The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

Maybe we should start a thread that lists all the people and dates that we’re talking about “new music  soon”.  The list has to be almost endless.  Not sure how to look up

Somebody collected all of the Richard Fortus quotes here (it is not letting me quote as it is locked),

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/218408-new-richard-fortus-interview-discusses-status-of-new-music/#comment-4414158

• Like 1

5 hours ago, axlvai said:

Tokyo 92 have amazing vocals what are u talkin about.

I’m not saying vocals are bad there. He sounded good but it was not his best. Compare it to Chicago, Paris or Oklahoma.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

No. It's not. Plenty of managers refer to themselves as "we". Plenty of acts view the managers as part of the band. And you can't get closer to a band (meaning Axl) than Fernando.

"Managers".... and Fernando....

:P

6 hours ago, axlvai said:

Tokyo 92 have amazing vocals what are u talkin about.

Tokyo '92 isn't bad, but between 1991-93 there were times when he sounded so incredibly fucking good, that it makes Tokyo seems like an 'average' or maybe even 'weak' show. So in the context of that whole tour, it's not the best show. But it's still good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Creed said:

Axl is fooling us so much with GnR. It was a totally different Axl with ACDC.

He needs to perform like he did with AC/DC.  We saw them in Cleveland.  The biggest difference was he basically stayed back and let the band be the center of attention.  He hardly moved, which made his voice better.  He sounded better with a broken foot just sitting in the chair, lest winded etc

3 hours ago, sl4yer said:

I’m not saying vocals are bad there. He sounded good but it was not his best. Compare it to Chicago, Paris or Oklahoma.

Ycbm, RQ, Estranged... NR. Just listen the songs. If that not was one of his best.... what was? Cmon! Maybe u just saw thousand of times.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Tokyo '92 isn't bad, but between 1991-93 there were times when he sounded so incredibly fucking good, that it makes Tokyo seems like an 'average' or maybe even 'weak' show. So in the context of that whole tour, it's not the best show. But it's still good.

All 1992 shows were up to A. A+. A++. So "average" maybe was A+. 

8 hours ago, surforia said:

No, I saw the last show of the Axl/DC tour in Philly.  He was out of the chair by then and he sounded even better than these videos.

He still didn't run around during the AC/DC shows (because he didn't "want it to make it about him" or whatever the reason was, which IMO was pretty considerate and cool). So that made him probably sound even better, because being still and standing gives you more control of your voice, than being still and sitting down. 

Edited by jekylhyde

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes I'm very excited about this.

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

I am not :shrugs:

I’d be surprised if he WASNT in the studio working on both bands material TBH. Just because SMKC is referenced doesn’t mean that’s all he will be doing!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I remember when fans were getting pissed when Slash announced Living The Dream and I said on here that in all likelihood we would hear the follow-up album before we get anything from Guns. I was right.

Slash likes to keep busy. And if Axl ain’t gonna use Slash for new GN’R music, Slash isn’t gonna sit around waiting. 

• GNFNR 3

I guessed we’d see Duff and Slash each release new materia againl before anything GNR. And here it’s confirmed Conspirators are in studio working on a new record. 

Like, why the heck is this so difficult for Axl? I don’t get it at all.

Edited by GnR Chris

1 minute ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Slash should drop Miles for this record and do another 2010 album with guest vocalists to freshen things up.. Would be a cool way to sneak Axl in on a song and there wouldn't be as much expectation on the track because it wouldnt be under the Guns name

I'd love this! Not gonna happen though. We'll get another album with Myles that will probably sound exactly like all their other albums and nothing from Axl.

• Like 1

I love SMKC, sometimes even more than Guns (it's a complicated relationship). Myles' voice is incredibly pleasing to me. His lyrics can feel a bit recycled (I've heard "dark to light" like 700 times) but he works hard and takes care of himself.

As for a new Guns album, I'll see you guys in 2055 when Axl, Beta, and Fernando all pass away in a car crash on their way to the Guns N' Burgers restuarant opening, thus releasing the vault from one set of greasy fingers to the money hungry tendrils of the label that will sell everything Axl had as 'W. Axl Roses's final masterpiece'

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Slash likes to keep busy. And if Axl ain’t gonna use Slash for new GN’R music, Slash isn’t gonna sit around waiting. 

I don't think this means Axl is not interested in using Slash's ideas for Gn'R, just that he can work on both Gn'R music and Conspirators cause he probably knows it will take Axl much longer to complete a Gn'R album compared to the Con's next one.

I also can't see how this will negatively affect work on a Gn'R record so I view this as good news. More Slash is always good and I like Living The Dream, even if Gn'R is always my first priority.

• GNFNR 2