The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

35 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

SoG is another hell of a song...

I think we can agree that the 4 leaked songs being Hardschool, Perhaps, State of Grace and Atlas all have great potential.

Lets hope these are finished with Slashs imput and also hope for other new songs by this actual band

4 solid singles.

How none of them ended up on Chinese Democracy is criminal.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:11 AM, RussTCB said:

They were referring to Axl back in the 90s because people seem to forget that Axl was very hit and miss back then too. 

Problem is nothing has changed. They are still inconsistent and they still charge premium for their tickets.  That type of volatility was funny in the early 90's when I was a teenager, now it's just stale.  

23 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here's an idea of how hopeful I remain even though there's seemingly no reason to be:

No joke, I wake up literally every day and check the forum thinking I'm going to have to merge and/or lock a dozen threads about confirmation of a new album. 

I kid you not, every single day I have hope that will be the case. Then I check D&N, see that it's the same topics and it takes the wind out of my sails haha. 

HA!  As a forum member I log into to check the EXACT same things everyday.  And like you I am disappointed everyday.  I don't even bother with google because I know there is another nut job forum member here that is constantly hitting "Refresh" on the "New Guns-n-Roses Album" google search to do it for me.

• Haha 1

"Atlas Shrugged" was reportedly a lengthier song than the one we have heard in leaks. So later, it must have been redone or some parts added to it. This is all going on memory. I think someone (Bumblefoot?) said it was left off CD due to its length. 

Anyway, of the "big four" on the leaks, "Atlas" is the one that I think needs the most, although I love the song. It definitely could be fleshed out into an old-school seven-minute GNR rock ballad.

12 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

"Atlas Shrugged" was reportedly a lengthier song than the one we have heard in leaks. So later, it must have been redone or some parts added to it. This is all going on memory. I think someone (Bumblefoot?) said it was left off CD due to its length. 

Anyway, of the "big four" on the leaks, "Atlas" is the one that I think needs the most, although I love the song. It definitely could be fleshed out into an old-school seven-minute GNR rock ballad.

Narr he said due to the album length already it was left off. The album we have is just over 71 mins

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h2sublime said:

I would guess that “The General” will make the cut. Curious if they went back and checked out their abandoned sessions from the mid 90s.

I've not heard the leaks, I just saw people on Discord talking but was not sure of the list. The General sounds quite dated, I'm not sure if that was one of the songs, and I'm not sure how it would translate to 2020. Same with Atlas, sounds like a 90s song

47 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I think what he was saying was not so much that Atlas was too long of a song, but that they'd already hit the maximum length you could have on a single CD (74 minutes) so they couldn't include it. 

Edit I see someone already answered this whoops.

Edited by Caedo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zinia_29 said:

Unrelated topic, but Eminem dropped a surprise album. If only...

RHCP just reunited with John Frusciante and they're already working on a new record.

Foo Fighters have been teasing with new music.

Guns N' Roses are... well teasing with NITL2020

9 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

RHCP just reunited with John Frusciante and they're already working on a new record.

Foo Fighters have been teasing with new music.

Guns N' Roses are... well teasing with NITL2020

Hell even Tool released a new album recently lol

Kind of crazy to think Tool was more productive of a band in the entirety of the 2010's than Guns N' Roses was :lol:

15 hours ago, Mysteron said:

I've not heard the leaks, I just saw people on Discord talking but was not sure of the list. The General sounds quite dated, I'm not sure if that was one of the songs, and I'm not sure how it would translate to 2020. Same with Atlas, sounds like a 90s song

Unless they go Ozzys recent way doing a collab with someone like post Malone on a trap/pop song, anything they do will be dated. Rock is grandpas music bro.

25 minutes ago, default_ said:

Unless they go Ozzys recent way doing a collab with someone like post Malone on a trap/pop song, anything they do will be dated. Rock is grandpas music bro.

There are still many grandpas out there...😀 

For some reason my browser couldn't open the forum this morning. My first thougt was... fuck, it's down because there was an announcement! 😂

• Haha 1

I don’t see any of those leaks as single or even album material. Hardschool has too many lyrics so wouldn’t be a success. Atlas is just a bit boring, lots of repetitive gibberish about being a man. Eye on You is worst GNR song ever. SOG sounded unfinished. 

New material will hopefully go back to the original GNR formula. Riffs and memorable hook chorus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I don’t see any of those leaks as single or even album material. Hardschool has too many lyrics so wouldn’t be a success. Atlas is just a bit boring, lots of repetitive gibberish about being a man. Eye on You is worst GNR song ever. SOG sounded unfinished. 

New material will hopefully go back to the original GNR formula. Riffs and memorable hook chorus.

Hardschool is a solid album track, I'd like to see a Slash/Duffed version on the album. All the other leaks with vocals are b sides to my ears as well.  Real new music please!

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Ultimately I have to agree

I enjoy the leaks, and when they happened I think the sheer excitement of them really made them more elevated than they really are, in my eyes.  There are some cool ideas there, but I recently revisited them in their entirety and there were not any real "wow" moments for me beyond a chosen few (State of Grace, HS, Atlas, Perhaps) and the early mixes of CD tunes

I think the breakup really proved that the sum of the parts have always been greater than the individual band members.  Cool ideas and moments, however man, the CD demos and CD the finished album, just make me appreciate Izzy's contributions more because those 5 guys really nailed the balance between hit-making melodies and good rock music.

• Like 2