The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I doubt this would happen, but what if they keep CD2 as it was in 2006-2014 (or whatever) and are working on an entirely new album? (Saving CD2 for a CD re-release)

Axl has said they had 2.5 albums worth of material in 2006, and based on the locker leaks, I believe it.

EDIT: A 3-4 disc CD re-release by the players of that era would be awesome! They could use the original and alt artwork for all of the discs.

Edited by Sweersa

8 hours ago, The Dissident said:

I want to say before I make my comment that I appreiciate your sarcasm oh so much.

I feel like a live album from Metallica is far different from a long awaited reunion album from a band like Guns N Roses. I do think GNR should release a new album and frankly the longer they wait the worse it will be for them, but they do need to make sure they can capitalize on the release properly. It would be like if Zeppelin announced a new album with Jason, or some other massive reunion from a long awaited band. Yes I feel like the band has really missed the best oppertunity but they should wait until at least the situation is better. But then again this is the band that is believed to have recorded a full sequel album and a remix which has yet to be released.

Metallicas might be a live album but its giving at least something to the fans during this crazy time and capitising in the recent S&M shows.

Youd think GNR would have done the same with a best of NITL shows?. But nooo............

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Janabis said:

I think the problem is that the quality of Axl's performances on the last few tours is too embarrassing to release publically.

Nobody forces them to release this NITL stuff. There must be plenty of old videos. Do they need to buy off some rights for that? Maybe, but I guess that shouldn't be a problem with half a billion made in 2 years... 

1 hour ago, Janabis said:

I think the problem is that the quality of Axl's performances on the last few tours is too embarrassing to release publically.

They could easily compile the best 2016 shows into an awesome release. But yea, a 2017-2020 release would be pretty underwhelming.

2 hours ago, Janabis said:

Nah there's definitely more than enough performances which are of decent quality.

More of these will be in 2016-2017 but there's still good stuff in 2018-2019 (And a good number of 'new' songs in the set list ).

22 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Nah there's definitely more than enough performances which are of decent quality.

More of these will be in 2016-2017 but there's still good stuff in 2018-2019 (And a good number of 'new' songs in the set list ).

Yeah, absolutely. You could easily source enough great performances for a 'Live Era' type release. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, absolutely. You could easily source enough great performances for a 'Live Era' type release. 

I'd like them to do a NITL Live Era.

As long as they made sure to actually include all the songs performed on the tour. Live Era's tracklist sucks.

I'd probably fill the core tracks with 2016/17 performances then add the likes of SOUL, Locomotive and Deadhorse from the later years.

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

I'd like them to do a NITL Live Era.

As long as they made sure to actually include all the songs performed on the tour. Live Era's tracklist sucks.

I'd probably fill the core tracks with 2016/17 performances then add the likes of SOUL, Locomotive and Deadhorse from the later years.

Yep, me too. That would be great. Pick the best performances of each song. 

I don't really understand why they've chosen such poor/average performances for the NITL selects thing really so far, as the opportunity is there to select the best with that. I don't for one second subscribe to the view that GNR aren't great live ever anymore.....but the performances we've seen (so far) have been terrible examples to represent how they sound now. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

I don't really understand why they've chosen such poor/average performances for the NITL selects thing really so far, as the opportunity is there to select the best with that. I don't for one second subscribe to the view that GNR aren't great live ever anymore.....but the performances we've seen (so far) have been terrible examples to represent how they sound now. 

It really is weird the performances they chose. Saw a thing from Fernando saying they were picking them "at random".

I think to any sensible mind you'd start at the beginning of the reunion and work forward. As opposed to some random show from 2019 and then take a festival show that they clearly have the entirety of and put out a snippet of it with titles in between the songs.

I like the concept of the NITL selects but the implementation has been lacklustre.

• Like 1

It’s very clear the band is going to need/want money during the next year or so before states can open up again and they can tour, so what better way to do so than release some new music while people are trapped in their homes? 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't really understand why they've chosen such poor/average performances for the NITL selects thing really so far, as the opportunity is there to select the best with that. I don't for one second subscribe to the view that GNR aren't great live ever anymore.....but the performances we've seen (so far) have been terrible examples to represent how they sound 

Gnr sucks. It doesn't matter who's responsible, Axl, Slash, Duff clearly don't care enough to overlook these things. They don't care and Fernando has no clue at all about music, management, social media or anything really.

• Like 4

On 16/07/2020 at 7:06 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s very clear the band is going to need/want money during the next year or so before states can open up again and they can tour, so what better way to do so than release some new music while people are trapped in their homes? 

But, but, but......Axl

• Like 1

That stuff last year has kept my interest going tbh. 12 years already since the last record. Got an amazing CD in my car with the remastered vocal tracks and the best of the instrumentals. Listen to it daily. 

if only Guns would release new music that I could actually pay for

• Like 1

On 18.7.2020 at 7:19 PM, mamundson said:

Embarrassing went out the window with this band in the 90s. Announce the release of a new album or announce retirement.

90s? Nah, there was still a benefit of doubt and a palpable effort to create.

We're currently supposed to Stay tuned... again.