The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

16 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Bruce Kulick is doing an album with the Conspirators too. Seems like the Conspirstors are indeed where guitarists go when their respective bands don't release new music!

Just two Conspirators, but I'm interested in hearing that too. Bruce has known Fitzy for a long time though and they've recorded together before.

• Like 1

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

Just two Conspirators, but I'm interested in hearing that too. Bruce has known Fitzy for a long time though and they've recorded together before.

Not to go too off topic, but I'd add that their setlists/performances are the best thing to come out of the KISS family over the past decade so I'm all for this album.

• Like 1

I honestly believe they were finally ready to actually unleash a new song ("Hard School") on tour ahead of an album/single announcement. But there is seriously always an excuse with this band why something didn't happen. There is always something. I am not saying coronavirus worldwide pandemic isn't a legitimate excuse either. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I remember watching the video documentary from when they were making apocalyptic love and they had an episode where they showed guys auditioning for Frank's spot, and I didn't think any of them were really that good or fit in well with the other guys. Frank was definitely the perfect choice for them. In general SMKC is about the closest you can get to a perfect band in terms of lineup.

He's very cool and has a sick sound that you can't always appreciate in SMKC neccesarily. He's like a combination of Gilby and Fortus. Slash should have him play more rhythm on the records. 

Edited by Ant

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Except there is GNR stuff happening...

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

That's open to debate.....

What stuff? They're sitting at home until July. That's enough time for them to either get something going regarding new album (if they don't have it ready yet) or for Slash to at least start on the next SMKC record.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

He's very cool and has a sick sound that you can't always appreciate in SMKC neccesarily. He's like a combination of Gilby and Fortus. Slash should have him play more rhythm on the records. 

He played rhythm on Living the Dream. I like him way more than Fortus (mainly because he's not a wanking showboater).

• Like 1

This is the video I was referring to. I think another thing is that Slash prefers to have guys who have long hair.

Oh I just realized, that guy Christian now plays in Stone Sour and Black Star Riders, so I guess things worked out pretty well for him after all. Still glad they picked Frank though.

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

What stuff? They're sitting at home until July. That's enough time for them to either get something going regarding new album (if they don't have it ready yet) or for Slash to at least start on the next SMKC record.

Not many people give a fuck about SMKC. We know that Guns have been recording. We have got confirmation in numerous interviews with Slash and Duff. We have got confirmation that things are happening with Hardschool.

• Like 2

We’ll see on the start of the next tour if This 2020 date was going to actually kickstart Hard School single/album. If the next tour starts and it’s the same set, then I think we can shoo away the idea that Saturday’s show was intended start of something bigger.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Might as well if there's no GnR stuff happening. The next SMKC record is going to happen at some point anyway, sooner or later.

Im sure that will happen at some stage.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

We’ll see on the start of the next tour if This 2020 date was going to actually kickstart Hard School single/album. If the next tour starts and it’s the same set, then I think we can shoo away the idea that Saturday’s show was intended start of something bigger.

Now that they have more time in their hands, I actually think any release should drop before any tour date. 

Then again, I still don't think Hardschool was meant to be a single. IMO, it would work more like an announcement of a new album (when played live). Then they would eventually release something else.

On 3/7/2020 at 11:30 PM, rocknroll41 said:

More than 9 if you count the leaked songs that we didn’t even know existed beforehand like State Of Grace and Eye On You.

Right, but neither were mentioned by name in the source I had of CD2 contenders. It's possible they were renamed, or dropped. 

On 3/8/2020 at 3:35 AM, gavgnr said:

Said with much certainty. How is it you know this?

I saw a list of songs for CD2 that was intended for internal use only. 

On 3/8/2020 at 10:08 AM, DTJ80 said:

Was the track list for CD2 ever detailed in any of the leaked documents that were doing the rounds?

The tracks were listed, far more than one CD could hold so they were up for selection, as far as details of the contents of the songs themselves, not that I know of or saw. 

28 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The tracks were listed, far more than one CD could hold so they were up for selection, as far as details of the contents of the songs themselves, not that I know of or saw. 

Cool - do you have a copy of the list?

53 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

How is you got to see this?