The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, lilacmess said:

Waiting for a new album doesn't make much sense imho. 

I gave up waiting on Chinese Democracy and tada one day I realized it actually had been released. :lol:

'Sense' and being a big GNR fan are two very, very different cousins. No one that posts here has got any sense really! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

New album will be postponed because of the coronavirus. You heard it here first!

Slash will address this in the upcoming interview "World is not in a good situation to release new music right now!"

This would be a great excuse :D

I think it’s beyond obvious by now. If you can pay their fee and put on a show, you can book them. 

The focus is maximizing the amount of $ they can make while reunited. All scheduling revolves around this. They make their $ off touring. An album wouldnt make them anything compared to even 1 show of merch sales. 

Until promoters aren’t paying their fees, they don’t need to release anything to drum up interest. 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I can accept frank for this lineup. If i had achoice between frank and brent fitz from SMKC as a possibility in gnr, id choose fitzy in a heartbeat. Why?

brent has swing, energy, and good "feel" of a song and the chops. You have these qualities or you dont.  I like watching him.Fitzy, adler, and freese are almost the same type of drummers. They have these qualities.

Frank has a tendancy for overuse of doing fills and hitting the crash cymbals in parts of songs that arnt needed. Estranged a good example.

Adler and sorum were good for the albums gnr did. Adler suited AFD to a t.

Sorums professional type of playing suited the illusions. 

We will see what frank brings to the next record.

Fitzy is probably the best rock drummer out there right now, and a great guy too.

5 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

I love Brent and Todd. For total biased reasons, Brent being from Winnipeg where I'm from, and Todd being a neighbour in the next province over. But Brent has such good feel to his drumming. Like, it's nothing groundbreaking by any means, but his resume is damn impressive and he does exactly what he needs to do in every band he's played with. Plus he's never totally turned his back on Winnipeg like anyone else remotely famous seems to do. He's still here visiting family multiple times a year and does a shit ton of charity work around the city. Him and Todd's band Toque comes here all the time and it's always a sellout or damn close. Can't say enough good things about those guys. 

I saw Toque play at a NAMM party a couple weeks ago; they always put on a great show. I always enjoy meeting up with those two and catching up.

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

I think it’s beyond obvious by now. If you can pay their fee and put on a show, you can book them. 

The focus is maximizing the amount of $ they can make while reunited. All scheduling revolves around this. They make their $ off touring. An album wouldnt make them anything compared to even 1 show of merch sales. 

Until promoters aren’t paying their fees, they don’t need to release anything to drum up interest. 

100% agree. No need to stop playing shows if promoter are still wanting to book them and if people are buying tickets.

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If U.S. dates are announced before word of new music, then I'm pretty confident we can kiss a 2020 album goodbye. 

That is a good point.  If they were going to use a tour to promote their new album or I guess in modern times vice versa - one would think smart business would be hyping up a new album before any tour dates

If I was a betting man, I would put my chips "all-in" on no new album this year, just more same ol' touring and money making

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

If I was a betting man, I would put my chips "all-in" on no new album this year, just more same ol' touring and money making

I think that'd be a safe bet on pretty much any given year.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not sure a new album is happening unless it’s announced at this 1 off Miami show. Then there’d be plenty of time to use the album to plug the tour. But it wouldn’t make sense to release an album later this year during or after the shows. 

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would be stoked.  They haven't come my way since Oct 17... Bring it.

If I had money to literally burn, I'd be excited on a base level just to see them.  But for those fans who've seen this already, many more than once, unless they shake this tour up with some setlist retooling, and namely, new music, then my 800 bucks is better spent on something else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

If I had money to literally burn, I'd be excited on a base level just to see them.  But for those fans who've seen this already, many more than once, unless they shake this tour up with some setlist retooling, and namely, new music, then my 800 bucks is better spent on something else.

at this point the only move to show this is still a forward looking band heh is to release a new album but Gn'R fans getting overexcited and threatening to not spend anymore money on the band or not follow it cause Axl still didn't release anything again is nothing new

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would be stoked.  They haven't come my way since Oct 17... Bring it.

I would definitely go if it's at MetLife Stadium.  Tickets would be cheaper than Pearl Jam. Starting ticket price for Pearl Jam at MSG in March is $400 per ticket in the upper level and that's not including fees on Stubhub. I paid $180 for the show at MetLife and $140 at MSG with fees  for the NITL shows. 

Edited by Draguns
added text

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

I would definitely go if it's at MetLife Stadium.  Tickets would be cheaper than Pearl Jam. Starting ticket price for Pearl Jam at MSG in March is $400 per ticket in the upper level and that's not including fees on Stubhub. I paid $180 for the show at MetLife and $140 at MSG with fees  for the NITL shows. 

StubHub is a resale market bro, of course tickets are going to be way above face value lol

• Like 2