The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't want GNR music to become memes. I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy Toto's Africa again after these last few years.

This is a good point, and perhaps the takedown on Instagram and TikTok is to protect the integrity of the music. Perhaps, I was wrong. But since this is GNR we're talking about, it's probably for some other stupid reason. 

34 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I loathe this band sometimes. And it's all Axl and/or management.

Duff puts out new music and promotes. Slash puts out new music and promotes.

GNR? Nothing. And never talk about what's going on with the band. OK, cool.

But yesterday is a perfect example of GNR triggering me. It was MLK day. I had a short 8-second video of my dog on my Instagram, and I wanted to use eight seconds of "Madagascar" part with MLK for my video. But GNR, unlike almost every other band that exists right now, removed their songs from Instagram, TikTok, etc. So people can't use a few second clips to play over their photos or videos. How shortsighted is this? I mean, literally memes are created these days on TikTok and IG with short clips of new or old music. Songs have gotten popular because of this. Yet GNR is like, "Nah, let's remove all our music from social media platforms." Same shit they do with the youtube live video takedowns.

For what it's worth. Duff and Slash have their new music on social media.

It's a weird one. Prince blocked all his music and eventually pictures from fansites which meant that basically after The Most Beautiful Girl In The World in 1993 he barely made any new fans and to a couple generations he barely exists. This was all for the principle that e.g. Youtube makes millions off of my work and pay me an insulting amount. But now he's dead, he left no provisions and his estate and vault are in a mess and his stuff's now uploaded all over the place.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

But yesterday is a perfect example of GNR triggering me. It was MLK day. I had a short 8-second video of my dog on my Instagram, and I wanted to use eight seconds of "Madagascar" part with MLK for my video. But GNR, unlike almost every other band that exists right now, removed their songs from Instagram, TikTok, etc. So people can't use a few second clips to play over their photos or videos. How shortsighted is this? I mean, literally memes are created these days on TikTok and IG with short clips of new or old music. Songs have gotten popular because of this. Yet GNR is like, "Nah, let's remove all our music from social media platforms." Same shit they do with the youtube live video takedowns.

GNR is a much bigger business then what Slash and Duff run.  Who knows, all that promotion stuff may be under contract for somebody else and they are pigeonholed into what they can do by legal issues.  We just don't know why they do the things they do.  Any business can only do so much.  We don't know what they have to put on the back burner.  We don't know a lot of shit about their business and we shouldn't. 

What we do know is this band has been around a long time, is a world wide attraction on a large scale.  They could be about to go bankrupt for all I know.  But where many bands have gone by the wayside, GNR are still a big deal.  They've done something right to get this far.  Where they are taking this thing is only known to them.  For all we know, this could be the last go around or just the beginning to going bigger or maybe just staying where they are at.  

43 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I think that Axl should be thankefully you or someone put CD songs, because CD isn't very mainstream album.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

This is a good point, and perhaps the takedown on Instagram and TikTok is to protect the integrity of the music. Perhaps, I was wrong. But since this is GNR we're talking about, it's probably for some other stupid reason. 

It's not just GNR. I have noticed that lot of concert footage has been taken down for various bands and music artist. Halestorm definitely is an example of that. You can still see some stuff but it seems like a lot of Halestorm concert footage was taken down.  

6 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't want GNR music to become memes. I don't know if I'll ever be able to enjoy Toto's Africa again after these last few years.

Are you saying you don't want a Weezer cover of GNR with Weird Al playing the accordion over it??? 

17 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Dude, the situation is so fucked up that last year I did an Izzy speed art and uploaded to youtube and IGTV with an Izzy song, and the song was removed from both :lol:

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Listening to Slash on ordinary man has made me really want new music with Guns. 
His guitar playing just has so much feel and emotion to it. 

We've been starved of the Hudson/Rose combo over the years. It's definitely time

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Slash has a new interview on guitar.com where he states that nothing definite in regards what to do with new music that’s been recorded.

I don't understand the line. They recorded new music but don't know what to do with that?

Speaking of Guns, have you got anything more you can share about the new album?

“There’s been no definitive answer on anything and I’ll just keep keep to that. Stuff is happening, but there are no specifics. More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.

“Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Yeah, make a record and go old school’. And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!’”

Link here for anyone who wants to read;

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/namm-2020-slash-gibson-collection-his-new-gibson-collection-new-guns-n-roses-album/

Not really sure what issue they're trying to create here. Don't know what to do with it? Release it, maybe? As every other artist does.

It's such a non issue. Release a couple singles, release the album, put it on Spotify etc. and release a vinyl to stores. Couldn't be more simple, every artist today does it.

He's saying the materials there, don't see why he's trying to over complicate it? Other than as an excuse if it doesn't work out. 

Edited by registra
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy squire said:

There are song finished, there is album finished, but , the problem is how to take it to the people?

in 3 ep? A classic promotion?

Physical copies be sold at concerts only and exclusively.

At every show say 10 CD's with a golden ticket that gets you backstage and meet the band in person afrer the show.

Would boost ticket sales, create an actual hype about the album and make owning a physical CD special again.

At least that's what I'd throw at the wall if I was their manager. :lol:

11 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Las copias físicas se venderán en conciertos única y exclusivamente.

En cada show, diga 10 CD's con un boleto dorado que lo lleve al backstage y conozca a la banda en persona después del show.

Aumentaría la venta de entradas, crearía una verdadera exageración sobre el álbum y volvería a tener un CD físico especial.

Al menos eso es lo que tiraría a la pared si fuera su manager. :lol:

Great idea, I got ticket to Sevilla jajajajs