The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I can beat you,

I can beat both of you... I hope I'm allowed to post the following video due to the new YouTube policy on MyGNR

Having said that, Slash has hundred of collaborations. Most of them are pretty cool to awesome. Compared to the amount of guest appearances he did over the last decades, there are a few which you didn't would expect him doing and very few which are ... embarrassing.

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

or smart marketing. Every little bit helps. It's also business. Slash is an icon and will become a legend so I guess he must have done something right.

It is not smart to become a sellout. And he is considered a legend, long before this, with gnr stuffs alone. There'd no need for this puff daddy/ tomorrowland dj bullshit.

14 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

It is not smart to become a sellout. And he is considered a legend, long before this, with gnr stuffs alone. There'd no need for this puff daddy/ tomorrowland dj bullshit.

I’ve heard slash say that he hates being bored and always tries to stay busy, and thats probably why he seems to sell out and do virtually anything. 

Edited by megaguns1982

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Does anyone else feel stuck in some weird bizarro Guns fan time warp gimmick? Every fucking day from 00-05 i'd check online first thing every day to see if there was an announcement that Chinese was about to be released or whatever. Same shit in 08. Generally here during tours anyway in case they swap out Patience for Don't Cry or whatever. But seriously, it's nearly 20 years later and i'm still checking here every day in case of Jesus. This fucking band. 

It really is a testament to how great this band are/were that any of us still give a shit at this point.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

It's well known that boredom is a big enemy of sobriety. Though I'm sure there are more suited gigs out there:lol:

Edited by ArthurMorgan

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I can beat both of you... I hope I'm allowed to post the following video due to the new YouTube policy on MyGNR

Having said that, Slash has hundred of collaborations. Most of them are pretty cool to awesome. Compared to the amount of guest appearances he did over the last decades, there are a few which you didn't would expect him doing and very few which are ... embarrassing.

That was probably the lowest point, I couldn't believe he was doing this song when I first heard it... Especially since the main solo could be played by anyone playing guitar for one year, there was no need for him to be in this.
On a happier note, since you mentioned Slash's other collaborations, Street Child by Elan is still one of his best solos in his catalogue and proves, what he is able to, when he just slows things down a bit, contrary to his playing on recent tours.

59 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

he used his name in such a way that made him bigger and known to more people from multiple generations. It wasn't just the work he did in Gn'R, it was things like Guitar Hero, playing with a lot of musicians  from more than just the rock genre like MJ for example, etc.

So he played with some questionable pop/rap artists. It's about not being forgotten and at the end of the day I think it helped his career more than it detracted from it.

there is no shame in getting paid. Gibson, Volkswagen, Black Death Vodka... it helps the bank account and people are reminded of the person who is selling it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Does anyone else feel stuck in some weird bizarro Guns fan time warp gimmick? Every fucking day from 00-05 i'd check online first thing every day to see if there was an announcement that Chinese was about to be released or whatever. Same shit in 08. Generally here during tours anyway in case they swap out Patience for Don't Cry or whatever. But seriously, it's nearly 20 years later and i'm still checking here every day in case of Jesus. This fucking band. 

It's quite a headache. One day we'll be rewarded! Maybe

17 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

I think you never ear that !!!!!

Good grief. I've never seen that before - or heard of 'Chuckie'! 

Absolutely dreadful, obviously, but I suppose a bit of kudos should be given for trying something different! 

Absolutely right about him wanting to keep busy all the time....which (going back to thread topic) surely bodes well or SOME sort of new material at some point. Maybe. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Good grief. I've never seen that before - or heard of 'Chuckie'! 

Absolutely dreadful, obviously, but I suppose a bit of kudos should be given for trying something different! 

Absolutely right about him wanting to keep busy all the time....which (going back to thread topic) surely bodes well or SOME sort of new material at some point. Maybe. 

It's a horror show. I hadn't seen that either. I still haven't as I looked away

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

never stops, why would he?

That NAMM Weekend looked fantastic. I'd never heard of it 

So apparently, AC/DC will be releasing an album in March. Pearl Jam, too. It's not inconceivable that Guns will schedule an album for March, but the month is beginning to look awfully crowded.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-ac-dc-to-release-new-album-this-year-tour-australia-in-the-fall/?fbclid=IwAR0OAeRKlbliJ7ZTwceV-XH42U01RFRWEVG73IKxZG-SJBZT_AqykXu2u3A

• Like 1