The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

God, think of how gutted everyone will be if Miami is just another show with the same setlist. :facepalm:

Honestly, that Friday morning will tell the story for me. If there's no new single by that morning, I won't expect much from the show itself. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

God, think of how gutted everyone will be if Miami is just another show with the same setlist. :facepalm:

Are people really expecting anything new?

I thought the European tour in May is the beginning of the 'All new shows'?

Edited by jackparker123
Update

17 minutes ago, Dcrazed212 said:

Actually, it is being promoted as part of official super bowl festivities.  I get emails from the NFL regarding Super Bowl tickets because I am a season ticket holder, and the GNR concert is listed in the NFL emails along with the DJ Khaled concert.  It wont be aired, and its obviously not as big as performing at the halftime show, but it is officially part of the weekend.  The super Bowl is not just a game on Sunday , its an entire week of events and parties, and fan experiences.  I will be at the concert and am also hoping something interesting like a new song or announcement.    A 15 second ad during the super bowl would be huge. 

Well, yes.....but essentially it's just another show in an Arena, very probably with the same setlist they've been playing for years. Whether it's listed as part of the 'official super bowl festivities' is sort of irrelevant. No one was really doubting that- people were just a bit confused with whether it would be aired or seen. 

God, it's depressing that they're lumped in with this sort of shit alongside the likes of D Khaled. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Well, yes.....but essentially it's just another show in an Arena, very probably with the same setlist they've been playing for years. Whether it's listed as part of the 'official super bowl festivities' is sort of irrelevant. No one was really doubting that- people were just a bit confused with whether it would be aired or seen. 

God, it's depressing that they're lumped in with this sort of shit alongside the likes of D Khaled. 

There's absolutely no reason to do a one off US arena show let alone tie it into the Super Bowl unless it's for promotional purposes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Now come on.....I'm sure you can think of one other reason! 

kerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrching! 

It costs way more to put on a one off arena show while not on tour then they would ever hope to make on it. 

If Miami is "just another gig" with nothing new, I imagine I'll feel similarly to how I felt while watching updates trickle in from Rio 2011.  I was certain that after taking the better part of a year off, and with all the unreleased material he was alleged to have, that show would usher in the next phase/album.  Suffice to say, I was incorrect. 

Granted, lots has changed since then, and I have to imagine they have all the industry support they could hope for at this point in terms of putting something out.  We'll see...

Edited by sofine11

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

It costs way more to put on a one off arena show while not on tour then they would ever hope to make on it. 

Fair point- I haven't a clue about costings etc. Given the very high ticket price though, and the fact the NFL also might have bunged them some cash, would it not be a money earner? 

(I'm just trying to lower expectations here, for reasons of future sanity!) 

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Theres no single, or album

Come on everyone. We've been through this 1000000 times over the past 12 years

oooooh, you cynical little scamp! 

6 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Theres no single, or album

Come on everyone. We've been through this 1000000 times over the past 12 years

Well good morning to you too! Haha

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Fair point- I haven't a clue about costings etc. Given the very high ticket price though, and the fact the NFL also might have bunged them some cash, would it not be a money earner? 

(I'm just trying to lower expectations here, for reasons of future sanity!) 

No, I TOTALLY get what you're saying, trust me! As pointed out above, this is just probably the latest in a long, long of everything in the GN'R world not making any sense. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This.

And for those who are wondering why we're expecting something, here's a breakdown...

1) Slash has said he's been recording on and off for the next GNR release, and that once the Fall '19 festival leg wrapped, finishing that would be their focus.

2) Caram Costanzo said in 2019 that they could not do another tour without an album to promote it with.

3) Fernando, GNR's manager, confirmed on reddit several months ago that the next album would come "within the next 6 months" which, at the latest, would give us an album by March.

4) GNR marketing has branded the upcoming tour as "the next chapter" for GNR.

So like the dozens of times we were told Chinese Democracy was coming “soon” and it was released basically 10 years later?

And like the dozens of times we were told the follow up to CD was coming “soon”?

• Like 1

If new music doesn’t happen this year it’s probably never happening. This is the last chance in my opinion for the band to prove their interested in creating material and not strictly a nostalgia act. 2020 is the last chance. And everything is lining up too- the Super Bowl show, NITL is over, etc. 

At the same time it’s GNR so I don’t have any hopes whatsoever and will be prepared to be fully disappointed come the end of the month.

• Like 1

Just now, Its Tino said:

So like the dozens of times we were told Chinese Democracy was coming “soon” and it was released basically 10 years later?

And like the dozens of times we were told the follow up to CD was coming “soon”?

That era was a train wreck front to back.  This time around they have A LOT of individuals in the industry who stand to make a great deal of money from this band continuing to tour.  If that means they need to re-brand and put out new music to build hype, then they'll figure it out.  That's why I'm putting credence into what they're saying.

• Like 1

Just now, sofine11 said:

That era was a train wreck front to back.  This time around they have A LOT of individuals in the industry who stand to make a great deal of money from this band continuing to tour.  If that means they need to re-brand and put out new music to build hype, then they'll figure it out.  That's why I'm putting credence into what they're saying.

Yes, the biggest thing we have on our side is Universal finally wanting the next Guns album. 

The problem is as it’s always been with every lineup ever, is it’s volatility. 

There will be no single released because there is no album. No band is more top secret than Van Halen and even they couldn't stop reports leaking onto the forums throughout 2010 when it came to ADKOT. If GNR were recording an album and it was set to be released soon there would be a million leaks from people around the band, people in the industry, ect.

Just now, RussTCB said:

Nah. As previously mentioned, it would cost a ton more to do a one time arena show when they're not on tour than they'd make. 

I worry it’s to promote whatever their “new show/chapter” is, which as previously discussed could not be new music and could be a rearranged setlist with a deepcut and cover or a stage redesign.

As I said in my last post, everything is lining up, but this is GNR and not a normal band.