The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Real Talk: They would have to be complete ASSHOLES to brand this tour "the next chapter" and continue with essentially the same setlist with no new music.  It would be a traveling joke.

Remember this band is managed by an asshole who had the audacity to refer to Shadow Of Your Love as a new song when fans inquired about new music.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

I get the scepticism here, but doing this SB show just for money not only would not make sense, but they could actually jeopardize their sales should they not play anything new/interesting at this gig – because there are people like me (and you can bet I’m a damn diehard) who haven’t bought any tickets yet, waiting it out. So if the setlist is a NITL, then it’s a no go for me in 2020 and I believe for a number of other fans too. Therefore, now that they’ve booked this gig, the only logical thing (ugh, here we go again) would be to flash off some new stuff...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

I remember from years ago that a group of fans held a protest outside Valve Headquarters asking for info/release of Half-Life 3. Although that game is still not a thing, the boss himself, Gabe Newell, came out and had a chat with them.

What would be the consequences of doing this outside Axl's house, I wonder:lol:

9 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

I remember from years ago that a group of fans held a protest outside Valve Headquarters asking for info/release of Half-Life 3. Although that game is still not a thing, the boss himself, Gabe Newell, came out and had a chat with them.

Your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend leaving you would be the very first, and instantaneous, consequence. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, ArthurMorgan said:

The comparison is actually quite fitting. H-L 3 is still just a myth, but there was this ex-designer who once cryptically leaked the rest of the story on twitter (google "Project Borealis"). Likewise, we’ve got fuck-all so far but some leaks, right?

Both seem to be vapourware.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

The comparison is actually quite fitting. H-L 3 is still just a myth, but there was this ex-designer who once cryptically leaked the rest of the story on twitter (google "Project Borealis"). Likewise, we’ve got fuck-all so far but some leaks, right?

We might not be getting HL3, but we're at least getting a totally new HL game this year after over a decade of waiting.

GNR can't even release anything that isn't leftovers from the glory days or a fucking Looney Tunes song.

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Yea, that's why I thought of it. It's quite similar. Might actually fit better with the years prior to ChiDem, maybe..

Lol at everybody saying it's be career suicide if they just kept touring with minor setlist tweaks. 

This band would be just fine if every member on this forum refused to see a show. There is a reason they keep touring, with the ticket prices at what they are.

That being said bring on a new album!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

Lol at everybody saying it's be career suicide if they just kept touring with minor setlist tweaks. 

This band would be just fine if every member on this forum refused to see a show. There is a reason they keep touring, with the ticket prices at what they are.

That being said bring on a new album!!

No one has said that, let alone everyone

Of course the band will be fine if no one from a forum ever goes to a show again. No one has ever said other wise. However, they will not be able to continue to do stadium tours so close together without new material. If they never release anything new, they're going to have to space these tours our farther in order to have large ticket sales. That, or they'll have too downgrade to areans again which they already had to do once in the US. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Login and see the new album thread is a hot topic. Get excited. 

Discussing the Miami show :lol:

39 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, I had the same experience. Stop fucking with us you lot!!!

I'm guilty of pushing the discussion in that direction, my bad!

I moved the Miami thread to D&N early so we everyone knows to take discussion about that show there:
http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/223109-013120-miami-fl-american-airlines-arena/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

There will be no single released because there is no album. No band is more top secret than Van Halen and even they couldn't stop reports leaking onto the forums throughout 2010 when it came to ADKOT. If GNR were recording an album and it was set to be released soon there would be a million leaks from people around the band, people in the industry, ect.

Well it isn’t really a secret that they’ve been working on it. Last year Eminem released a suprise album without anything leaking out that it was coming so its not impossible, unlikely but not impossible 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

No one has said that, let alone everyone

Of course the band will be fine if no one from a forum ever goes to a show again. No one has ever said other wise. However, they will not be able to continue to do stadium tours so close together without new material. If they never release anything new, they're going to have to space these tours our farther in order to have large ticket sales. That, or they'll have too downgrade to areans again which they already had to do once in the US. 

There is a post literally in this same page saying that about the SB show. Also I see it mentioned everywhere. Just saying the band will survive without some people not buying tickets. 

I do agree new music will help, but will it fill stadiums again and again? That remains to be seen

4 minutes ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

There is a post literally in this same page saying that about the SB show. Also I see it mentioned everywhere. Just saying the band will survive without some people not buying tickets. 

I do agree new music will help, but will it fill stadiums again and again? That remains to be seen

I didn't say carreer suicide, if my post is the one you mean. But the numbers could go down - I can't be the only one waiting to see whether to go or not. I saw NITL in 2017 already. Awesome, but...

10 minutes ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

Again....nah.... I went back two pages and couldn't find anyone saying GNR wouldn't survive without forum members buying tickets. Not sure what you mean by it being mentioned "everywhere" either. 

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I didn't say carreer suicide, if my post is the one you mean. But the numbers could go down - I can't be the only one waiting to see whether to go or not. I saw NITL in 2017 already. Awesome, but...

I guess I could see you're post being taken in that way, but again, you weren't saying anything along the lines of "GNR won't survive without forum members buying tickets".

On 1/8/2020 at 12:28 PM, TeeJay410 said:

Honestly I respect it.

Next this guy is going to literally write and record a whole album with those track titles as he described it in the review.

He could call up Stephen Chesney and Chad Atkins to help out with that.

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If new music doesn’t happen this year it’s probably never happening. This is the last chance in my opinion for the band to prove their interested in creating material and not strictly a nostalgia act. 2020 is the last chance. And everything is lining up too- the Super Bowl show, NITL is over, etc. 

At the same time it’s GNR so I don’t have any hopes whatsoever and will be prepared to be fully disappointed come the end of the month.

100% agree

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shepP said:

Superbowl commercial promoting a new album?

I get that making sense isn't always the way with Gnr, but what would make perfect sense in terms of the reason for actually having this random gig would be to play the gig, play some or at least one new song and release a single on the same day, then the next day announce the US stadium tour with a release date for a new album. And put an ad during the Super Bowl for the album/tour. 

So much stuff that's known to be happening doesn't make any sense without new music, a random one off gig they won't profit from, talk of a "new show" and "new era" and a stadium tour when they've been playing progressively smaller arenas for the past 3 years.