The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

23 hours ago, Towelie said:

It really is a testament to how great this band are/were that any of us still give a shit at this point.

For me it's more a testament to Chinese. If Axl hadn't released a thing or played anything new live after 1994 I wouldn't be on here checking everyday, no chance. But from first hearing the new stuff at Rio 3 in 2001 I was hooked for more. 

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

So apparently, AC/DC will be releasing an album in March. Pearl Jam, too. It's not inconceivable that Guns will schedule an album for March, but the month is beginning to look awfully crowded.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-ac-dc-to-release-new-album-this-year-tour-australia-in-the-fall/?fbclid=IwAR0OAeRKlbliJ7ZTwceV-XH42U01RFRWEVG73IKxZG-SJBZT_AqykXu2u3A

Seriously how would eddie maguire know who first broke the story?.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

So apparently, AC/DC will be releasing an album in March. Pearl Jam, too. It's not inconceivable that Guns will schedule an album for March, but the month is beginning to look awfully crowded.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/report-ac-dc-to-release-new-album-this-year-tour-australia-in-the-fall/?fbclid=IwAR0OAeRKlbliJ7ZTwceV-XH42U01RFRWEVG73IKxZG-SJBZT_AqykXu2u3A

I'll be happy with a busy March. I hope GNR promote the album with more than a few Tweets. They'll have plenty of tour footage to make a cool video 

So heres my overall thinking about the whole AC/DC & GNR album / tour rumors. I've got a strange feeling AC/DC will be opening up for Guns this year over in Australia around September, Guns does a US tour July - August then too Australia. I believe for AC/DC they will be the opening act to test out Brian's hearing aids, if that goes well more touring, if not then AC/DC ended where it fucking started. We know Angus and Axl still talk back in 2018 Axl dedicated Heavens Door to Angus' dog & Angus and his wife sent Beta flowers for her birthday. Also imagine that huge fucking paycheck & that headline "GNR touring with new music with the opener being a reunited AC/DC".

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

So heres my overall thinking about the whole AC/DC & GNR album / tour rumors. I've got a strange feeling AC/DC will be opening up for Guns this year over in Australia around September, Guns does a US tour July - August then too Australia. I believe for AC/DC they will be the opening act to test out Brian's hearing aids, if that goes well more touring, if not then AC/DC ended where it fucking started. We know Angus and Axl still talk back in 2018 Axl dedicated Heavens Door to Angus' dog & Angus and his wife sent Beta flowers for her birthday. Also imagine that huge fucking paycheck & that headline "GNR touring with new music with the opener being a reunited AC/DC".

Both bands are too big to be support bands imo.. 

But IF a tour with these 2 together would happen, GNR had to be the opening act, ACDC is way more legendary than GNR and deserves the headliner spot

12 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

The idea of AC/DC opening for GNR is preposterous, especially suggesting this in Australia.

• Like 3

The Who opened for GNR in South America 2017. The Who are one of the biggest Bands of all time. Many people were on the stadium only for Who and left as soon as they finished. But I don’t see AC/DC opening for GNR, the only way I see that happening, is AC/DC playing warmup 1h30 shows and then do a full run on their own

Edited by alangarcianr

37 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Would like to see this but dont think so.

Both bands are two big, plus this would be likely AcDCs last album and tour. Soi think they would be doing their own shows with a massive production.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

No way AC/DC would be opening for GnR, especially in Australia. 
AC/DC have been a headliner for the past 40 years, why on earth would they step aside now? Ridiculous 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

I dont know about acdc opening for guns. If anything it would be a joint headliner concert like the gnr metallica ones in the 90s

20 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I’d take that AC/DC album news with a grain of salt. The guy reporting the news is more of a sports guy here in Oz. I highly doubt he has anymore inside info than anyone else does. 

And I also doubt they’d be releasing and album so soon with zero confirmation or promo out there yet. Amateurs, AC/DC are not. 

Axl and Co. would have too much respect to even suggest AC/DC open a show for them, I’m sure they’d be honored to play before AC/DC though. Don't forget the reverence Axl displayed for the band and their songs, much more than his own! 

8 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

Co headline could do it.

AC/DC has opened for the Stones in 2003. But the Stones are bigger than GNR

I know guys who were at all these club gigs in 03..... Poxy bastards.....

”Yeah.... I saw AcDc and the Stones on that tour, yeah... in a club, they were good” 

Fucking sure they woulda been...... :headbang:

11 hours ago, djones1225 said:

Lol, no.

12 hours ago, djones1225 said:

ACDC would never open a show in Australia, they'd be the headliner with basically any act. And it's hard to see Gnr wanting to open for anyone if they're promoting a new album, they'll want to be the main event. 

19 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I loathe this band sometimes. And it's all Axl and/or management.

Duff puts out new music and promotes. Slash puts out new music and promotes.

GNR? Nothing. And never talk about what's going on with the band. OK, cool.

But yesterday is a perfect example of GNR triggering me. It was MLK day. I had a short 8-second video of my dog on my Instagram, and I wanted to use eight seconds of "Madagascar" part with MLK for my video. But GNR, unlike almost every other band that exists right now, removed their songs from Instagram, TikTok, etc. So people can't use a few second clips to play over their photos or videos. How shortsighted is this? I mean, literally memes are created these days on TikTok and IG with short clips of new or old music. Songs have gotten popular because of this. Yet GNR is like, "Nah, let's remove all our music from social media platforms." Same shit they do with the youtube live video takedowns.

For what it's worth. Duff and Slash have their new music on social media.

I don't want GNR music to become memes. I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy Toto's Africa again after these last few years.

• Like 2