The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just now, MildlyArtistic said:

Could certainly be a website redesign in progress, but I certainly wouldn't bother getting my hopes up over a website tweak.

You're probably right, but that paired with their cryptic tweet last night makes you wonder/hope, however ill advised haha

14 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah it could be anything really, but I really want it to mean something. 

In all honesty... me too. I'm sure someone could do a case study on it, but for some reason I remain in a constant state of hope that everything "means something" in the GN'R universe. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

In all honesty... me too. I'm sure someone could do a case study on it, but for some reason I remain in a constant state of hope that everything "means something" in the GN'R universe. 

Same here.  Following GNR closely since 1999, every bone in my body says that I should know better than to hope new music is coming, but God help me, I'm hoping this is it.

Mostly because I know that if an album doesn't come by the time this tour starts rolling, 2020 is essentially completely off the table.  They love to say their "focus" is on whatever the current tour leg is.  If, at the very least, a release date isn't set in stone by March, it's just not going to happen.

But there's a weird hope in that.  It almost puts pressure on them to shit or get off the pot before this tour revs up.

• Like 3

Just now, Towelie said:

It's new music. The social media tease, followed by the taking down of the classic GNR logo on the official site. It's definitely new music.

It's a weird coincidence that the website is being revamped after that cryptic tweet last night.  Lead single coming perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

If the tweet is anything to go by, we should know fairly soon. 

As people have pointed out, if it were any other band it would pretty much be a given that new music is coming.  With GNR it could mean anything, or nothing. Fernando has made some pretty damn un-self-aware posts on GNR's twitter in the past.  This could always be that.  But again, it's a weird coincidence that "something" is going on with the website the very next morning.  Doesn't hurt to think positively.

Edited by sofine11

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

If the tweet is anything to go by, we should know fairly soon. 

Propably by end of this week or in the next one we will know. If not I doubt it will happen. You don’t do teasers like that months before release