The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

It goes on streaming services and people start listening to it. That's how stuff is released nowadays. I don't know what the band are expecting, especially for an older band like they are. They can market it how they want but album release is pretty simple nowadays. Physical or digital. 

That's how it works for every other band on Earth outside of GNR. 

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

It goes on streaming services and people start listening to it. That's how stuff is released nowadays. I don't know what the band are expecting, especially for an older band like they are. They can market it how they want but album release is pretty simple nowadays. Physical or digital. 

They can do both. I dont know how hard that is. Unless the band want certain $$ or royalties for digital streaming like spotify ?.

26 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

They can do both. I dont know how hard that is. Unless the band want certain $$ or royalties for digital streaming like spotify ?.

Yes they can do both, I just mean it's easy to do both. I feel that could be it, the band are wanting more money than anyone is willing to pay lol. 

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's how it works for every other band on Earth outside of GNR. 

I imagine it's a really stupid reason as well, like the money thing that was mentioned before. 

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The band gets an advance. The label gets the revenue until it recoups its cost. If the advance is a high enough number, the label needs more than streaming revenue to make back its investment. If the advance is too high, the artist will need to renegotiate that number if they want to release music  

How to release is not a problem. They could very well debut new songs live if they really wanted. That's what I think they were thinking when included Hardschool in the setlist.

By the way, I already said that, but as a reminder: Fiona Apple is gonna release a new album (first in 8 years) this Friday, even though management/record label advised her to postpone it to October. "Fetch the Bolt Cutters" will be available on ALL streaming platforms on Friday 17th including: Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music, YouTube, Google Play, Pandora, Napster, I heart Radio, Soundcloud and Deezer.

17 hours ago, Jw224 said:

'Both' is what every other act does. 

It's astonishingly simple. Bands a fraction of GNR's size release albums physically and digitally constantly. 

The big difference though is that they have material to release. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

It isn't hard. It's fucking hard if you don't have anything to release though. 

Any debate about 'how to release' is skirting that issue. 

Something came to my mind recently, do you think Axl is getting as much touring as possible done (as opposed to releasing music and/or touring) while he still has it in him to tour? Perhaps, when he's physically too exhausted or has less energy with age to tour as consistently and as often as he has, maybe then he will focus on music releases.

Still doesn't make sense to me though, seeing how at this point they probably have 1 or likely even 2 records worth of material unreleased in the vault by now since he nearly had two records with vocals by the end of 2001 based on the recent mass leak.

Just a thought.

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

'Both' is what every other act does. 

It's astonishingly simple. Bands a fraction of GNR's size release albums physically and digitally constantly. 

The big difference though is that they have material to release. 

They for sure have material zu release - at least that's my opinion. The problem with the release is just in Axls head... and probably there's the factor money too. 

18 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

They for sure have material zu release - at least that's my opinion. The problem with the release is just in Axls head... and probably there's the factor money too. 

Well if they think they'll be getting anywhere near the money they used to, then they're dreaming. But Slash will be very aware of that, as he's released records at regular intervals for years. 

I sort of want some band members to do more interviews to see what they say next really. I think it'll go full circle to "playing each other ideas and we're all really excited about them". 

Edited by allwaystired

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well if they think they'll be getting anywhere near the money they used to, then they're dreaming. But Slash will be very aware of that, as he's released records at regular intervals for years. 

I sort of want some band members to do more interviews to see what they say next really. I think it'll go full circle to "playing each other ideas and we're all really excited about them". 

Then a reality check is probably in order. 

And yes, a little more conversation, a little more action please. 

Edited by thelostrose

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Something came to my mind recently, do you think Axl is getting as much touring as possible done (as opposed to releasing music and/or touring) while he still has it in him to tour? Perhaps, when he's physically too exhausted or has less energy with age to tour as consistently and as often as he has, maybe then he will focus on music releases.

Still doesn't make sense to me though, seeing how at this point they probably have 1 or likely even 2 records worth of material unreleased in the vault by now since he nearly had two records with vocals by the end of 2001 based on the recent mass leak.

Just a thought.

I actually thought something like this this morning. Maybe they’ll release when they’re completely done touring since most of the people at the shows don’t care about new music. 

But then I remembered that Axl has released 1 album in almost 30 years. 

2 hours ago, Its Tino said:

I actually thought something like this this morning. Maybe they’ll release when they’re completely done touring since most of the people at the shows don’t care about new music. 

But then I remembered that Axl has released 1 album in almost 30 years. 

How long can the optimism go on for. When will people truly give up? Because we all say that's it I'm done with this band and then bam, another year another let down

37 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

How long can the optimism go on for. When will people truly give up? Because we all say that's it I'm done with this band and then bam, another year another let down

Axl has an Appetite for living off Illusions and Lies....

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Yep, release it on every streaming service, put out cd's and press a limited number of vinyl like everyone else does and it'll do just fine. The platinum albums for rock bands are gone. Pearl Jam's first album in almost 7 years sold 63k equivalent units its first week. Guns would easily match or top that, especially with a strong single. That's the world we living these days. Stop the silly excuses and put something out or just come out and say that there's nothing coming out. 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

Yep, release it on every streaming service, put out cd's and press a limited number of vinyl like everyone else does and it'll do just fine. The platinum albums for rock bands are gone. Pearl Jam's first album in almost 7 years sold 63k equivalent units its first week. Guns would easily match or top that. That's the world we living these days. Stop the silly excuses and put something out or just come out and say that there's nothing coming out. 

It's worth mentioning that Pearl Jam achieved those numbers after several weeks of lock downs in many countries. 

• GNFNR 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

It's worth mentioning that Pearl Jam achieved those numbers after several weeks of lock downs in many countries. 

Yep, but they also promoted it pretty well by releasing a single early and putting out videos for 2 songs before the album came out. Their fan base is fanatical and that base was getting pretty unhappy by with the lack of new music. Seven years is a long time for band thats always out there, but it's sure as hell a lot shorter than 29 years. Just based on that, people will buy or download a new Guns album just out of curiosity or disbelief that it actually happened. The fact that they can still bring crowds to these shows 4 years after they started up is a good sign that people will buy what they're selling. A strong single should bring in people on the fence as well. 

• Like 2

do these guys actually have any new music sitting on the shelves waiting to be released? because if they do not release anything in the next month or so I assure you no one is going to give a crap if they release it a year or 6 months from now,,, now when everyone is sitting at home even releasing 1 "new" song featuring Axl and Slash together for the first time in 25 + years is going to create a good amount of buzz and it will be the talk of social media for at least a day or 2, when things go back to "normal" or at least if people are not sitting at home all day doing nothing if they decide to release something it won't get anywhere near the buzz as if they would release something while the world is pretty much sitting at home and doing nothing

8 hours ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

So they should probably promote it using Axl's blueprint from Chinese Democracy;

Random appearance at major festival (Rio etc). Erratic tour in North America and woeful suprise slot at VMAs. Tour bookended by riots and band looks like extras from the Walking Dead.

Silence for 4 years and occasional song leaks through baseball players.  

Random 15 month tour punctated by botched leaks of singles in TV ads and culminating in the leak of entire album.

Final release of album through exclusive deal to spite a major drinks brand via financially distressed retailer during a major recession. No promotion outside of publicly sacking a long standing mod at MyGnR. 

First public appearance since release of said album occuring at LAX and involving a violent altercation. 

What could possibly go wrong? 

Bizarre that this seems far more exciting then the current format of 4 years of the same shows and the occasional new Instagram post of a CGI gun or a skull. 

2 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

There is no new album to release. They don’t care. They don’t need the money. They’re not a band in the traditional sense. They’re a nostalgia act. 

Didn't Slash need some money, because of this divorce? Or do I mix that up with something else?