The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the moment we see/hear mention of Slash doing another album (and inevitably a tour promoting it) it puts to bed the idea of any new GNR material for me. 

The last Slash album/tour cycle in addition to more GN'R dates just killed any hope of a new album for me. 

11 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Anyway, when you think about it, what better opportunity would they have to introduce a brand new song and draw immense attention than at the Super Bowl, with millions of viewers. Fingers crossed, eh?

It's not the Super Bowl though - it really is just a show at an arena, aimed at selling tickets to those who might be going to the Super Bowl. I don't see that the show is special, or even notable really. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's my last hope at this point. That show is on a Friday, new music gets released on Fridays and all of the hype around the Super Bowl will be at a fever pitch then. 

So... my (dumb) hope is that a single drops that morning, then they play it at the show that night. Then they leverage the Super Bowl hype to announce the new album, release date and fall US tour. 

If none of that happens, I'll pretty much e checked out for the rest of 2020.

See you in 2021? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's not the Super Bowl though - it really is just a show at an arena, aimed at selling tickets to those who might be going to the Super Bowl. I don't see that the show is special, or even notable really. 

See you in 2021? 

It is massively aired/viewed though, right? I mean, I don't know, this is what I reckon. 

30 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's not aired or viewed as far as I'm aware.....

I thought some of the stuff was either broadcasted or recorded for later in the past, but it doesn’t matter – in any case, it’s still a huge opportunity. Be a shame to miss it.

19 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Imagine the first clips of the "new song" going around the world with Axl completely butchering it live.

Avoiding Axl's mid range should be the way to go for any new music that they want to perform live

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I thought some of the stuff was either broadcasted or recorded for later in the past, but it doesn’t matter – in any case, it’s still a huge opportunity. Be a shame to miss it.

It probably won’t be broadcasted. It’s really just another show....

The SB commercial angle would be interesting. It would however have to be part of a bigger brand tie in with someone like Budweiser. Thing is I just don’t see the interest to tie in with some 50+ yr old rockstars new song that no one wants to hear. Not when you're spending 5 mil dollars on a spot 

I could see a single dropping unannounced to hype preorders for an album 4-6 weeks out. 

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's my last hope at this point. That show is on a Friday, new music gets released on Fridays and all of the hype around the Super Bowl will be at a fever pitch then. 

So... my (dumb) hope is that a single drops that morning, then they play it at the show that night. Then they leverage the Super Bowl hype to announce the new album, release date and fall US tour. 

If none of that happens, I'll pretty much e checked out for the rest of 2020.

My thoughts exactly.  The reunion novelty wore off some time in 2017, so there's no way in hell I'm shelling out hundreds on tickets to see them croak through the same old same old. It has to be in support of new music, or I just can't be bothered to care. 

• GNFNR 2

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Actually, it is being promoted as part of official super bowl festivities.  I get emails from the NFL regarding Super Bowl tickets because I am a season ticket holder, and the GNR concert is listed in the NFL emails along with the DJ Khaled concert.  It wont be aired, and its obviously not as big as performing at the halftime show, but it is officially part of the weekend.  The super Bowl is not just a game on Sunday , its an entire week of events and parties, and fan experiences.  I will be at the concert and am also hoping something interesting like a new song or announcement.    A 15 second ad during the super bowl would be huge. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I think they need to release a single first before playing it live. Imagine the first clips of the "new song" going around the world with Axl completely butchering it live.

I think this is why no one wanted to even give Silkworms a chance.