The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I doubt the record company will give a "massive" amount of money up front this time.  They got burned last time after shelling out millions only to have zero promotion by the band themselves once it finally came out.  Axl disappeared and did nothing to help the situation.  Zero interviews, no music video, zero performances until the following year.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Yeah, something like that.

Part of it. He wants massive amounts of money up front and still refuse to do a sit down with him and Slash and answer questions.  Axl and Slash are in a weird place very business only relationship. Axl demands are basically living in a world where it’s 1992 and he still very negative to dealing with universal thinking that CD was setup to fail by music executives.

Was this Brasky again with the above comments?

10 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Is it even realistic to release whole album when there's only few months left (march rumors before tour)?

I mean, there's so little time left that would't there be some sort of leaked information already? Or announcement at least.

New albums can fall out the sky in this day and age with Spotify etc. It's been done successfully with multiple big artists over the years.

Whether Axl and co would go down this route on the other hand is another question.

31 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

New albums can fall out the sky in this day and age with Spotify etc. It's been done successfully with multiple big artists over the years.

Whether Axl and co would go down this route on the other hand is another question.

True i guess if beyonce can do it any artist can.

26 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

True i guess if beyonce can do it any artist can.

I'm not sure whether that Beyonce release came alongside multiple reports/rumours of her being in the studio though that fans latched onto. 

Really, the only rumour we have there MIGHT have been studio activity is that Slash guitar business. As far as I'm aware there's nothing more is there? 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not sure whether that Beyonce release came alongside multiple reports/rumours of her being in the studio though that fans latched onto. 

Really, the only rumour we have there MIGHT have been studio activity is that Slash guitar business. As far as I'm aware there's nothing more is there? 

To be honest, that's the thing I'm holding onto most. Never mind all the apparent 'insider' drivel that we get fed time and time again, at least that was concrete proof that out of touring, they were jamming/working on something.

Knowing my luck it was for a brand new 20 minute version of Wichita Lineman. "Still on the liiiiii..." outro for 16 minutes continuously. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Slash being at Axls studio is a big indication I guess

23 minutes ago, Dean said:

To be honest, that's the thing I'm holding onto most. Never mind all the apparent 'insider' drivel that we get fed time and time again, at least that was concrete proof that out of touring, they were jamming/working on something.

Knowing my luck it was for a brand new 20 minute version of Wichita Lineman. "Still on the liiiiii..." outro for 16 minutes continuously. 

Oh absolutely. All this 'insider' nonsense has proven to be wrong time and time again.....yet still gets bought into! T-Rex cover, Terminator, new EP, Live Album etc etc. Same old shit, year after year. 

That Slash thing is the only 'rumour' worth paying attention to. And as you say, could be nothing, could be something. 

Could a band such as GNR ever be recording in a studio and that information NOT leak? I'm cynical as to whether that's possible. Obviously efforts would be made to keep it low-key, but Axl only had to step foot in a room with AC/DC and that went around. Could they seriously keep recording covered up? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh absolutely. All this 'insider' nonsense has proven to be wrong time and time again.....yet still gets bought into! T-Rex cover, Terminator, new EP, Live Album etc etc. Same old shit, year after year. 

That Slash thing is the only 'rumour' worth paying attention to. And as you say, could be nothing, could be something. 

Could a band such as GNR ever be recording in a studio and that information NOT leak? I'm cynical as to whether that's possible. Obviously efforts would be made to keep it low-key, but Axl only had to step foot in a room with AC/DC and that went around. Could they seriously keep recording covered up? 

Axl has a studio built into his home, so it's possible that he's been working on things from there and I guess if that was the case, that would work best for the likes of Slash and Duff to avoid any press as they would be none the wiser of anything going down. Plus, I'd be interested in knowing that if, in an ideal world, a new album was going to be happening, how much of the backing tracks did Axl keep from the previous sessions recorded by the Chinese lineup. Is it possible that Brain's drums, Pitman's synth or Paul's guitar can make an appearance? It wouldn't come as a shock if any of that happens. I just hope that whatever is released acts as a great follow up to Chinese and beefs up the catalogue a considerable bit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

Axl has a studio built into his home, so it's possible that he's been working on things from there and I guess if that was the case, that would work best for the likes of Slash and Duff to avoid any press as they would be none the wiser of anything going down. Plus, I'd be interested in knowing that if, in an ideal world, a new album was going to be happening, how much of the backing tracks did Axl keep from the previous sessions recorded by the Chinese lineup. Is it possible that Brain's drums, Pitman's synth or Paul's guitar can make an appearance? It wouldn't come as a shock if any of that happens. I just hope that whatever is released acts as a great follow up to Chinese and beefs up the catalogue a considerable bit. 

Very true. If we're looking at some over-recording and alterations, it could easily be done in that studio with the members required going in and out as needed. 

I think if anything is coming it would be that. I can't see that there has been many opportunities for the band to be writing, rehearsing, and recording brand new material in a room together. I know there is always the argument that 'it's 2020, stuff can be done in hotel rooms, ideas sent over, people can work on stuff on their own' etc. but do we honestly think that's what has been going on?! 

Totally new material would take SIGNIFICANT focus and time - it does for all bands. It doesn't sound or look to me like either of those two components form part of a band that have been touring, pretty much non-stop, for the past 4/5 years. 

40 minutes ago, oldnews said:

do we have an album title this time around?

What do you think? 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2020 at 4:33 AM, sl4yer said:

Yeah, something like that.

Part of it. He wants massive amounts of money up front and still refuse to do a sit down with him and Slash and answer questions.  Axl and Slash are in a weird place very business only relationship. Axl demands are basically living in a world where it’s 1992 and he still very negative to dealing with universal thinking that CD was setup to fail by music executives.

Slash and Axl had the same relationship from 85-94 for the most part. That’s not new.  So I don’t buy that shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Slash and Axl had the same relationship from 85-94 for the most part. That’s not new.  So I don’t buy that shit. 

Agreed - not sure why folk would automatically assume they are best buds etc. And whilst it would be cool if that was the case (it may well be) it’s not an issue at all IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Very true. If we're looking at some over-recording and alterations, it could easily be done in that studio with the members required going in and out as needed. 

I think if anything is coming it would be that. I can't see that there has been many opportunities for the band to be writing, rehearsing, and recording brand new material in a room together. I know there is always the argument that 'it's 2020, stuff can be done in hotel rooms, ideas sent over, people can work on stuff on their own' etc. but do we honestly think that's what has been going on?! 

Totally new material would take SIGNIFICANT focus and time - it does for all bands. It doesn't sound or look to me like either of those two components form part of a band that have been touring, pretty much non-stop, for the past 4/5 years. 

What do you think? 

Legend Of The Red Panda ? :)

I doubt a new album .... but who knows? they can have recorded since 2016 on and off ... but someone would have leaked information about it ...

Maybe they re-record 5-6 axl (not released chinese songs) plus a couple slash/duff songs .... but what a legal mess it would be... who would have writing-credits for chinese songs ... i don't think axl wants the newera guys cash in ...

A new album wouldn't be hard at all seeing as Axl is sitting on a bunch of old tracks. It would be super easy given today's technology for Slash & Duff to throw their stuff on and call it done.

The problem remains that GNR just doesn't work like any other band. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

A new album wouldn't be hard at all seeing as Axl is sitting on a bunch of old tracks. It would be super easy given today's technology for Slash & Duff to throw their stuff on and call it done.

It seems like, in a vacuum, maybe Axl feels like he doesn't have anything else to prove? He got CD out, and toured a great deal for that album and with the material on the album 2002, 2006-08, 09-10, 11, 12, 13, 14. So many tours and outlets. He just did a massive tour with Slash and Duff, something people said would never happen. I feel like with UYI they didn't want to be just seen as AFD only. TSI is a fun album of their influences, he drags through CD with members leaving, execs not greenlighting it. IDK, seems like Axl could probably still have writing and vocal chops in him, i'm not sure it's laziness (laziness would have made the NITL tour a stay in Vegas only, kind of like in '14). At least in my opinion, unless he wants to show that he can make another kickass record. I think Axl probably hold CD in even higher regard than people here do, along with 3 (2) monumental albums. Maybe he feels cathartic with his career?

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I know Slash has done some stuff in the studio, but what about Duff?  Has he even been to LA recently?

28 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I know Slash has done some stuff in the studio, but what about Duff?  Has he even been to LA recently?

That doesn't matter at all anymore. Anyone with a decent PC can record their tracks remotely. 

• Like 1