The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah.... I'm worried about that too. The only "defense" anyone could possibly have for the band if nothing happens is "....but 'all new show' didn't apply to this show!" 

I feel like Slash's recent comments were a much needed reality check for a lot of us. After that interview, I ain't expecting jack anytime soon.

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, sofine11 said:

This band is on fringe of committing the cardinal sin of being BORING. 

Slash is obviously just regurgitating whatever weak-ass lines he's being fed by Axl and Team Brazil in regard to why this album will not be released to coincide with the upcoming tour.  It makes them all look utterly retarded. 

Two things about your posts from what I saw on here and the HTGTH website. I had thought that in 2012 that GNR's induction into the Hall of Fame was now or never. I thought that this was the last chance for Axl and Slash to reunite. Boy, was I wrong. They  reunited at the least expecting moment... 3.5 years later. The Miami date isn't a definitive date set by anyone except for some hardcore online fans. I really think a lot of people need to stop with their expectations. It'll get released probably when they have the business side of it done. If anything this interview confirms that some music has been done. 

The second thing about your  post, which I do find it as a slur, is your use of the r word in this post. I have a physical disability. When I was a kid growing up, I had people use that word on me even though my disability is physical. I kindly ask you to keep that in mind when you are posting on here or someplace else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah.... I'm worried about that too. The only "defense" anyone could possibly have for the band if nothing happens is "....but 'all new show' didn't apply to this show!" 

A lot of people keep saying but "the next chapter" quote only applied to Europe.  C'mon, are we really expecting them to rewrite the setlist on the flight across the Atlantic?  Are we really that naive?

Now, I'm hoping beyond hope that we're putting the cart before the horse and whatever is planned for Friday blows us away, and we get a new single and everything.  But how likely is any of that?

29 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I feel like Slash's recent comments were a much needed reality check for a lot of us. After that interview, I ain't expecting jack anytime soon.

Again though, Slash is always vague. In the interviews leading up to the reunion he had no idea what was going on with Guns, then he updated his Instagram page to announce Coachella. 

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

A lot of people keep saying but "the next chapter" quote only applied to Europe.  C'mon, are we really expecting them to rewrite the setlist on the flight across the Atlantic?  Are we really that naive?

Now, I'm hoping beyond hope that we're putting the cart before the horse and whatever is planned for Friday blows us away, and we get a new single and everything.  But how likely is any of that?

Oh, I agree. I don't see how anything magically changes between this Friday when they start the tour a month later. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Again though, Slash is always vague. In the interviews leading up to the reunion he had no idea what was going on with Guns, then he updated his Instagram page to announce Coachella. 

Oh, I agree. I don't see how anything magically changes between this Friday when they start the tour a month later. 

I think the big question lies in whether new music will somehow materialize.  Their sets will always be 90% the same.  That's just how it is, and I'm fine with that.  It's common sense really.  

The big question is that 10% they get to play with, and the possible inclusion of new material in there. Hearing Dead Horse and Locomotive is fun as a throwback, but the real pay off for fans who follow this band and aren't there just to drunkenly sing along to chorus of SCOM is always going to be new music.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Had an epiphany tonight. Fuck this band. I’m selling my London tickets and investing my energy and time in Pearl Jam. Getting tix to Hyde Park in July and looking forward to the new album 27 March. I’m gonna follow what 99.9% of people would consider to be you know like a normal fuckin band 

Yeah, I hear ya. Except Pearl Jam is insufferable.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That being the big takeaway is a real bummer since we've known that since 2002

True - although the way it was worded etc suggested there was something ‘real’ in regards to material (regardless of if they are re-recorded versions of old songs).

Side point - if they decided to play Hardschool/Perhaps/Atlas Shrugged on Friday or on new tour I’d be well chuffed! IMO - there is no way they can go right back out after a 3 year(ish) tour with no new material (or a big change ala 4/5 rare UYI tunes and randoms like Reckless Life for example). I can’t think of any examples of another band doing this (I know - it’s GNR) so reckon we will get something even if it’s just a tour EP like ‘Lies’.

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Yeah, I hear ya. Except Pearl Jam is insufferable.

Agreed - Pearl Jam were the least exciting of the grunge bands. AIC, Soundgarden and Nirvana were better IMO. I know loads of folk who love PJ.......I just don’t see it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

We will merely move the goalposts, right? And switch our hope to the start of the next tour leg.

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Agreed - Pearl Jam were the least exciting of the grunge bands. AIC, Soundgarden and Nirvana were better IMO. I know loads of folk who love PJ.......I just don’t see it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Right. And their latest single is a poor man's David Bowie. I appreciate their war against Ticketmaster in the '90s. I appreciate their varied set lists, and all the live shows they put out for fans. They operate the way I'd love GNR to operate. But, man, I just don't like Vedder's voice and singing style. Never have and never will. I prefer Mother Love Bone, which was basically PJ without Eddie.

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Right. And their latest single is a poor man's David Bowie. I appreciate their war against Ticketmaster in the '90s. I appreciate their varied set lists, and all the live shows they put out for fans. They operate the way I'd love GNR to operate. But, man, I just don't like Vedder's voice and singing style. Never have and never will. I prefer Mother Love Bone, which was basically PJ without Eddie.

Yeah, Vedders voice doesn’t do it for me. Neither did Cobains but at least Nirvana had some tunes. The only PJ song I really like is Do The Evoulution - if Even Flow/Alive/Jeremy played on the radio I’d turn it over.

11 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

We will merely move the goalposts, right? And switch our hope to the start of the next tour leg.

Nah. I understand how others might, but I won't have any hope for later in the year if something doesn't happen on Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Nah. I understand how others might, but I won't have any hope for later in the year if something doesn't happen on Friday. 

This. If they'd squander that opportunity to introduce "something" new I'm checked out.  I'll still visit the forums to bullshit with other fans, but my expectations will be absolutely shot.

• Like 3

What would you have thought if Chinese had come out in 2001 2002 with the tracklist off one of the recent leaked cd's. Don't quote me on the order but the track listing was

Madagascar

The blues

Chinese Democracy

Catcher in the Rye

Rhiad

perhaps

silk worms

There was a Time

IRS

Prostitute

While this version is missing Better, This I love, Shacklers and Sorry which would have been disappointing... it also would have had rawer mixes and Josh on drums. The tracklist is pretty good. I think if they would have just released this for the 2001-2002 era. It would have sold way better, been received better and sounded less bloated.... and we'd likely have another album or two by now.

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This. If they'd squander that opportunity to introduce "something" new I'm checked out.  I'll still visit the forums to bullshit with other fans, but my expectations will be absolutely shot.

Same here. I'll always visit this place and post in the main section, but I just won't have any hope of something good happening with GNR. 

Other than that, I've got more than enough going on that I can put energy into. Things that will yield actually results as opposed to hoping for GNR to do something lol

• Like 1

Idk, Miami is only a one off show and one they might want to play it safe with. My cut off date has been the start of the actual tour for a while, though I agree that using the Miami show to start promotion would be the best way to do that, and if nothing happens it’s definitely gonna damage what little hope I have that a new album is coming. I won’t give up hope completely until the tour starts and nothing has been at least announced. I’ll also give up hope if the US tour is announced without a new album because it would be a really dumb move to market that without a new album, if one was coming.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

The new PJ single is not good.  The single sounds something like the Talking Heads. 

5 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Like an Axl announcement from the stage?  

I ran down my hope a week ago or so, but what I would love to see happen is have a new single come out that morning followed by them playing it live that night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Their latest single makes Axl's experimental Silk Worms era sound like Beethoven. I seriously thought it was a joke when I heard it. Like, is this shit for real? Completely ridiculous.

I just think GNR will "play it safe" at the Superbowl show and go with the usual set. 

I turned on my TV yesterday and the Grammys happened to be on and Aerosmith was out there. I was like, "Woah, they have an old rock band at the Grammys?" Then again, I don't know if that's a shock because I really haven't watched an awards show in years.

Anyway, Aerosmith was out there doing their thing. My girlfriend walked into the room and watched a minute of it before saying, "Can you imagine if Guns N' Roses ever did something like this?"

And I told her, "I was just thinking the same thing. How cool would it be if they just showed up out of nowhere? But they would never. And the last time Axl did anything like this was all the way back in 2002."