The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This is a guess, but I think a lot of people are hanging their hopes on Slash saying they've been working on an album. That coupled with Jarmo hinting that it'll happen and Fernando saying so on reddit. 

I've said this many times, but I'm always in a "I'll believe it when I see it" stance, but I do get why people have their hopes up currently. 

And if we were talking about normal, trustworthy people here, this should have been more than enough to believe an album would be in the making.

My point is: It's not strange that people think it's gonna happen soon. However... it's gnr..

• Like 2

I’m still being optimistic for now on a new album coming out this year and I think an album could be more or less ready just now. But the big doubt for me is when is Axl ready to release it ? I’m hoping that Slash being back in the band is enough to get him to actually release new music 

38 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

And if we were talking about normal, trustworthy people here, this should have been more than enough to believe an album would be in the making.

My point is: It's not strange that people think it's gonna happen soon. However... it's gnr..

Yep, "it's GNR" is always the strongest argument against anything good happening lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I think Axl has a vested interest in keeping Slash happy. If Slash fully expected this next tour run to support new music, that's a definite plus.

Probably cause if Slash leaves again, Axl cant continue on with GNR hes already had so many lead guitarists, gonna be hard to find another one. If Slash leaves I'd say theres a 50/50 shot of Duff leaving too. I'd say theres atleast a good 10% chance of Slash leaving though.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

This is a guess, but I think a lot of people are hanging their hopes on Slash saying they've been working on an album. That coupled with Jarmo hinting that it'll happen and Fernando saying so on reddit. 

I've said this many times, but I'm always in a "I'll believe it when I see it" stance, but I do get why people have their hopes up currently. 

Even I was optimistic after Jarmo said so but in later posts he said his source was Fernando's reddit post. So it's just Fermanager.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

I think that is also very relevante that Duff is very much in Axl's ear this days.

Duff is eager to release shit and make money, like you cant tell from his shit merch and shit Tenderness

Duff could be the richest GnR member due to investments. I doubt he raked it in from Tenderness.

31 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Probably cause if Slash leaves again, Axl cant continue on with GNR hes already had so many lead guitarists, gonna be hard to find another one. If Slash leaves I'd say theres a 50/50 shot of Duff leaving too. I'd say theres atleast a good 10% chance of Slash leaving though.

Axl can easily continue GnR without Duff and Slash, they just wouldn't get booked in Stadiums anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Duff could be the richest GnR member due to investments. I doubt he raked it in from Tenderness.

Axl can easily continue GnR without Duff and Slash, they just wouldn't get booked in Stadiums anymore. 

He would go back to playing bowling allies, he couldn't maintain his lifestyle so from Axl's point of view, he can't continue GNR without Slash, at least financially it wouldn't make any sense

6 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

He would go back to playing bowling allies, he couldn't maintain his lifestyle so from Axl's point of view, he can't continue GNR without Slash, at least financially it wouldn't make any sense

They didn't play bowling alleys ,that was a special show. There are  acts that still can draw 5 to 10,000 per show with one original member. Overseas they'd do even better. I doubt Slash is leaving anyway.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Mysteron said:

Old interviews indicate that it was the record company frustrating the release of CD, and material post CD, not Axl himself. They also indicate that there was a period of writers block early on due to various factors. It is only an opinion, but it feels more positive now. Axl isn't on his own anymore, there are three equal entities carrying the band. And, I think Axl going on stage on time shows that he is feeling more comfortable within himself. Plus, the band have two powerhouses in Universal and Livenation behind them. Universal have long since got their money back from the making of CD, and they have got what they wanted in getting the old band back together. Also, Slash likes to make new music and tour it, I can't see him hanging around in a band that is just going to constantly tour old music, probably the same with Duff as well. Duff was going on about his legacy in a recent interview which shows he is looking for something more meaningful in the future. The band still have the capacity to make new music that can mean something to a lot of people, so why not try. That is what you are looking at when you talk about legacy. 

I guess we will find out for sure if it really was the record company preventing Axl from releasing something in favour of a reunion cause they must be pushing hard right now to capitalize on that “decade” long tour they’ve been on. I still think if we are going to see a new album it comes out near the end of this year, just a feeling and if it doesn’t, ill say we never hear anything new officially released

I’ll use the Randy vocabulary for this one, just to be nice. So: FRIG F and frig J!

What I do care about is that top-hat guitar maniac who said that there wouldn’t be another major tour without a new record. He said this when, late 2019?

That’s the story, and I’m sticking to it. (another quote)

Edited by jamillos

32 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Didn't Axl just make ~$200 million? I doubt he has any concerns over Slash & Duff deciding to leave the band .... The man's been checked out for years now .... Even this "reunion" wasn't enough to reinspire him ... 

Personally, I think the reunion took ALL of the air out of the argument that the record label has been the bad guy all these years. There's just no way that the label wouldn't have wanted to release an album in 2016 to strike while the iron was hot.  I'm sure Axl came up with some reason why that wasn't going to happen, but it's just easier to continue to blame the label. I've said this before, but nothing new happening in 2016 took a LOT of the wind out of my sails.

The only time I could see the label having not been interested in releasing a new album would've been 2009 - 2014. I can't blame them for that at all given Axl's ridiculous behavior once Chinese was finally released. If I were the label, I wouldn't have been in any hurry to work with an artist who refused to promote their own album. 

9 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I love how this thread has minute-by-minute updates, with not actually one shred of credible news regarding the existence of said album. Only in GNRland.

In fairness, the words "New Album" are in Dr Evil quotes. To my knowledge, anything in Dr Evil quotes is not expected to exist ;)

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Personally, I think the reunion took ALL of the air out of the argument that the record label has been the bad guy all these years. There's just no way that the label wouldn't have wanted to release an album in 2016 to strike while the iron was hot.  I'm sure Axl came up with some reason why that wasn't going to happen, but it's just easier to continue to blame the label. I've said this before, but nothing new happening in 2016 took a LOT of the wind out of my sails.

The only time I could see the label having not been interested in releasing a new album would've been 2009 - 2014. I can't blame them for that at all given Axl's ridiculous behavior once Chinese was finally released. If I were the label, I wouldn't have been in any hurry to work with an artist who refused to promote their own album. 

I would think that once the reunion happened, it’s in GNR’s best interest to release albums to somehow end their contract. The real $ for them would be a self release 

To expect something the very first year is a bit much. They were and did milk everything they could out of big payday live shows. They weren’t going to leave anything on the table to go in the studio. Especially if they didn’t want to put pressure on themselves as that situation didn’t go so well in the mid 90’s.

We’ll see what happens. If we actually get a release w 3 Duff songs, then they are truly trying the end their fulfillment to the label. If they are even close to that. 

Edited by guitarpatch