The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

I said it in the previous post and there is no need to repeat myself. As for trolling, scroll back and rethink who is trolling who (not only on this topic.  90% of my post have your reaction. so much for trolling). Guess delussion is the word.

I'm sure that is not the word. 

18 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

WAS it though? I never heard anyone say that the quality of the Ritz footage was any different? Actually - it’s odd that there isn’t an footage of that event at all?!?!

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220322-appetite-locked-n-loaded-party-in-la-tonight-with-pics/  

edit: Sorry it wasn't in LA.. The event was in London, UK

Edited by t-p-d-a

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Cheers - although I’m sure there was one in the UK which made a big deal about the Ritz show being played (and wasn’t an industry type show). I seem to think the shindig itself was either cancelled or the Ritz gig wasn’t shown......could be talking crap right enough! 😂

Edited by DTJ80

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Cheers - although I’m sure there was one in the UK which made a big deal about the Ritz show being played (and wasn’t an industry type show). I seem to think the shindig itself was either cancelled or the Ritz gig wasn’t shown......could be talking crap right enough! 😂

That was a popup shop on Camden Street(I think) in London. Set up a shop and had a load of merch with a remastered Ritz 88 playing on a big screen in the shop or something like that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, registra said:

That was a popup shop on Camden Street(I think) in London. Set up a shop and had a load of merch with a remastered Ritz 88 playing on a big screen in the shop or something like that.

👍 Cool - cheers for the clarification.

1 hour ago, registra said:

Yes I saw that.

They played the Ritz show on a giant screen on a continuous loop. 

The picture had clearly been upgraded in some ways. Seems strange they would go to all that trouble just for the sake of something to show in a pop up store.... 

On 1/27/2020 at 5:08 PM, DTJ80 said:

Yeah, Vedders voice doesn’t do it for me. Neither did Cobains but at least Nirvana had some tunes. The only PJ song I really like is Do The Evoulution - if Even Flow/Alive/Jeremy played on the radio I’d turn it over.

Cobain didn't have a lovely singing voice per se. But he had a rawness and emotion to his voice that's not easily imitated. I often go back to his cover of "In the Pines" on MTV Unplugged. There was so much potential for Cobain to embark on a solo singer/songwriter type of career. He just needed to get away from nonsense first-grade rhymes lyrics. They are cringey.

Edited by GnR Chris

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Cobain didn't have a lovely singing voice per se. But he had a rawness and emotion to his voice that's not easily imitated. I often go back to his cover of "In the Pines" on MTV Unplugged. There was so much potential for Cobain to embark on a solo singer/songwriter type of career. He just needed to get away from nonsense first-grade rhymes lyrics. They are cringey.

Kurt's voice had character and power. Exactly what a good Punk rock frontman needs. It was a perfect instrument for the mood he was going for in his music. Grohl said his voice had such a great timbre but he sang like he had nails in his throat. Still, for me it's Axl's rasp sometimes: when it fits the song it kinda is more "lovely" or is with an agressive vocal element.

• Like 1

On 27. 1. 2020 at 6:29 PM, jamillos said:

Just one Tuesday left until the first show of the 20s. Just sayin'. 

So... it passed. In vain, no fruit. I understand you guys have obviously shifted to Wednesdays now, just not to be so predictive. Ok, I respect that. So let's go now. 
And no, I won't be writing the same shit tomorrow again. 
Axl, a single, let's go. 

15 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I've never payed such close attention to something that I'm 99.9999% sure is going to disappoint me. 1 new album in nearly 30 years does not put the odds in our favor that anything is going to move that dial.

God, what's wrong with us? :facepalm:

Theres nothing wrong with us and everything to do about them.

If there is no new music at the SA shows there will be no music in 2020. We have a singer in a "band" that has not released anything in 12 years. Who expects to release music at his lazily pleasure and expects fans to see him in a stadium/arena when he wants to tour.

Some one who if he had his way did not want CD released and the only reason why CD was released was because the Record Company just wanted to make their dollars back.

The jokes on us.

44 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

If there is no new music at the SA shows there will be no music in 2020. We have a singer in a "band" that has not released anything in 12 years. Who expects to release music at his lazily pleasure and expects fans to see him in a stadium/arena when he wants to tour.

Some one who if he had his way did not want CD released and the only reason why CD was released was because the Record Company just wanted to make their dollars back.

The jokes on us.

To maintain fairness though, he did want the CD released as early as in 2000, but the money pricks didn’t. Let’s not forget about that either.

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

The jokes on us.

We'll, to be fair... he has released ROCK THE ROCK! 😜😁

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

To maintain fairness though, he did want the CD released as early as in 2000, but the money pricks didn’t. Let’s not forget about that either.

Thats true and i wish it was that rather than what came out in 08. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

These anti-Frank people gotta stamp in their minds that whatever he is playing is what Slash and Duff want to hear from him. They're just judging him because because he is not Steven or Matt. Brain altered Mr Brownstone, November Rain and many other songs too and I don't see people hating on him like they are on Frank. The tour has been going on for four years and if Slash and Duff hear anything they don't like it could've been fixed by now. New music is the topic so I think again Frank will play however/whatever Slash and Duff want him to play and the same people will hate it because it's Frank. But if it's the same sound and had Steven or Matt played it automatically it's a complete 180 for these people. 

Just because he's black, i would guess... 😬

Edited by ZODIAC
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

These anti-Frank people gotta stamp in their minds that whatever he is playing is what Slash and Duff want to hear from him. They're just judging him because because he is not Steven or Matt. Brain altered Mr Brownstone, November Rain and many other songs too and I don't see people hating on him like they are on Frank. The tour has been going on for four years and if Slash and Duff hear anything they don't like it could've been fixed by now. New music is the topic so I think again Frank will play however/whatever Slash and Duff want him to play and the same people will hate it because it's Frank. But if it's the same sound and had Steven or Matt played it automatically it's a complete 180 for these people. 

I can accept frank for this lineup. If i had achoice between frank and brent fitz from SMKC as a possibility in gnr, id choose fitzy in a heartbeat. Why?

brent has swing, energy, and good "feel" of a song and the chops. You have these qualities or you dont.  I like watching him.Fitzy, adler, and freese are almost the same type of drummers. They have these qualities.

Frank has a tendancy for overuse of doing fills and hitting the crash cymbals in parts of songs that arnt needed. Estranged a good example.

Adler and sorum were good for the albums gnr did. Adler suited AFD to a t.

Sorums professional type of playing suited the illusions. 

We will see what frank brings to the next record.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

All New Show should be if they change the order and add new songs

something like
1 The General (full)
2 Nightrain
3 Brownstone
4 Jungle
5 Perfect Crime / Right Next Door / Pretty Tied Up
6 Better
7 Live And Let Die
8 Slither
9 Hardschool
10 YCBM
11 Shadow
12 New Duff Song
13 So Fine
14 D Tune / Quick Song
15 Bad Obsession / Dead Horse / Yesterdays
16 Locomotive
17 Atlas / Perhaps
18 SCOM
19 (Its All Right / As It Began) + Nov Rain
20 Street Of Dreams
21 KOHD
22 New Song

22 Chinese / Easy
23 Maddy
24 Rosie
25 New Song
26 City

Just now, RussTCB said:

Yeah.... I'm worried about that too. The only "defense" anyone could possibly have for the band if nothing happens is "....but 'all new show' didn't apply to this show!" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

I can accept frank for this lineup. If i had achoice between frank and brent fitz from SMKC as a possibility in gnr, id choose fitzy in a heartbeat. Why?

brent has swing, energy, and good "feel" of a song and the chops. You have these qualities or you dont.  I like watching him.Fitzy, adler, and freese are almost the same type of drummers. They have these qualities.

Frank has a tendancy for overuse of doing fills and hitting the crash cymbals in parts of songs that arnt needed. Estranged a good example.

Adler and sorum were good for the albums gnr did. Adler suited AFD to a t.

Sorums professional type of playing suited the illusions. 

We will see what frank brings to the next record.

I love Brent and Todd. For total biased reasons, Brent being from Winnipeg where I'm from, and Todd being a neighbour in the next province over. But Brent has such good feel to his drumming. Like, it's nothing groundbreaking by any means, but his resume is damn impressive and he does exactly what he needs to do in every band he's played with. Plus he's never totally turned his back on Winnipeg like anyone else remotely famous seems to do. He's still here visiting family multiple times a year and does a shit ton of charity work around the city. Him and Todd's band Toque comes here all the time and it's always a sellout or damn close. Can't say enough good things about those guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pharaoh said:

All New Show should be if they change the order and add new songs

something like
1 The General (full)
2 Nightrain
3 Brownstone
4 Jungle
5 Perfect Crime / Right Next Door / Pretty Tied Up
6 Better
7 Live And Let Die
8 Slither
9 Hardschool
10 YCBM
11 Shadow
12 New Duff Song
13 So Fine
14 D Tune / Quick Song
15 Bad Obsession / Dead Horse / Yesterdays
16 Locomotive
17 Atlas / Perhaps
18 SCOM
19 (Its All Right / As It Began) + Nov Rain
20 Street Of Dreams
21 KOHD
22 New Song

22 Chinese / Easy
23 Maddy
24 Rosie
25 New Song
26 City

You forgot at least 4 cover songs that no one is interested in hearing. 

• Haha 1