The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Good stuff. Can you remember who was going around at Vegas saying to people "this will be the last time you see this lineup?" Could have been someone like Jarmo or Saint Laurent. 

I think Bumble told some people there that it was his last show. Also I recall someone saying they heard Frank backstage saying “I may need to look for new fulltime employment after this gig.” Guess he figured at the time that either Steven or Matt would fully replace him.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think Bumble told some people there that it was his last show. Also I recall someone saying they heard Frank backstage saying “I may need to look for new fulltime employment after this gig.” Guess he figured at the time that either Steven or Matt would fully replace him.

You are very exactly about it happened! I remember same that you.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes. Bumble told some argentinian fans that Team Brazil was pushing for a reunion with Slash. I read that story when it happened in a latinamerican GNR forum. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Courtesy of ShadowOfTheWave:

When I met her (it all came straight from Del James), who told her: "This will probably be the last time you'll see this version of Guns N 'Roses for a while." The next thing she mentioned was that: "The people have spoken." I asked what Del was referring to, she said: "Axl and Slash." I do not know if this alleged conversation took place by phone, email or in person, but I asked her to go straight to the point. According to what she said, Axl reached a level in his life where he would try to leave the máguas aside and make peace with certain people in his life, apparently Slash is one of them.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/209126-rumor-some-members-may-be-out-of-the-band/?page=9

On 26/01/2020 at 12:50 PM, ToonGuns said:

Played Trilliams myself a few times back in the day. Once saw Gazza in there, trying to avoid the papparazzi when he was supposed to be in rehab. 

Saw a number of great bands in Trillians.  Off to see Guns 2 Roses tonight at the Academy.  Michael Bruce from Alice Cooper played twice and enjoyed both although the sound fucked on one of the nights.

If there's one thing the lack of new music, last night's show, and the past couple years of tour legs have shown, it's that Guns N' Roses is a spent force at this point. Now that the initial excitement of Slash and Duff being back in the band has worn off, we're just left with a band going through the motions with a frontman on autopilot whose voice is totally shot.

The only releases we're getting out of this lineup anytime soon are probably gonna be Conspirators albums, Duff solo projects, and whatever Dizzy and Richard put out.

16 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

If there's one thing the lack of new music, last night's show, and the past couple years of tour legs have shown, it's that Guns N' Roses is a spent force at this point. Now that the initial excitement of Slash and Duff being back in the band has worn off, we're just left with a band going through the motions with a frontman on autopilot whose voice is totally shot.

The only releases we're getting out of this lineup anytime soon are probably gonna be Conspirators albums, Duff solo projects, and whatever Dizzy and Richard put out.

They’ll continue to do just that as long as the pay is the same. This band doesn’t need to release an album. The people who are attending don’t want to hear it 

If they release anything, it will be because they want to on a artistic level, or to try and fulfill their contract so that they can try other endeavors 

For me the only sad part these days is the way Axl is letting himself go. And that goes artistically and physically. For me it's just plain sad to watch him like that, as if he's got nothing left in his tank. 

• Like 1

This is sad as fuck. I've loved this band since 1993. Kept following the forums weekly, if not daily, since the early 2000's. Waited for Chinese, listened the leaks as they came by, bought the album. Liked some of it. Always hoped that Axl and Slash would reunite. Once they did, it was awesome. But now, the excitement is wearing thin. No new music. Nothing. When I saw the Snoop + Gnr photo it hit me the first time. These guys are getting old as fuck. Just call it a day if you're not planning to release any new material. Or at least come clean and stop fucking teasing us about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LandOla said:

[...] When I saw the Snoop + Gnr photo it hit me the first time. These guys are getting old as fuck. Just call it a day if you're not planning to release any new material. Or at least come clean and stop fucking teasing us about it.

I honestly believe they (Axl) are planning to release new material and always have. But that doesn't count for much in this case.

Something will probably released someday. Soon is obviously not the word.

As for needing a new album to continue touring? I don't think that's the case. 

4 hours ago, Pinball Wizard said:

First off, let me start by saying I want a new guns n roses record. It is my all time favorite band, I started learning English with their songs, I wanted to have bands because of gnr and their songs even got me out of a few depression phases - one in particular where I tried to take my life away 3 times and catcher in the rye made me think things over.

So yeah,

Hell of a post, and a feel ya. However, here’s the thing: we’re too close to the band. While what you’re saying is true, GNR can go on and play new tunes and release new albums regardless. If there are a fewer casuals in the audience – so what? Maybe there will be more new, young fans on the other hand. We need a different perspective. Remember – they started the brand-new, Use Your Illusion tour in Rio and right from the beginning – as well as throughout the whole tour – they played many previously unheard songs. Hell, they even opened with a new song in Rio, as huge of a gig as it was!

Other bands from the same era have been releasing new records, and so can GNR. The thing is, they’ve been riding the reunion wave, and according to Slash, only started really working on something at the end of 2019. We certainly couldn’t expect a whole new record to have been made and finished within a month and a half. But I surely would expect them to play at least one new song. If it doesn’t happen in March, it won’t happen in Europe either.

There's still hope. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Pinball Wizard said:

First off, let me start by saying I want a new guns n roses record. It is my all time favorite band, I started learning English with their songs, I wanted to have bands because of gnr and their songs even got me out of a few depression phases - one in particular where I tried to take my life away 3 times and catcher in the rye made me think things over.

So yeah, Guns N' Roses is a big fucking deal in my book. No wonder I have 6 gnr related tattoos on my right arm.

But as much as I love this band, I have to say it: they just "don't need" to release new music as far as they approach their business as they have been doing lately. 

I was talking to my best friend today (we've met at my old gnr message board and now I'm his little boy's godfather - another gift gnr has given me, by the way) and we were discussing this last show. They played cards with which they couldn't miss the game, yet managed to miss it every chance possible for some. But at the end of the day, 99% of the people there at the gig left with a good image of the concert, even with weak performances like sweet child, you could be mine, rocket queen and all those songs WE - THE CRAZY BASTARDS WHO WATCH THE BAND'S EVERY MOVE - are more than tired of cringing over the last few years.

But when I was watching one of the streams last night and heard a few people booing the band when they got into Chinese democracy (which had a good performance, tbh) and then heard the same people going nuts after the train wreck that you could be mine has become, it made me realize: if I were at their shoes, would I bother? Imagine you're in your late 50's, making a shit load of cash for playing 30-year-old songs with very little effort KNOWING people are gonna like it regardless. Would you risk losing this reception/acception/sure money by changing that safe bet for something new that people are, probably, not going to be as interested in simply because it doesn't ring on them a blast from the past Golden years they lived with those tunes as their soundtracks?

Gnr is a fucking phenomenon. You can't name a lot of bands with a catalog as small as gnr with such great songs that had impacted so many people during their prime. 

Yeah, Axl, Slash and Duff are back together. But imagine a new album written and recorded by them 33 years after appetite. They can't write about living dangerously in the streets of la because they are all old rich guys who get everything they want given to them on a silver platter. They can't write about more serious things they lived because "it doesn't sound like the most dangerous band in the world". People are lazy and laziness it THE way the public will receive a new album made by them, comparing the now with the then. And, guys, the "then" is unbeatable, because... people are lazy even for that. "I see you standing there, you think you're so cool, why don't you just fuck off?" Is a very powerful line to make people feel reckless inside their 3 piece suit, with a family to take care of and baby sitters to pay so you can go to a rock show and feel young for a couple of hours.

Seriously, imagine gnr going serious and writing songs that reflect their actual experiences over the last few years. For the big public, would those songs be as good as the easy-fuckoff-attitute-rocknroll-fuckyeah they feel when they play the old stuff?

And then, gnr throws some bones for the die-hard fans. We had coma, dead horse, locomotive, shadow of your love as some "deep cuts" to make us happy. But you can feel the general public's reaction to them. I remember being at an Aerosmith concert and me and 3 of my friends were the only ones going NUTS when they played Kings and Queens, chip away at the stone and rats in the cellar. But when they played I don't wanna miss a thing, damn, the stadium went down.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to take it out of my chest. Bands like gnr don't need to put an effort to release new music and risk losing 40k attendence per show during a tour if they have to replace the classics for new tunes the majority of the people won't care about. At least as much. Would they be ok to tour with the big three in 10k/15k arenas backing these songs that reflect more where they are today as artists and losing a lot of money in the process? Seriously, I don't think so. And I probably wouldn't too if I were on their shoes. Because the general feeling is "we don't need to prove ourselves anymore". If someone wants to risk something, go and release a solo record, play small clubs to have that rush and then come back to your day job at gnr to make more money to endorse your next project.

It saddens me to write this. I hope gnr proves me wrong. You can talk the shit you want about the old-new line up of 2009/2010, but then they really wanted to prove something, there was something in the air, they were all giving their everything on the concerts (just watch Osaka 2009 and the brilliance that is if the world). I don't feel/see this fire anymore. It's like, "why bother?"

It really turns me off. I'm gonna still follow the band as much as I can, I'm just not sacrificing anything in my life for it as long as things are this way. In a couple months they are playing Lollapalooza in sao Paulo, a 40-minute plane ride from Rio de Janeiro. But I see what they've been doing lately and I just don't want to give this destiny to my money, which only I know how hard I worked to earn it. Let gnr gets their easy cash by knocking someone's jollies for a change. 

If one day they decide to prove something again, I'm sure as hell I'll be there to support them, even if doesn't sound as good, but I'll respect it artistically. One of the main points that got me into gnr to begin with.

I think new music will be a reality. Most likely matter of when not if. I think the band or maybe slash has mention their discography is small and it does nag at them.  I personally think if they arnt into releasing a new album a new song as part of a new tour woud be good. Release it digitally as a single, and would give the band some excitement putting the setlist together rather than relying on their old stuff. But the band are old school and want to do album tours.i remenber slash saying in an interview he wants guns to go back to doing album, tour, album tour cycle. We just have to be patient 🤷‍♂️.

I just realized that we've been waiting for new GNR music way longer now than when we waited for Chinese Democracy. Oh my God was released in 1999, so the wait between that and CD was only 9 years. We've had no new GNR music in 12 years now. No, SOYL or Rock the Rock are not new GNR material. On top of that they played plenty of CD material live back then, so we could listen to those. We truly were spoiled back then compared to this crap.

This band has been creatively dead 12 years. To me the leaks are the only good thing that's happened with GNR since 2008. I never even cared about a reunion.

• Like 2