The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Even with the super steep and continued discounts....damn...that's just sad. 

Another example of how tone deaf GNR and its managers are with respect to what the fans really want. 

Ozzy just released a great vinyl box set with all his albums (minus Speak of the Devil). £500...no crap clutter in it to bulk it out and has a hand signed signature.....I am delighted wi mines, maybe worth a hundred less but I was happy to pay for it as it had exactly what I wanted from an expensive box set...music and a signature.

Every time I look at the GnR box set I wonder what the point in all that clutter is....even the CDs are a load of clutter imo. As for the rings etc, well I can't see many 12 year olds buying that set and who else is gonna want that shit.

Now if they realesed a vinyl set with all the L N' L content plus albums after that  and other rarities and no stupid rings and picks then I think that would sell much better.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, gundog321 said:

Ozzy just released a great vinyl box set with all his albums (minus Speak of the Devil). £500...no crap clutter in it to bulk it out and has a hand signed signature.....I am delighted wi mines, maybe worth a hundred less but I was happy to pay for it as it had exactly what I wanted from an expensive box set...music and a signature.

Every time I look at the GnR box set I wonder what the point in all that clutter is....even the CDs are a load of clutter imo. As for the rings etc, well I can't see many 12 year olds buying that set and who else is gonna want that shit.

Now if they realesed a vinyl set with all the L N' L content plus albums after that  and other rarities and no stupid rings and picks then I think that would sell much better.

I own that Ozzy set and I totally agree. My only gripe was that I thought the LPs should have been in poly lined sleeves for the price of the set, but that's more of a collector / vinyl geek complaint than anything. 

Other than that, the Ozzy set is about 100x better value than the GN'R set, even with the GN'R set being sub $500 now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's amazing really - they just can't get any product right since Spaghetti. 

I agree with that, 1994 should've been the release of the Perfect Crime Documentary & a Use Your Illusion live album similar to the 1992 AC/DC live album. 2000 or at most 2006 should've been the release of CD, 2010 CD II with bonus remix tracks. 2016 reunion obviously, 2017 AFD Boxset w/ live album from that era, 2018 new album. So many damn opportunities...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Thankfully, the dismal ticket sales for the NA Tour are showing the the "regular fans" GN'R care about aren't interested in this tour either. 

Have the sales been bad? Crikey - no surprise really. Maybe if they had a product to sell then....people may want to hear that product live as opposed to the same setlist they heard last time.....they really do need to get something out ahead of the tour of the sales are as bad as you say.

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Have the sales been bad? Crikey - no surprise really. Maybe if they had a product to sell then....people may want to hear that product live as opposed to the same setlist they heard last time.....they really do need to get something out ahead of the tour of the sales are as bad as you say.

It would be great if the poor ticket sales forced them to make an announcement sooner than they had (maybe) planned.

May 20th or bust!

1 hour ago, djones1225 said:

I agree with that, 1994 should've been the release of the Perfect Crime Documentary & a Use Your Illusion live album similar to the 1992 AC/DC live album. 2000 or at most 2006 should've been the release of CD, 2010 CD II with bonus remix tracks. 2016 reunion obviously, 2017 AFD Boxset w/ live album from that era, 2018 new album. So many damn opportunities...

Even the stuff they DID put out was never right...The Illusion live DVDs...why Tokyo? Why did they split it so you had to pay double? Appetite for Democracy, what a shit fest...Locked and Loaded, no, thanks. All the shitty merch...We just never get anything good! :D

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Even the stuff they DID put out was never right...The Illusion live DVDs...why Tokyo? Why did they split it so you had to pay double? Appetite for Democracy, what a shit fest...Locked and Loaded, no, thanks. All the shitty merch...We just never get anything good! :D

Tokyo was chosen because at the time, the Japanese had to best quality cams

36 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Even Team Brazil couldn't screw up... 

Well there's your first mistake :lol:

At this point, I truly don't believe an album is coming before the tour. The only way I could see it happening is if it was a surprise release. In order for it to be successful, there would need to be a media blitz during the week after too. 

• Haha 3

On 14/02/2020 at 3:55 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I remember Van Halen's reunion album was announced around new years 2012 and released in the middle of February, so if an album is meant to coincide with the tour (LOL, I know) we could not hear about it until the beginning of April.

Yikes and look how that went for Van Halen. DLR breaking his own nose in their first live song wasn't a good omen. GNR can do better than that... Come on Axl don't break your own nose