The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

You're not sure what to do with the album? How about just releasing it? The people who buy records will buy the record and the people who stream their music will stream it. What's the big deal? It's a very simple process. Only some megalomaniac who wants his record to be some kind of an event that breaks the internet and saves rock n' roll would see a problem here. Oh right...    :axl:

Just now, sl4yer said:

True. And the thing that Ozzy releases album that features him and Duff in one month just show how full of shit they are. Like, you are working with so many artists and only GNR has an issue with releasing what they recorded wtf

Exactly. And this 'oh, there's no point in releasing traditional albums' anymore line is such crap. Bands that play 200 capacity venues still manage to record and release albums, on the limited budgets they have!  

• Like 3

Just now, allwaystired said:

Exactly. And this 'oh, there's no point in releasing traditional albums' anymore line is such crap. Bands that play 200 capacity venues still manage to record and release albums, on the limited budgets they have!  

It's just a load of flannel to cover up the fact that they have a singer who can't sing, write new music or release anything. Chris Pitman said the exact same thing about ten years ago.

• Like 2

Just now, Towelie said:

It's just a load of flannel to cover up the fact that they have a singer who can't sing, write new music or release anything. Chris Pitman said the exact same thing about ten years ago.

I feel more saddened by these Slash quotes than I have by ANYTHING the band have done in their whole career. It feels like the shutters have gone down. 

• Like 4

Slash is obviously just parroting whatever nonsense Axl fed him as to why there's no album coming.  Slash obviously doesn't operate the way he described in terms of putting out music.  Life's only as complicated as you make it.  He needs to stop drinking the Team Brazil Kool Aid.

• Haha 1

Slash is making more money than he's made probably since the early 90s with these shows.  Despite all the claims that he wouldn't stick around if Axl held up new music he's obviously content to let this band coast on auto pilot, the same way it has for the past 10 years. And now he's echoing Axl's mind fucking excuses for no new music like a good little soldier.  Pathetic.

Edited by sofine11

There will come a point where they'll have to announce either

1) a new album 

2) that there won't be a new album

3) the end of GNR

They can't stay silent forever, fans are already disappointed and the press and casuals probably will be to at some point 

I don't see any particular problem there. Basically what he's said before, more or less. Whatever they're up to, this was not the place to give it away. Main thing is, they've been recording. The resulting form is a secondary matter. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

There will come a point where they'll have to announce either

1) a new album 

2) that there won't be a new album

3) the end of GNR

They can't stay silent forever, fans are already disappointed and the press and casuals probably will be to at some point 

The sad thing is, they won't have to do that. They can, in theory, do this for the rest of their lives. They'll probably always be able to play arenas and can roll round every couple of years, sell some t-shirts to rich and fat people who want to pretend it's 1989 and it would be fine.

Most people would probably even prefer the trip down memory lane to being remotely challenged by anything new. They can get drunk, take a selfie with their back to the stage, wear an Axl bandana or Slash hat, maybe even take an inflatable guitar with them. They can make it an 'office social' and all their buddies can come along and record 'November Rain' on their phones. Then they can fuck off back to the sort of lives GNR in the 80s stood against. 

Those of us who give a fuck about the band? We can hope for better than that, as we know what this band are capable of. That's probably the most infuriating part.  

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I don't see any particular problem there. Basically what he's said before, more or less. Whatever they're up to, this was not the place to give it away. Main thing is, they've been recording. The resulting form is a secondary matter. 

That and the only other thing I can think of is that Slash is ALWAYS vague about everything. 

He was saying he didn't know anything about rejoining GNR all the way up until he posted the Coachella announcement on his social media. 

For me, 01/31 remains my "drop dead date". If nothing happens that date, I'm just done with GNR for the year. I've got all the other sections here, tons of other artists and now my own podcast to be concerned with :)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

He may be deviating information, I think Axl’s the only one allowed to talk about new stuff.

At least we know some stuff was recorded

Yeah it's great, no need to worry. Just have to wait 20 years till they get leaked as unfinished demos :) 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It is almost beyond ridicule really?

I love the irony of worrying about selling a record to people who say "we don't even know what buying a record is any more"!

Essentially it's saying "there's no point in making something for someone who would never have wanted to buy it in the first place". How about thinking about, you know, making records for the people who DO want to buy it, rather than worrying about selling records to people who don't want to buy records?! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That and the only other thing I can think of is that Slash is ALWAYS vague about everything. 

He was saying he didn't know anything about rejoining GNR all the way up until he posted the Coachella announcement on his social media. 

For me, 01/31 remains my "drop dead date". If nothing happens that date, I'm just done with GNR for the year. I've got all the other sections here, tons of other artists and now my own podcast to be concerned with :)

Agreed, the quote doesn't come off great but I still am hopeful if the stuff was recorded it will get released soon.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

January 31... or March. Truth is, if they don't wanna be seriously taking a piss, they should do at least something new right on 01/31. 

• Like 1