The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Only this band can prop up the faux importance of music-business semantics to delay the release of their first album together in 17 years (and the first under the band's name in 12 years).

Tons of other bands don't worry about all of this crap. They just release new music because they have a passion for it — and because they want to give their work to others for their enjoyment. Why does everything on the business/semantics/"what is the PERFECT way to handle this?" side have to me weighed more than what actually matters when it comes to GNR?

11 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Only this band can prop up the faux importance of music-business semantics to delay the release of their first album together in 17 years (and the first under the band's name in 12 years).

Tons of other bands don't worry about all of this crap. They just release new music because they have a passion for it — and because they want to give their work to others for their enjoyment. Why does everything on the business/semantics/"what is the PERFECT way to handle this?" side have to me weighed more than what actually matters when it comes to GNR?

17 years? Don’t you mean 27 years?

1 hour ago, MurielWeathers said:

I don't really understand what they mean about not knowing how to release new music. Axl put out Chinese Democracy in 2008. What am I missing?

I know that statement is often referred to here, but I think it’s just a misunderstanding on our part or maybe a rather poor choice of words on his. To me, what he was saying was that they’ve been pondering various possibilities today’s markets have, considering the whole online world etc., that’s all. He wasn’t saying they’re literally at a loss regarding how to release an album. Plus, they don’t wanna give anything away apparently, hence the constant beating around the bush. 
But given how pissed off we are in general, I’m not really surprised by people’s reactions here. Every statement is over-dissected, isn’t it. 

32 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Who was the user that said they'd seen a list of song titles for CD2?

I'm assuming this is the list. :rolleyes:

7kgpVle.png

So......a bunch of song titles that have been mentioned in very public places, along with names of songs from the original CD album? Lol

• Like 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

So......a bunch of song titles that have been mentioned in very public places, along with names of songs from the original CD album? Lol

The one that always makes me laugh is "Monstrosity". Anyone remember that fake picture of the "CD single", with a big fuckin Monster Energy logo on the cover? I think it was also "co-written" by Dj Ashba. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The one that always makes me laugh is "Monstrosity". Anyone remember that fake picture of the "CD single", with a big fuckin Monster Energy logo on the cover? I think it was also "co-written" by Dj Ashba. :lol:

Hahaha! 

What is it about this band that attracts SO MANY bullshit rumours and pretend insiders? I suppose the lack of activity and information means they absolutely gravitate towards GNR, like moths to a flame. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It’s crazy Pearl Jam figured out to release a new album despite covid-19, a canceled/postponed tour, AND the current landscape of the music industry. 

Well, it helps if you have an album to release! Suddenly the whole process becomes very easy.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Hahaha! 

What is it about this band that attracts SO MANY bullshit rumours and pretend insiders? I suppose the lack of activity and information means they absolutely gravitate towards GNR, like moths to a flame. 

I think it’s due to the fact that we hear nothing from the band, this creating a vacuum which quickly gets filled with bullshit and misinformation. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

I think it’s due to the fact that we hear nothing from the band, this creating a vacuum which quickly gets filled with bullshit and misinformation. 

We practice selective annihilation of sources and forum officials, for example, to create a vacuum. Then we fill that vacuum. As popular rumours advance, release is closer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

When was this confirmed, that it was fake? I've just encountered the pictures a couple of days ago. Looked like someone had put quite some time on it.

2 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

When was this confirmed, that it was fake? I've just encountered the pictures a couple of days ago. Looked like someone had put quite some time on it.

There's no end to the amount of time these "insiders" will put into trying to make themselves seem legit. 

8 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

If I remember correctly, it was around the time that "Legend Of The Red Panda" was a rumoured title, and MSL was flaunting a USB drive full of documents and remixes.

Someone probably did spend a bit of time on it... but it wouldn't be the first time someone has wasted their time and effort making fake GNR stuff :lol:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

they should release a surprise album, like Eminem, and fuck it. we just want new music. Damn it

A surprise album, like Eminem and many other artists have down. Or an album at all, like every other artists on Earth is able to do. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

It’s crazy Pearl Jam figured out to release a new album despite covid-19, a canceled/postponed tour, AND the current landscape of the music industry. 

It's amazing what a functional band can accomplish.

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I think Pearl Jam deserves a ton of kudos.  Not only is their new album really good, but they were one of the first major acts to postpone their tour and they caught a ton of shit for it the day of the announcement from a ton of COVID skeptics.  But I think they deserve props for taking the initiative to see the writing on the wall and act accordingly right then and there

My copy of the new Pearl Jam arrived on vinyl earlier today. I can wait to spin it tonight. I haven't listened to anything outside of the first single yet. 

• Like 1