, it was great. But then you're talking to a guy who thought Chinese Democracy was great, so....

57 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Nah, it was great. But then you're talking to a guy who thought Chinese Democracy was great, so....

Also, your taste has always been a bit...y’know, gay :lol:  Lets go through the list here shall we, Prince, gay, Jacko, pedo, Morrissey, gay (but actually extremely good!), who else?  Tori Amos, you like Tori Amos, dont you, that was you weren’t it?  Queen too?  See, gay gay gay your honour! A litany of gayness!  I put it to you m’lud, that the defendant is a gay :lol:  He’s gay as a summers day your honour!  Gay as United Colours of Bennetton!  Gay as Jason Kings eye contact at a service station urinal!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Also, your taste has always been a bit...y’know, gay :lol:  Lets go through the list here shall we, Prince, gay, Jacko, pedo, Morrissey, gay (but actually extremely good!), who else?  Tori Amos, you like Tori Amos, dont you, that was you weren’t it?  Queen too?  See, gay gay gay your honour! A litany of gayness!  I put it to you m’lud, that the defendant is a gay :lol:  He’s gay as a summers day your honour!  Gay as United Colours of Bennetton!  Gay as Jason Kings eye contact at a service station urinal!

You can fuck off with Queen - that weren't me. 

But you can also add Kate Bush to the list. 

14 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

where do you see that ?

From the Slash camp, as far as they are aware, everything has been put back a year, there will be an album with a year of touring with Guns, then Slash will return to his own projects. I got told to ask GN'R management for any 'detail' on that, as if eh

9 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

From the Slash camp, as far as they are aware, everything has been put back a year, there will be an album with a year of touring with Guns, then Slash will return to his own projects. I got told to ask GN'R management for any 'detail' on that, as if eh

If it's from an unnamed 'insider' it's 99 per cent bollocks. 

Same old shit. 

20 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Doesn't sound too implausible, since it seems like they were going to maybe release something this year. I'm mainly disappointed that this means that the next SMKC record and tour is pushed back a year but I know that I'm the minority there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

If they can do something in november,  (Latin America?) Perhaps something new then?

No chance. They'll take the 'not the right thing to do given the confusion around the pandemic' or 'not the time to do something new unless there's a full world tour' lines. 

And people'll fall back on the 'the Latin America dates were never actually billed as the 'next chapter' you know' line when they do the same set. 

Edited by allwaystired

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Doesn't sound too implausible, since it seems like they were going to maybe release something this year. I'm mainly disappointed that this means that the next SMKC record and tour is pushed back a year but I know that I'm the minority there.

That's my concern too

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

That's my concern too

I really don't know if we ever see a Conspirators album ever again. They've already made an album more than usual for Slash. Myles is busy with Alter Bridge and his own stuff. And if we were to believe Slash about GNR's plans to work on new material I don't know when Slash himself would find the time to record and tour another SMKC album considering a new Guns album would mean another 3 years of touring, let alone the writing and record process.

Edited by Free Bird

21 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I really don't know if we ever see a Conspirators album ever again. They've already made an album more than usual for Slash. Myles is busy with Alter Bridge and his own stuff. And if we were to believe Slash about GNR's plans to work on new material I don't know when Slash himself would find the time to record and tour another SMKC album considering a new Guns album would mean another 3 years of touring, let alone the writing and record process.

I get that, but both Slash and Myles are both hardworking and do well at multi-tasking, I'm sure they will fit it in somewhere. I'm not holding my breath waiting on gnr to release something/anything so i guess we'll have to wait and see

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

No chance. They'll take the 'not the right thing to do given the confusion around the pandemic' or 'not the time to do something new unless there's a full world tour' lines. 

And people'll fall back on the 'the Latin America dates were never actually billed as the 'next chapter' you know' line when they do the same set. 

This made me laugh. Thanks! :)

• Like 1