The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I still care. In the sense that when good things happen I am happy. Like I still am completely awed about the 2019 leaks and keep listening to the songs over and over. I am still a fan of the music. I just don't expect anything good to happen and hence I can't be disappointed.

11 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I still really care, and I still have a lot of hope (for some stupid reason). We’ll see what happens tonight. 

Well obviously I too still care, but I don't expect anything. At times I get a little bored, then I get hooked on something. Recently I caught a few live videos from 2019 and loved them! 

I care about the leaks I've heard. Great songs!

48 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Probably not. I think most of us expect as much these days from these guys....

Yeah, it's more of a knowing shake of the head on my end.  Think a friend who for the life of them just can't kick a drug or alcohol problem.  At one point you may have been on their case, but at some point you have to let go.  That's how I've come to think of GNR when it comes to new music. 

Edited by sofine11

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

See you all in 2021 with the same discussions!

Still curious to see if they shake up tonight’s show in any form. We probably won’t even get that lol.

Yeh we’ll get its so easy then Chinese for a change as opener 🤣

This thread has 69 pages and I can't be bothered to read them, but I swear if this band ever releases a new album with new songs on it that we've never heard nor heard OF before, I'll eat my cats.

Or, like, obviously I would never actually eat my cats because they're my precious little babies, but I think Guns doing that is about as improbable as me eating my cats. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We’ve been having similar discussions for 10 fuckin years. Oh maybe this will be the year? The new tour must mean new music is coming!! Richard said this, DJ said that!!

Fucks sake, they should change the name to Cock Tease and Roses 🤣

I don't know what the problem is to get some hopes up. It's okay if they let us down yet again, no big deal, it's just a band. 

But there's no need to downplay other people's expectations. You all have it too, no matter how much you say you don't care anymore. This thread (and several others) wouldn't be this long if we really didnt care at all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't know what the problem is to get some hopes up. It's okay if they let us down yet again, no big deal, it's just a band. 

But there's no need to downplay other people's expectations. You all have it too, no matter how much you say you don't care anymore. This thread (and several others) wouldn't be this long if we really didnt care at all.

There’s a difference between “caring” and “getting hopes up”.

Advising other people not to get their hopes up is fine to do, honestly. Especially if you know better and have been down the same road a million times.

1 minute ago, Tyler Drama said:

There’s a difference between “caring” and “getting hopes up”.

Advising other people not to get their hopes up is fine to do, honestly. Especially if you know better and have been down the same road a million times.

Wasn't talk about this, but I assume everyone here knows how this road is. Even those who were not around back in the dark times in the 90s and early 2000s. 

I am hoping for something to happen. Can't help it. Everyone said CD would never be released, it happened one day. Same with the semi-reunion. Something happens sometimes, even if it takes forever. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:44 PM, Blackstar said:

That quote was from 2014 (Revolver mag), not from 2010 or 2012.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2494-2014-05-xx-interview-with-axl-in-revolver-magazine

That was the first time Axl actually talked about wanting to release a new album (CD II specifically) after 2008, and he was referring to the period after the Vegas residencies ended ("But after Vegas, we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard."). In the same interview he was asked about the possibility of continuing working with Duff, and he said it was open. I'd guess that at that point Axl had already the reunion in his mind.

The next time - and last, to this day - he talked about wanting to release new music was in China Exchange, where he added that, like, before, "soon is not the word."

Can you remember when he said something like "we hope to make music for many years to come?" (I always hate it when he says "we" instead of "I" cuz he sure weren't talking about Ashba and BBF. 

Honestly it’s the next few weeks. Summer tours are starting to get announced. Unless they  announce that they are tying a release alongside with those rumored US Stadium dates, then nothing is coming. It makes little sense to announce anything afterwards

Honestly, I would stop giving deadlines.  Today shows that zero fucks are given about delivering on literally anything within a reasonable amount of time.

They'll likely release music in, say, 2023 during a period of complete inactivity when no one gives a fuck anymore.  Just like they did in 2008 with Chinese Democracy.

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Can you remember when he said something like "we hope to make music for many years to come?" (I always hate it when he says "we" instead of "I" cuz he sure weren't talking about Ashba and BBF. 

Yeah Bumble confirmed that serious talks for the reunion with Slash started right after he told Axl he was quitting, which was during the South America leg at the beginning of 2014 (before Golden Gods and Vegas). That’s why on the Golden Gods red carpet both Duff and Alice Cooper said a reunion could happen (and they both smirked like they knew something). And during his thank you speech that night, Axl thanked “all of our lineups.” He did the Revolver interview that same night. The reunion was already locked in by then. His talk of “we’ll look into maybe putting out the remix album and the second half of Chinese after Vegas” or whatever he said there was semi-bullshit. He probably saw a possibility in Slash being part of CD2 at that point, but here we are 6 years later, and that remains to be a reality.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah Bumble confirmed that serious talks for the reunion with Slash started right after he told Axl he was quitting, which was during the South America leg at the beginning of 2014 (before Golden Gods and Vegas). That’s why on the Golden Gods red carpet both Duff and Alice Cooper said a reunion could happen (and they both smirked like they knew something). And during his thank you speech that night, Axl thanked “all of our lineups.” He did the Revolver interview that same night. The reunion was already locked in by then. His talk of “we’ll look into maybe putting out the remix album and the second half of Chinese after Vegas” or whatever he said there was semi-bullshit. He probably saw a possibility in Slash being part of CD2 at that point, but here we are 6 years later, and that remains to be a reality.

Good stuff. Can you remember who was going around at Vegas saying to people "this will be the last time you see this lineup?" Could have been someone like Jarmo or Saint Laurent. 

9 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Good stuff. Can you remember who was going around at Vegas saying to people "this will be the last time you see this lineup?" Could have been someone like Jarmo or Saint Laurent. 

When I met her (it all came straight from Del James), who told her: "This will probably be the last time you'll see this version of Guns N 'Roses for a while." The next thing she mentioned was that: "The people have spoken." I asked what Del was referring to, she said: "Axl and Slash." I do not know if this alleged conversation took place by phone, email or in person, but I asked her to go straight to the point. According to what she said, Axl reached a level in his life where he would try to leave the máguas aside and make peace with certain people in his life, apparently Slash is one of them.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/209126-rumor-some-members-may-be-out-of-the-band/?page=9