The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

31 minutes ago, registra said:

Speaking of Guns, have you got anything more you can share about the new album?

“There’s been no definitive answer on anything and I’ll just keep keep to that. Stuff is happening, but there are no specifics. More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.

“Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Yeah, make a record and go old school’. And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!’”

Link here for anyone who wants to read;

https://guitar.com/features/interviews/namm-2020-slash-gibson-collection-his-new-gibson-collection-new-guns-n-roses-album/

Not really sure what issue they're trying to create here. Don't know what to do with it? Release it, maybe? As every other artist does.

It's such a non issue. Release a couple singles, release the album, put it on Spotify etc. and release a vinyl to stores. Couldn't be more simple, every artist today does it.

He's saying the materials there, don't see why he's trying to over complicate it? Other than as an excuse if it doesn't work out. 

I know Slash/Guns like to be secretive/vague, but this really doesn't sound like the words of a band about to release new material.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

That’s so fucking stupid to me, Slash has been releasing records with SMKC and solo albums before then for years now. He’s talking out of his ass, straight up bullshitting here.

There is only one reason that this band can’t release new music, and we all know who it is.

Exactly. Why is he suddenly concerned about how to release a record, when that is obviously not an issue with SMKC? It is bullshit. He's trying to lower expectations to nothing. This has Axl written all over it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

My theory is that they've recorded a single, but now they're planning on making a music video. The single and the video is a direct follow-up to Estranged and it starts with 90s Axl jumping into a time machine, heading for the future, but for some reason he ages and becomes current Axl, but he's in a sci-fi future were we see him flying around on robot dolphins. Also Duff is in a flying car and Slash is playing a solo on Mars.

• Like 3

The stuff Slash and Duff have been saying about recording is the same nonsense Dizzy/Richard/Tommy/DJ ect. have been saying for the past twenty years. It means nothing. Ron is the only one that ever told the truth in regards to new music, which is that the band writes and records music constantly but a certain someone isn't interested in doing anything with it. This is true with GNR regardless of lineup.

• Like 3

What the fuck is wrong with these guys?...they are a bunch of absolute cunts...just stick the music on the streaming services and let the fans find it...other major artists have no problem with this...they have made a fortune touring so money shouldn't be an issue...one album in 30 years from Axl...sitting on quality songs recorded 20 years ago and won't release them..the guy has serious issues...pissing away his God given talent

• Like 3

Here's an idea- DO WHAT YOU DID WITH SMKC! 

Release the album. Tour it. Then release a live album of the tour. 

People like me will buy the album, go to the tour, and buy the live album. 

Sure the industry has 'changed' buy EVERY OTHER BAND, including HIS OTHER BAND have no problem releasing a CD, a vinyl, and putting the album on streaming sites. Be it Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, fucking Taylor Swift, Neil Diamond, whatever. 

To be honest, I find it a bit of an insult to blame the industry for this one. Both himself and Duff know how to release albums......GNR aren't some majestical special case. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

What the fuck is wrong with these guys?...they are a bunch of absolute cunts...just stick the music on the streaming services and let the fans find it...other major artists have no problem with this...they have made a fortune touring so money shouldn't be an issue...one album in 30 years from Axl...sitting on quality songs recorded 20 years ago and won't release them..the guy has serious issues...pissing away his God given talent

Ikr? It’s just pathetic.

I mean, silver lining is that on Jan 31st when the setlist is essentially a copy and paste from NITL it will be less of a gut punch.  At least we can check our expectations going forward, and see this tour for the wheel spinning cash grab that it is.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

Just now, allwaystired said:

Here's an idea- DO WHAT YOU DID WITH SMKC! 

Release the album. Tour it. Then release a live album of the tour. 

People like me will buy the album, go to the tour, and buy the live album. 

Sire the industry has 'changed' buy EVERY OTHER BAND, including HIS OTHER BAND have no problem releasing a CD, a vinyl, and putting the album on streaming sites. Be it Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, fucking Taylor Swift, Neil Diamond, whatever. 

To be honest, I find it a bit if an insult to blame the industry for this one. Both himself and Duff know how to release albums......GNR aren't some majestical special case. 

True. And the thing that Ozzy releases album that features him and Duff in one month just show how full of shit they are. Like, you are working with so many artists and only GNR has an issue with releasing what they recorded wtf