The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I had a dream last night that GNR dropped a new album, the cover was literally just Pearl Jam's Gigaton.

The album had around 18 songs and was 1hr and 22m long, tracklist was something like:

1. Hardschool - performed on Jimmy Kimmel with the next song shortly before the album release

2. All or Nothing (feat. Big Sean) - wtf?

3. Atlas - titled just like that

4. Quick Song

4. Cuban Skies - 9 mins long

5. First Right - around 5 mins long

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. Devious Bastard

10. Tonto

11. ?

12. ?

13. Real Doll.com

14. ?

15. Chicken Cobbler

16. Time Attack

17. Soul Monster

18. ?

Sadly no Perhaps or The General. This quarantine is really messing with my head, somebody help me

Are u ok?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

A double album comprised of mostly CD-era material, with some polishing and a handful of entirely new songs would be amazing.

Call them Guns N' Roses and Guns N' Roses II

I just hope, I really hope they keep at least some of Bucket and Brain's parts. Bucket's work on the reworked OMG, and Soul Monster is amazing. I also liked some of the Bucket and Brain instrumentals from the Village leaks, but I doubt the latter will ever surface officially unless Axl completed them since then with vocals, etc. 

Reworked OMG? First ive heard of that one? Is it any good?

21 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

It’s a little weird. Intro is the same, but the rest of the song has some of those extra effects from RIR2001 as well as a new guitar track from Bucket doing like these deep, metal-sounding power chords and a new lead guitar part from Bumble towards the end that sounds really bad. Oh, also the bridge was put through an AM filter and all of the parts were removed except for Axl’s voice and a weird hip-hip loop of some kind.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Wow 1

12 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I just hope, I really hope they keep at least some of Bucket and Brain's parts.

Nah not gonna happen. Not with Slash back in the group. Which is a good thing.

There's not even any guarantee that there will be any redone CD stuff; it might be all new ideas. Who knows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's not even any guarantee that there will be any redone CD stuff; it might be all new ideas. Who knows.

Wishful thinking Slashite. Axl ain't throwing away the second part of his masterpiece for whatever bland cock rock riffs Slash put in his GNR folder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ApacheChief42 said:

I had a dream last night that GNR dropped a new album, the cover was literally just Pearl Jam's Gigaton.

The album had around 18 songs and was 1hr and 22m long, tracklist was something like:

1. Hardschool - performed on Jimmy Kimmel with the next song shortly before the album release

2. All or Nothing (feat. Big Sean) - wtf?

3. Atlas - titled just like that

4. Quick Song

4. Cuban Skies - 9 mins long

5. First Right - around 5 mins long

6. ?

7. ?

8. ?

9. Devious Bastard

10. Tonto

11. ?

12. ?

13. Real Doll.com

14. ?

15. Chicken Cobbler

16. Time Attack

17. Soul Monster

18. ?

Sadly no Perhaps or The General. This quarantine is really messing with my head, somebody help me

That's quite the dream there. Hopefully the question mark tracks aren't covers 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Wishful thinking Slashite. Axl ain't throwing away the second part of his masterpiece for whatever bland cock rock riffs Slash put in his GNR folder.

So you know for certain that there's CD tunes on it? Do you happen to have a release date too? :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

So you know for certain that there's CD tunes on it? Do you happen to have a release date too? :lol:

I know for certain that in 2016 Axl at the China exchange seemed pretty set on keeping said material, and seemed very ambivalent about Slash and Duff contributing to it. I know you're just dying for an Axl version of Mind Your Manners, but try to be realistic. I do expect Slash to replace and/or mutilate Robin and Bucket's parts, but I don't think Axl is going to be inspired to write new material to the garbage Slash comes up with these days.

19 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I do expect Slash to replace and/or mutilate Robin and Bucket's parts, but I don't think Axl is going to be inspired to write new material to the garbage Slash comes up with these days.

This is probably my main concern about reworking Chinese material. I'd love to hear them fully finished,.but based on almost everything we've heard the last few years, Slash consistently make CD songs worse as opposed to better(This I love being the main example). I hope it isn't the case, but I don't see this changing when it comes to potentially reworked material on the "new album".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I know for certain that in 2016 Axl at the China exchange seemed pretty set on keeping said material, and seemed very ambivalent about Slash and Duff contributing to it. I know you're just dying for an Axl version of Mind Your Manners, but try to be realistic. I do expect Slash to replace and/or mutilate Robin and Bucket's parts, but I don't think Axl is going to be inspired to write new material to the garbage Slash comes up with these days.

I never said that there wouldn't be any CD stuff, I said there's no guarantee and who knows. That means we don't know, not me, not you. And until they release something we still don't know. It's all speculation.

Cheers for not understanding what I said the first time around :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I never said that there wouldn't be any CD stuff, I said there's no guarantee and who knows. That means we don't know, not me, not you. And until they release something we still don't know. It's all speculation.

Cheers for not understanding what I said the first time around :facepalm:

We can speculate anything, but some are more realistic than others. I think the idea of there being no CD songs on the next album, which you raised as a possibility, is comically absurd.

1 hour ago, registra said:

This is probably my main concern about reworking Chinese material. I'd love to hear them fully finished,.but based on almost everything we've heard the last few years, Slash consistently make CD songs worse as opposed to better(This I love being the main example). I hope it isn't the case, but I don't see this changing when it comes to potentially reworked material on the "new album".

I think Slash may was always uneasy to play CD songs. It makes sense to me that he felt those are not GNR songs, and he don't want to "fix" it by really making them justice (save for CD and Better, I guess).

If he just rework CD-era demos with his and Duff's input, it should be a different thing IMO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Hardschool being rehearsed means if something comes out, we will have some reworked CD

It could also mean that if they (Axl) still strictly follow the policy of not letting us know anything new until it's time - because of the CD era leaks - they would have thrown HS down to us, as it's a new song for casuals on the one hand and yet not a new song, because it's 20 years old and we've already heard it. I.e. if ya wanna tease some "new", exciting stuff, why not go with a tune that's already leaked? 
It's not necessarily saying anything about he album itself though. 

Edited by jamillos

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

It could also mean that if they (Axl) still strictly follow the policy of not letting us know anything new until it's time - because of the CD era leaks - they would have thrown HS down to us, as it's a new song for casuals on the one hand and yet not a new song, because it's 20 years old and we've already heard it. I.e. if ya wanna tease some "new", exciting stuff, why not go with a tune that's already leaked? 
It's not necessarily saying anything about he album itself though. 

This is exactly my feelings. I don't think for a sec that Axl wanted to use Hardschool from all the tracks of the vault by coincidence.

49 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

I think, that the tracks for CD where chosen the same way.

I don't know. That's what I think too, but then again, maybe those tracks were leaked because they were the ones that Axl wanted to focus on for the eventual release.

The Village sessions, on the other hand, are from an older source.

12 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't know. That's what I think too, but then again, maybe those tracks were leaked because they were the ones that Axl wanted to focus on for the eventual release.

The Village sessions, on the other hand, are from an older source.

Well, that's a possibility too. For every little piece we've got to speculate. :facepalm:

• Sad 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:03 AM, bumcheecksmcghee said:

The Bucket parts are awesome, Axl sounds clearer, but the Bumblefoot solos and other Bumble guitar work are pretty bad.

I hope an earlier Bucket-only version surfaces. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2020 at 3:02 AM, MaskingApathy said:

Only time will tell, assuming it will get released.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The Bucket parts are awesome, Axl sounds clearer, but the Bumblefoot solos and other Bumble guitar work are pretty bad.

I hope an earlier Bucket-only version surfaces. 

Tbf it's a very strange mix so bumble could add his guitar parts. Hence why I'm the middle eight it's almost guitarless