The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I wonder what the general reaction will be if these dates don't include any new material?

Will it put the nail in the coffin for people in terms of new music, or just lead them to expand the goalposts? 

I don't think anybody would be all that surprised.

Just now, Towelie said:

I don't think anybody would be all that surprised.

Well, I certainly wouldn't be, but there seems some very, how shall we put it, 'optimistic' opinions out there from people who are perhaps a little more naive. It'll be interesting to see how those sorts of people react, should nothing happen. 

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, I certainly wouldn't be, but there seems some very, how shall we put it, 'optimistic' opinions out there from people who are perhaps a little more naive. It'll be interesting to see how those sorts of people react, should nothing happen. 

Anybody expecting anything new is setting themselves up for a fall. Anyone who's followed this band pre-reunion should know the drill by now. 

Rumours of weight loss and then Axl comes out larger than ever. Pics of new/rare track on the alt setlist, which never make their way onto the main set. Those are my 2020 expectations for GNR.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

- Roll On 2 You

2 - Feelin' It

3 - War Schemes (Seconds)

4 - Monster Of Soul

5 - Benny & The Jets

6 - Shrugged

7 - Hundred Skies

8 - Forgotten

9 - Here Today

10 - Riders Out Of Sight

11 - Hard School

:question:

Its very possibly a fake tracklist floating around

Edited by betterman
  • Haha 3

The biggest obstacle that Axl Rose has faced in the grand scheme of things that has resulted in Guns N' Roses to have released so little music is none other than Axl Rose.

My biggest downfall is that I still believe Axl has it in him to beef up that back catalogue with brilliant music and if anything, the Village Session leaks have only cemented this belief.

What a talented motherfucker. In my opinion, best songwriter of his generation and not many rival him in terms of being a frontman, but he doesn't half do himself a grave injustice with the lack of creative output.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I wonder what the general reaction will be if these dates don't include any new material?

Will it put the nail in the coffin for people in terms of new music, or just lead them to expand the goalposts? 

I've said in over the past couple of years and I'll stand by it: I do not believe GN'R will release any new music until after Axl passes. As always, I'd love to be proven wrong, but that's been my stance since about late 2016. 

"Insiders" on GNR forums mean nothing to me and haven't for about 20 years lol. So I put no stock or hope into any rumors going around at any given time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

1000000000000000000%

You never knew if you were going to get a terrible show or literally THE best live musical experience of your entire life. 

With the price of concert tickets these days, that type of inconsistency is a huge problem. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, betterman said:

- Roll On 2 You

2 - Feelin' It

3 - War Schemes (Seconds)

4 - Monster Of Soul

5 - Benny & The Jets

6 - Shrugged

7 - Hundred Skies

8 - Forgotten

9 - Here Today

10 - Riders Out Of Sight

11 - Hard School

:question:

Its very possibly a fake tracklist floating around

That's so legit. :lol:

19 minutes ago, fantomas said:

With the price of concert tickets these days, that type of inconsistency is a huge problem. 

They were referring to Axl back in the 90s because people seem to forget that Axl was very hit and miss back then too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They were referring to Axl back in the 90s because people seem to forget that Axl was very hit and miss back then too. 

First of all it was very unsure if he will even hit the stage 

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

First of all it was very unsure if he will even hit the stage. 

LOL, yep! Before the shows I saw in 91, 92 & 93 we were always very seriously considering what we'd do if Axl didn't bother to show up. I've never had another concert experience like that lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dean said:

The biggest obstacle that Axl Rose has faced in the grand scheme of things that has resulted in Guns N' Roses to have released so little music is none other than Axl Rose.

My biggest downfall is that I still believe Axl has it in him to beef up that back catalogue with brilliant music and if anything, the Village Session leaks have only cemented this belief.

What a talented motherfucker. In my opinion, best songwriter of his generation and not many rival him in terms of being a frontman, but he doesn't half do himself a grave injustice with the lack of creative output.

Well that's your opinion and I appreciate that, bit I wouldn't put Axl in the conversation for greatest songwriters. Singer yes, and yes he has written and helped write great songs but he has very little material and the quality control on some of it goes from 0-100 dreadful -exceptional. Compare him against artist like Jerry Cantrell, Chris Cornell, Metallicas, not to forget all the other non rock/metal artists out there too who have released consistently brilliant music throughout their careers. 

Like a lot of people have said, if he would just release music then maybe he could be considered.

4 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Somebody want to fill me in on those March rumors? Where did they come from?

Or was it just from "Fernando" saying 6 months?

An "insider" from another forum made the claims. They're already using the "plans changed" and "Axl is making too many demands" excuses to cover though. Same source said a NITL blu-ray was coming by the end of 2019 as well. So, as usual, the "insider" information means nothing. 

• Thanks 2