The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

12 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If you want to believe Brasky. Others were saying an album, and Slash himself confirmed they want to do an album and are working towards that end. 

What I’d read was EP March and album in September. I do believe it’s a matter of time before we get something (Slash recording at Axls and Fernandos comments back that up a bit). And to tour so quick without any new material doesn’t seem to be a great idea......

Edited by DTJ80

Just for the sake of comparison, The Strokes is also scheduled to play those festivals across the globe, including Lollapalooza in South America. Yesterday they played a new song live and announced (casually, before they start to play this new song) that they are working on a new album to release this year. 

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Just for the sake of comparison, The Strokes is also scheduled to play those festivals across the globe, including Lollapalooza in South America. Yesterday they played a new song live and announced (casually, before they start to play this new song) that they are working on a new album to release this year. 

What is that whole "new song and new album" thing?  As a GNR fan I have never heard of such a concept :lol:

Now if you told me, The Strokes announce new tour dates with minimal old deep cuts being brought back with branded towels on sale on their website - now that would be more the speed I am used to 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, djones1225 said:

Be nice if GNR was like AC/DC and only toured when they had a new album. We'd have like 6 or 7 more albums then what we do now.

... or no tours at all  :lol:

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/01/2020 at 11:43 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

If you want to believe Brasky. Others were saying an album, and Slash himself confirmed they want to do an album and are working towards that end. 

Im really on the fence  with these so called insiders.  Brasky must have multiple sources with the info hes getting. The case in point with axl working out and the mickey Rourke tweet about mickeys trainer kicking axls ass which was obviously incorrect .

Edited by Sydney Fan

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im really on the fence  with these so called insiders.  Brasky must have multiple sources with the info hes getting. The case in point with axl working out and the mickey Rourke tweet about mickeys trainer kicking axls ass which was obviously incorrect .

Here's my take on pretty much any "insider":

There's barely anyone who's directly connected to Axl outside of Del and TB. Axl's the guy who everything depends on, so other than one of them quitting again, it doesn't really matter what Duff, Slash or anyone else in the band has to say. 

So given that Axl is the one who calls the shots and he speaks to almost no one, that means that what the "insiders" hear is at best third or fourth hand. 

None of my opinion is a shot at Brasky. I'm sure he's just passing on what he's being told. The issue isn't him really, the issue is with the info he's being fed. 

We've had tons and tons of "insiders" over the years, dating back to the earliest days of the forums. The predictions always end the same way: "plans changed", "Axl changed his mind", "the label changed their mind", blah blah blah.

Its super easy to make claims about "inside info on GNR" because you always have those excuses to fall back on due to GN'Rs stunning lack of productivity. 

In the end, there's never going to be any sort of reliable information until if/when Universal releases some sort of press release about a forthcoming album. 

• Like 1

Its really as simple as they want to, or dont want to.  As i am typing this, l am listening to foo fighters EP that was released on nov.  They have a new album coming out in a few months along with many other artist.  Its very simple to do, if they really wanted to.  Forget court dates with petty leakers, etc and release music.  Those are all just excuses, leaks have NO effect on releases

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swampfox said:

Claims to be an insider.  I think he's full of shit.  Sounds convincing at times but only is proven right about 10% of the time.  If he truly is an insider I would think the info comes from someone at universal.

Which Forum he is ❓

On 2020-01-02 at 10:37 PM, ThePreacher said:

"March is falling through thanks to Axl ridiculous demands to universal for advertising and promotion. The music is all done which is the good news. Caram is once again the producer.

Left overs and new songs are completed.

Found this from another Forum. And yes, I suppose he claims to be another insider :)

Don't forget to call my lawyers
With ridiculous demands
An you can take the pity so far
But it's more than I can stand
'Cause this couchtrip's gettin' older
'Cause however fucking long it’s been since Use Your Illusions is forever,
And you haven't grown up yet. 🤣

I wonder if Axl’s ridiculous demands involve no interviews, no promotion & no comment from the band on the material. There is to be only one copy of the new album (once upon a time in Brazil) and Axl’s demand that pharmabro be the sole owner is pissing off the Record company. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I wonder if Axl’s ridiculous demands involve no interviews, no promotion & no comment from the band on the material. There is to be only one copy of the new album (once upon a time in Brazil) and Axl’s demand that pharmabro be the sole owner is pissing off the Record company. 

He said later that it means Axl wanted massive amounts of money but he didn’t even want to do an interview

6 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

As in an advance on the album? 

Yeah, something like that.

Part of it. He wants massive amounts of money up front and still refuse to do a sit down with him and Slash and answer questions.  Axl and Slash are in a weird place very business only relationship. Axl demands are basically living in a world where it’s 1992 and he still very negative to dealing with universal thinking that CD was setup to fail by music executives.

• Like 1