The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, slash23579 said:

Idk, Miami is only a one off show and one they might want to play it safe with. My cut off date has been the start of the actual tour for a while, though I agree that using the Miami show to start promotion would be the best way to do that, and if nothing happens it’s definitely gonna damage what little hope I have that a new album is coming. I won’t give up hope completely until the tour starts and nothing has been at least announced. I’ll also give up hope if the US tour is announced without a new album because it would be a really dumb move to market that without a new album, if one was coming.

I agree that the SB is play it safe. One of the big 3 songs.If nothing new is debuted at the SA gigs, then there is no new material released this year.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I guess the big takeaway from the interview is there is material. So it’s just a case of when now.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That being the big takeaway is a real bummer since we've known that since 2002

But this is material with Slash on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slash23579 said:

The playlist is on their SoundCloud and I think Apple Music as well but none of it can be accessed right now. Wonder what they’re planning on doing with these

honnestly just seems live another greatest hits live album but seeing as how its pretty much all afd stuff (except kohd and mama kin) one can only hope it means izzy and steven might be back in some way shape or form

48 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

honnestly just seems live another greatest hits live album but seeing as how its pretty much all afd stuff (except kohd and mama kin) one can only hope it means izzy and steven might be back in some way shape or form

I wonder if this means a potential  official release?. I would never beleive an AFD5 reunion would ever happen. I still think axl hates steve to this day for taking the band to court in the early 90s.

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

I'd be surprised, they used to have a lot more audios of concerts that never got released. Just all got taken down eventually

Guys do you not get it yet? We’re being punished for all the criticism and other shit that has occurred on the various forums since the days of Renate and Soze. There will be no new music 😂

Edited by gavgnr

I have been thinking about this for 5 hours a day for 12 years and I'm 89% sure Axl will release another Gn'R record but it won't be anytime soon cause he probably doesn't know when himself cause it moves in slow motion. He always finds a reason to do something else but this is how it is. Just because nothing gets released this year doesn't really mean anything.

• Like 1

can anyone remember that the Ritz '88 concert was shown at some Appetite For Destruction re-release Locked N' Loaded Fan event in awesome quality? Why they don't release it on DVD or Blu Ray? And no, I don't want a simple answer like "Axl"

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Right, but the same guy is still steering the ship, regardless of who's playing on the songs. 

True, but I'm more interested in this material because Slash is on it.

I agree with you though, if nothing happens this week or at the start of the tour then it'll probably be another year of the same show and no new music. At which point hopefully Slash will call up the Conspirators and do that record instead.

• Like 2

On 26. 01. 2020. at 2:28 AM, RussTCB said:

I wish you had any idea what you're talking about. That would be a great starting point for discussion. Then again, you're not interested in a discussion. You're just interested in attempting to troll me, failing, then resulting to insults. But carry on, I guess? 

:facepalm:

you really like to give yourself importance, don't you?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

:facepalm:

you really like to give yourself importance, don't you?

There again... You have no idea how to carry on a discussion with making poor attempts at insults instead of engaging in an actual discussion. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

can anyone remember that the Ritz '88 concert was shown at some Appetite For Destruction re-release Locked N' Loaded Fan event in awesome quality? Why they don't release it on DVD or Blu Ray? And no, I don't want a simple answer like "Axl"

Maybe something to do with getting the rights from MTV.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There again... You have no idea how to carry on a discussion with making poor attempts at insults instead of engaging in an actual discussion. 

I said it in the previous post and there is no need to repeat myself. As for trolling, scroll back and rethink who is trolling who (not only on this topic.  90% of my post have your reaction. so much for trolling). Guess delussion is the word.

Edited by shotsfired cro
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

WAS it though? I never heard anyone say that the quality of the Ritz footage was any different? Actually - it’s odd that there isn’t an footage of that event at all?!?!

I've never payed such close attention to something that I'm 99.9999% sure is going to disappoint me. 1 new album in nearly 30 years does not put the odds in our favor that anything is going to move that dial.

God, what's wrong with us? :facepalm:

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

I've never payed such close attention to something that I'm 99.9999% sure is going to disappoint me. 1 new album in nearly 30 years does not put the odds in our favor that anything is going to move that dial.

God, what's wrong with us? :facepalm:

LOL, I often wonder that! Though, I have to say, at least for me: my random has been kind of on auto pilot for roughly 10 years, or at least 8. The only thing that keeps me around a GNR forum is the community itself, not the band by a long shot. 

• Like 2