The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

17 minutes ago, Argento said:

I don't know if this has been said before in this thread (used the search button!), but there's a rumor on the Brazilian news that the new album it's called "Anubis", can't find the article where i read it! There's also the supposed album cover...

EDIT: there ya go: https://diversao.r7.com/pop/suposta-capa-de-novo-disco-do-guns-n-roses-celebra-deus-dos-mortos-na-mitologia-egipcia-13062017

They're saying that the photo was posted to GN'R's official page? Is there any validity to this? I think that if that were the case it would have been posted on here before some random South American website got ahold of the news?

EDIT: Looks like @Amir beat me to the answer of that one ;)

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

On 2/28/2020 at 8:03 AM, RussTCB said:

I truly have not one clue what you're even trying to say.

To Explain Myself - thnx for not banning me for a week@RussTcb for not liking anything to do with CD or KFC Head or Anything to do with CD 

Back in the day this is what what we always read between Afd and Illusion Albums and then the Album after Illusions that was never finished 

Slash has written his parts - Axl Quote” Slash is playing some of the meanest riffs I have ever heard him play “ Writing after Ilusions “ 

Duff is killing it 

Sorum is another level 

“ Izzy has come down and written some great songs” 

Axl- Crickets”

Its the same old song and dance with Axl 

Everyone is prepared but him 

To explain -how Slash has been quoted “ He earmarked Riffs for Smkc and Earmarked Riffs for Gnr after the initializations of the final leg of NITL tour - Smkc made a record - Slash has 8 riffs and wrote 4 songs in the studio for Smkc 

Slash has been quoted to have seversl Riffs for Gnr 

WELCOME to AXL’ s World - Been in it for 33 years - it’s a always the same shit with him

Sorry for the confusion just referent the past 

Edited by TMAC20

7 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

They're saying that the photo was posted to GN'R's official page? Is there any validity to this? I think that if that were the case it would have been posted on here before some random South American website got ahold of the news?

EDIT: Looks like @Amir beat me to the answer of that one ;)

Yeap!! Sorry, my bad!! :(

15 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

One thing is certain, ticket sales are slowing down and the hardcore fans are getting sick of the same tour. 

They need to do something different or take a break for a couple of years.

Should have released new music in 18, and struck while the iron was hot. Anyone could have predicted what would happen with over saturating the market. Plus the band find themselves trying to sell stadium tickets when there are other US bands touring during the NA summer.

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

I still don’t understand why people think they would only start playing new material in the middle of the tour and not from the beginning. Because of some marketing slogan? What about the fans from Mexico and SA? 
It’s March or bust! 

This. And the Latin America part of the tour would be way more open to any kind of new material being played live, so there's that also.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

I still don’t understand why people think they would only start playing new material in the middle of the tour and not from the beginning. Because of some marketing slogan? What about the fans from Mexico and SA? 
It’s March or bust! 

Me neither. 

I'd say it's incredibly unlikely that the show that they do on April 11th will be totally different to the one they do on May 20th. If they're changing things up it's got to be BEFORE the tour starts. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Me neither. 

I'd say it's incredibly unlikely that the show that they do on April 11th will be totally different to the one they do on May 20th. If they're changing things up it's got to be BEFORE the tour starts. 

It ain't gonna happen.  It makes zero sense to revamp the setlist and release new music in between tour legs, long after tickets have gone onsale. And why gip the SA fans who would be rabid for new music? It's just wishful thinking from those who aren't ready to admit new music just isn't in the cards.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It ain't gonna happen.  It makes zero sense to revamp the setlist and release new music in between tour legs, long after tickets have gone onsale. And why gip the SA fans who would be rabid for new music? It's just wishful thinking from those who aren't ready to admit new music just isn't in the cards.

We don't believe you because you have zero evidence to say that it isn't.  They can say we are realising an album tomorrow at 12 midnight  and you still wouldn't belive it

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Totally right. There might be cosmetic changes of course - things like lighting, stage setup etc, which may differ due to logistics of course though (i.e. the cost and ability to ship certain things to South America might impact on things) which may justify (in some people's minds) the 'all new show' claim but I can't see any reason to NOT take the long break to revamp the setlist......then do it in the short break between tour legs! 

Basically, I think what you get on March 14th is what you're getting for the year. The goalposts can't just keep moving with the '...yeah but what about the NEXT leg' speculation any longer. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

We don't believe you because you have zero evidence to say that it isn't.  They can say we are realising an album tomorrow at 12 midnight  and you still wouldn't belive it

By "we" I assume you mean you and the voices in your head?  Because most people here "believe" me.  Read a bit, bud. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Totally right. There might be cosmetic changes of course - things like lighting, stage setup etc, which may differ due to logistics of course though (i.e. the cost and ability to ship certain things to South America might impact on things) which may justify (in some people's minds) the 'all new show' claim but I can't see any reason to NOT take the long break to revamp the setlist......then do it in the short break between tour legs! 

Basically, I think what you get on March 14th is what you're getting for the year. The goalposts can't just keep moving with the '...yeah but what about the NEXT leg' speculation any longer. 

Yep.  Surprise release within the next 2 weeks or bust.  That's it.  Because God knows Axl cannot and will not divert his dealings beyond anything but the road once that train leaves the station.  He's literally incapable of it, as evidenced by his inability to deliver Chinese during the 2006 tour, and of course, whatever the hell happened in 2009-2014 that didn't get us the promised follow up album.  

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Any 'evidence' to show that it IS? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

By "we" I assume you mean you and the voices in your head?  Because most people here "believe" me.  Read a bit, bud. 

Nah there was a poll and 56 posters believe  people want to be spoonfed information about everything when literally there is something called an NDA

Slash was at Axl's house recording

Axl did record vocals for Rock the Rock 

Slash and Duff have both said Axl has played them stuff and they are writing

They had 6 months off where Slash wasn't doing SMCK and Duff wasn't doing his tenderness tour

We literally have evidence that stuff is being recorded. 

This tour is not a continuation of the Not In This Lifetime Tour

Fernando said something is coming this year

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Nah there was a poll and 56 posters believe  people want to be spoonfed information about everything when literally there is something called an NDA

Slash was at Axl's house recording

Axl did record vocals for Rock the Rock 

Slash and Duff have both said Axl has played them stuff and they are writing

They had 6 months off where Slash wasn't doing SMCK and Duff wasn't doing his tenderness tour

We literally have evidence that stuff is being recorded. 

None of that constitutes evidence at all. 

Evidence would be us hearing the music. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

There IS no evidence. There's speculation. 

By your logic there is also no evidence they HAVE NOT been working on it

8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Also according to that poll 83 users belive there is new music and 79 don't

6 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

By your logic there is also no evidence they HAVE NOT been working on it

Also according to that poll 83 users belive there is new music and 79 don't

So what will you feel if nothing happens and the tour is the same? 

Will it seriously let you down? 

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There IS no evidence. There's speculation. 

That's correct. There's no actual proof GN'R has been working on anything for a new studio album. 

As usual, the fans are left wondering, guessing and hoping that something is being recorded and will be released someday. 

• Like 1