The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I wouldn’t be shocked if some kind of a release with new music was planned for this year. Seriously. They did rehearse Hard School in Hollywood and Slash has been quoted as saying he’s been recording. I don’t know if it would have been an album, an EP or even just a single, but they know they have to put something new out. 

It just sucks that we can’t get any real info. And no, I don’t blame TB for the lack of concrete info. The way they communicate is arrogant and unprofessional, but it’s been that way for years and will never change. All of this is on Axl. He lives inside his own head and surrounds himself with enablers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think if they were planning on releasing something in August/September we would know about it by now. 

They are planning on a release in September and we do know about it. GH vinyl! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if some kind of a release with new music was planned for this year. Seriously. They did rehearse Hard School in Hollywood and Slash has been quoted as saying he’s been recording. I don’t know if it would have been an album, an EP or even just a single, but they know they have to put something new out. 

It just sucks that we can’t get any real info. And no, I don’t blame TB for the lack of concrete info. The way they communicate is arrogant and unprofessional, but it’s been that way for years and will never change. All of this is on Axl. He lives inside his own head and surrounds himself with enablers. 

As much as I learned to dislike Fernandont, in the end it's "the big three" we should look at. But maybe Duff will enlighten us about his punk roots one more time soon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gavgnr said:

From instagram. Take it for what it’s worth but I did have a suspicion that the GH vinyl reissue might be to fund promotion for the new record.

83-AF5950-724-F-4775-A646-ADC31-E0-DFC6-

Who is this drew himmelberger? Just a random like us or someone more ‘legit’?

29 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Who is this drew himmelberger? Just a random like us or someone more ‘legit’?

He/she is saying they met someone in a barbershop whose boyfriend thought he saw them in a studio? 

And you're asking if it's 'legit'?! Come on boy! 

I mean seriously, we may just as well ask some guy in a bar if he has info! This has got to be a low for 'insider info'! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

He/she is saying they met someone in a barbershop whose boyfriend thought he saw them in a studio? 

I mean seriously, we may just as well ask some guy in a bar if he has info! This has got to be a low for 'insider info'! 

Doesn't mean they were wrong, however unlikely it is.

ETA:

Fernando redacted a statement of a release that would have fallen within that time frame. (Presumably changed due to COVID-19)

Edited by Sweersa

Guys, talked to my grandma today and although we didn't talk about GNR, in fact she has no idea what that even is, I could feel from her energy that the album is almost finished and ready to be released in September!

All aboard the hype traaaain!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Doesn't mean they were wrong, however unlikely it is.

ETA:

Fernando redacted a statement of a release that would have fallen within that time frame. (Presumably changed due to COVID-19)

No, I'm sure this is accurate insider from a fantastic source! 

How about this though. If the online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed be out in July but is now out in August or September IS correct, I'll go and visit my Grandmother naked. If this doesn't happen, I'll bet anyone to do something similar? 

Bear in mind we're on August 7th here, and this information comes from on online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed to be out in July but is now out in August or September before answering people.......

Have we lost our minds here??! Are we honestly giving any credence to this sort of nonsense?! You could probably search Twitter and find a hundred 'insiders' saying similar! 

We've had YEARS of this sort of thing! 

Edited by allwaystired

24 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Guys, talked to my grandma today and although we didn't talk about GNR, in fact she has no idea what that even is, I could feel from her energy that the album is almost finished and ready to be released in September!

All aboard the hype traaaain!!!

Hey.... doesn't mean they were wrong, no matter how unlikely it is! 

Next up....the dog across the street confirms new Beatles album. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

No, I'm sure this is accurate insider from a fantastic source! 

How about this though. If the online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed be out in July but is now out in August or September IS correct, I'll go and visit my Grandmother naked. If this doesn't happen, I'll bet anyone to do something similar? 

Bear in mind we're on August 7th here, and this information comes from on online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed to be out in July but is now out in August or September before answering people.......

Have we lost our minds here??! Are we honestly giving any credence to this sort of nonsense?! You could probably search Twitter and find a hundred 'insiders' saying similar! 

We've had YEARS of this sort of thing! 

Yes, years, and sometimes they end up being right too. Sometimes they are legit, and sometimes not, even so, a broken clock is right twice a day.

In this case, I heard something similar, but several months ago. What I heard was more or less what Fernando said (new album in 6 months or whatever) More specifically, I heard most of the new album will be re-worked stuff from the leaked village songs that were not on the first album. Must to my disappointment, I was told the current lineup will re-record everything with the exception of Axl's parts, (IIRC) which makes sense for a few different reasons. 

Edited by Sweersa

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Yes, years, and sometimes they end up being right too. Sometimes they are legit, and sometimes not, even so, a broken clock is right twice a day.

In this case, I heard something similar, but several months ago. What I heard was more or less what Fernando said (new album in 6 months or whatever) More specifically, I heard most of the new album will be re-worked stuff from the leaked village songs that were not on the first album. Must to my disappointment, I was told the current lineup will re-record everything with the exception of Axl's parts, (IIRC) which makes sense for a few different reasons. 

The phrase 'throw enough shit against a wall some of it will stick' can also be applied......

27 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

What I heard was more or less what Fernando said (new album in 6 months or whatever) More specifically, I heard most of the new album will be re-worked stuff from the leaked village songs that were not on the first album. Must to my disappointment, I was told the current lineup will re-record everything with the exception of Axl's parts, (IIRC) which makes sense for a few different reasons. 

That would be, to me, the worst case scenario...and I think it's very, very likely that this is what we'll get, if anything at all.

Why? Because it would be impossible that anyone in the band would have a real connection or emotion to that music. Axl vocals from over 10 years ago? What a turn off. Slash and Duff playing something that somehow fits over other people's stuff from years and years ago? Meh.

If they really do it like this it will be shit, 100%. 

Edited by El Guapo

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

😂 I know, I know....I didn’t fully read that part about the barbershop. Stranger things have happened but I agree - this is pretty far fetched even for GNR rumours. Doesn’t mean I don’t hope this somehow is true!!

• Like 1

Just now, DTJ80 said:

😂 I know, I know....I didn’t fully read that part about the barbershop. Stranger things have happened but I agree - this is pretty far fetched even for GNR rumours. Doesn’t mean I don’t hope this somehow is true!!

Haha! Yeah, it's right down there. So much so I do wonder if it's just someone on here playing a prank to be honest! 

Is it possible it’s UMG that wants the band to release the old stuff before they’ll invest the money to put this band into the studio to record a full new album?

These old recordings are worth a lot of money when it comes to studio time. It would make sense that UMG doesn’t want it all to be thrown away.

19 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That would be, to me, the worst case scenario...and I think it's very, very likely that this is what we'll get, if anything at all.

Why? Because it would be impossible that anyone in the band would have a real connection or emotion to that music. Axl vocals from over 10 years ago? What a turn off. Slash and Duff playing something that somehow fits over other people's stuff from years and years ago? Meh.

If they really do it like this it will be shit, 100%. 

I agree. 100% newly recorded album is what we need. Not yet another reworking of an album that has already been reworked a million times over.

CD was ultimately a NewGnr reworking of NuGnr material.

What we don't need is an OldGnr reworking of NuGnr material.

If the new album contains songs I've already heard (which is what happened with CD) it'll be a massive anti climax.

CD stuff needs keeping for a CD boxset in the future. I love Slash, but leave Bucket alone.

Don't know if this has been said already in another thread but Fernando answered Reddit questions again and this is a quote from him:

"3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year." 

This year?? Should be announced within the next two months if they want to release it in time for the Christmas market 

He also said none of the Axl/DC shows were pro-shot :(