The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

I guess Slash didn't know anything and was just talking out of his ass. Maybe trying to put a bit pressure on Axl, since their break-up wasn't that friendly.  

That reason is more likely. Part of me wonders if Axl and Slash are really "cool" with one another today. 

33 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That reason is more likely. Part of me wonders if Axl and Slash are really "cool" with one another today. 

They are co-workers. I doubt they are friends, but they can get along just fine enough.

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wonder how slash knew?. Who was axl working with in terms of recordings around this time?? i doubt it was anyone in slashs circle 🤔

I dont have a clue. It may be someone lying to Slash too, just to make him feel better for not being part of that lol

37 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I promise you, corona or not, there wouldn’t have been new music this year. 

This 100%. 

If coronavirus hadn't happened we'd be balls deep into another leg of the NITL tour getting excited because they played Pretty Tied Up. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

This 100%. 

If coronavirus hadn't happened we'd be balls deep into another leg of the NITL tour getting excited because they played Pretty Tied Up. 

maybe they would have played Hard School as well at least? who knows.

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

This 100%. 

I'm not so sure about that. They soundchecked Hardschool. That's why I think, they seemed to have a little bit of a plan this time around. 

4 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

I'm not being a pessimist here but this thread should have been closed 137 pages ago. There will be no new album.

we're going to talk about it anyway like @RussTCB already said. (I know I will) so why not talk about it in here instead of derailing other threads? and no one can tell the future. There's always a chance there will be a new album as long as Gn'R are still "active".

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

we're going to talk about it anyway like @RussTCB already said. (I know I will) so why not talk about it in here instead of derailing other threads? and no one can tell the future. There's always a chance there will be a new album as long as Gn'R are still "active".

Exactly. 

We have two options:

137 threads per week that start with "OK, I was thinking about and..." that end with a whole scenario that's never gong to happen. 

Or 

This one catch all thread

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

Those were fun times on this forum. The mystique was still alive and well. I remember each of those individual clips leaking. Then a year later (felt like forever) we had the first batch of proper leaks.

This mystique vibe died for me when DJ Ashba joined the band. The concerts were still great, but you could feel that the whole experience became different. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

In fairness didn't they soundcheck this last year before the first LA show?

Well, they had it on their Maybe-List, but generell thought on that was, that they toyed with the HC-Fanbase.

I'm not sure about the Soundcheck. There was a video, but it was fanmade. If there was something else, idk.

46 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

I'm not being a pessimist here but this thread should have been closed 137 pages ago. There will be no new album.

There will be a new album... but only Axl knows if soon is indeed the word.

9 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

I'm not sure about the Soundcheck. There was a video, but it was fanmade. If there was something else, idk.

There’s nothing to dispute about the sound check video - it’s absolutely conclusive proof. Not a shred of doubt.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

Do you mean the videos that only show a mixing board?

The Hardschool soundcheck clips weren't fan-made. There was also a clip where Slash was just jamming, and clearly played the Hardschool riff. What's there to be unsure about?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Do you mean the videos that only show a mixing board?

The Hardschool soundcheck clips weren't fan-made. There was also a clip where Slash was just jamming, and clearly played the Hardschool riff. What's there to be unsure about?

As I said, I must have missed it.

20 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

As I said, I must have missed it.

Yeah fair play, I managed to find it through twitter but was taken down pretty quickly! Never saw a link on here so definitely possible to have missed it.

1 hour ago, BrayWyatt said:

I'm so impress about people who know for sure the future !!! The same one who said that Axl and Slash will never play again togther 6 years ago !!! really love that

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Eddie Trunk doesn't think a new album will come

What exactly has he said? No new album doesn’t mean no new music at all (for example)?

As others have said - he isn’t exactly the most accurate!