The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Perhaps makes sense, since it already sounded almost done in 2000 (tho imo it sounds like a weaker Atlas). It’d surprise me if Nothing survives, tho. The version we heard didn’t sound like a “real song,” so to speak.

I agree. Perhaps, Atlas, and Hardschool all sounded done, or almost done. State of Grace would have been in the same realm if the vocals were more polished.

Nothin is definitely a weaker track, unless it gets a serious re-working with a Buckethead solo or two.

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah if the MSL list really is legit, then the band should throw away, if they haven’t already; Light My Fire (we’ve had enough covers already), Going Down (cause tommy sings it), Silkworms (obviously), and Tonto (which we know now is just a bullshit one-minute synth piece).

that would leave them with seven of the alleged MSL songs.

Perhaps makes sense, since it already sounded almost done in 2000 (tho imo it sounds like a weaker Atlas). It’d surprise me if Nothing survives, tho. The version we heard didn’t sound like a “real song,” so to speak.

Do we know Light My Fire was deffo a cover? I hadn’t heard that suggestion before. It must be said, a few of the choices leave a lot to be desired if that WAS the list.....

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Do we know Light My Fire was deffo a cover? I hadn’t heard that suggestion before. It must be said, a few of the choices leave a lot to be desired if that WAS the list.....

I mean, Axl may be kinda nuts, but I don’t think he’s nuts enough to name a song after an already very popular Doors song. Just my two cents.

Edited by rocknroll41

It's on the very bottom of the list, where it belongs, if anywhere. I assume it was recorded if it was listed.

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I agree. Perhaps, Atlas, and Hardschool all sounded done, or almost done. State of Grace would have been in the same realm if the vocals were more polished.

Nothin is definitely a weaker track, unless it gets a serious re-working with a Buckethead solo or two.

I don’t think anything can save Nothing - it sounds like elevator music.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sweersa said:

It's on the very bottom of the list, where it belongs, if anywhere. I assume it was recorded if it was listed.

Oh - I’d heard the title but hadn’t automatically assumed it was a Doors cover...do we know that to be definite?

Regardless - really hope that’s put on the b-side list and even then, it’s a ‘meh’ tune for me.

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Oh - I’d heard the title but hadn’t automatically assumed it was a Doors cover...do we know that to be definite?

Regardless - really hope that’s put on the b-side list and even then, it’s a ‘meh’ tune for me.

It’s a good song and GnR would probably sound really good doing it, but it just feels pointless for them to do more covers imo, even as b-sides and/or live cuts.

I just assumed it was a cover. It's not definitive until we hear it, I suppose. All I've seen was the title.

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Lol @ not being able to post a simple screen shot.

Nothing to see here folks. 

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Perhaps I should clarify my inability to share anything is not for lack of technical ability. 

Was going to say but it’s been clarified - thinks it’s more to do with not divulging certain information (source of stuff/potential for getting harassed by the idiots) as opposed to the actual uploading of any screenshots.

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I just assumed it was a cover. It's not definitive until we hear it, I suppose. All I've seen was the title.

Fair enough - I don’t like the original by the Doors so hope it’s a brand new tune!

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Was going to say but it’s been clarified - thinks it’s more to do with not divulging certain information (source of stuff/potential for getting harassed by the idiots) as opposed to the actual uploading of any screenshots.

No doubt. If I couldn't figure out how to post a screen shot, I'd have to seriously re-think my career path as I work in IT. Haha

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s a good song and GnR would probably sound really good doing it, but it just feels pointless for them to do more covers imo, even as b-sides and/or live cuts.

Never liked it - realise I may be in the minority...never liked the Doors at all actually!

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

No doubt. If I couldn't figure out how to post a screen shot, I'd have to seriously re-think my career path as I work in IT. Haha

😂

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Do you have proof that you work in IT???  I mean ANYONE can say they work in IT.... just sayin

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seriously? You're clogging up the thread with this tired old "I know something you don't know, but I can't show you proof" bit.

Just telling it like it is, brother.

At least some can appreciate, and understand.

• Haha 1