The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

8 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

25 pages on a thread just created a month ago regarding an album that as of this moment does not exist to the public. I *hate this band. :lol:

*hate that I absolutely love 

Including a review to said non-existent album :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

yes, common sense can also be disregarded now that the band has reunited but it will only lead to disappointment. It's naive to think the situation with how Axl operates is completely different. It is different, yes: the band probably will have way more support from the record company and Axl could be more confident and open to new musical ideas thanks to the history he shares with Slash and Duff and the success they have known together.

but nothing we know has indicated Axl changed the way he creates music. he is still a tinkerer/perfectionist call it what you like. His instinct is to try everything under the sun in the studio, piecing it together. His process is painfully long and the name Guns N' Roses on an album seem to have a very deep meaning to him like it's gotta be "right". The reasons for why he has released 1 album in almost 30 years consist of more than just money or lack of support. Those are factors, but he obviously takes this shit very seriously to the point where if it's not exactly what he wants it doesn't gets released.

He has admitted that he changed his mind about which tunes got to be a part of Chinese until the very last moment. That's the sign of an artist who always questions himself, his work. It's a problem that no one can really solve and it means until the album is handed over, the process can still be prolonged.

Old interviews indicate that it was the record company frustrating the release of CD, and material post CD, not Axl himself. They also indicate that there was a period of writers block early on due to various factors. It is only an opinion, but it feels more positive now. Axl isn't on his own anymore, there are three equal entities carrying the band. And, I think Axl going on stage on time shows that he is feeling more comfortable within himself. Plus, the band have two powerhouses in Universal and Livenation behind them. Universal have long since got their money back from the making of CD, and they have got what they wanted in getting the old band back together. Also, Slash likes to make new music and tour it, I can't see him hanging around in a band that is just going to constantly tour old music, probably the same with Duff as well. Duff was going on about his legacy in a recent interview which shows he is looking for something more meaningful in the future. The band still have the capacity to make new music that can mean something to a lot of people, so why not try. That is what you are looking at when you talk about legacy. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Old interviews indicate that it was the record company frustrating the release of CD, and material post CD, not Axl himself. They also indicate that there was a period of writers block early on due to various factors. It is only an opinion, but it feels more positive now. Axl isn't on his own anymore, there are three equal entities carrying the band. And, I think Axl going on stage on time shows that he is feeling more comfortable within himself. Plus, the band have two powerhouses in Universal and Livenation behind them. Universal have long since got their money back from the making of CD, and they have got what they wanted in getting the old band back together. Also, Slash likes to make new music and tour it, I can't see him hanging around in a band that is just going to constantly tour old music, probably the same with Duff as well. Duff was going on about his legacy in a recent interview which shows he is looking for something more meaningful in the future. The band still have the capacity to make new music that can mean something to a lot of people, so why not try. That is what you are looking at when you talk about legacy. 

Axl going on stage on time could be just something Slash insisted on and is in the contract. Slash can release new music with Myles and the Conspirators. His first priority is to perform live anyway and it will be foolish of him to quit Gn'R again with all the money he can continue to make as the band's lead guitar player.

writer's block, RTB, Bob Ezrin, Jimmy Iovine, the reunion, and all the people in the record company that made it difficult for Axl - hopefully that shit is over now and they'll want to support the current incarnation of Gn'R with Slash and Duff.

All I'm saying is I believe Axl doesn't want to just release a good hard rock album. He wants to make a statement and that's, at least for Axl, not easy or a simple process. If it was, he would be more open about his plans. It's like what happened with the latest Tool album: Maynard admitted they could have released a good enough record 8 years ago but what sabotaged it was overthinking. I think Axl does that as well and that dictates his approach which is a main reason of why the Gn'R catalog consists of only 4 and a half albums of original material including Chinese in 35 years.

Edited by Rovim

18 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Jarmo being very positive (again) @HTGTH

No expectations as always with this band and hopefully one day it'll pay off.

Is far as Jarmo knows, "nothing has changed in regards to 2020."

14 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

Has he commented about that recently? Again?

"It's January 10th, as far as I know, nothing has changed regarding 2020.

Not sure why some seem disheartened after seeing a social media update not meaning what they thought it meant.

Instead of focusing on that, remember that, as of now,  the upcoming tours aren't labeled as Not In This Lifetime. That surely must mean something?"

I am willing to bet anyone any amount of money a new album DROPS in 2020.  Just like the rumors of slash and duff built up for 6 months and it came to fruition.

Slash, Duff, Axl, and TB have all alluded to it.  Why would they not ?  Stop comparing current Axl to the guy 15-20 years ago. The guy who started riots and came to stage 2 hours late , and delayed an album by 10 years is long gone.  Obviously people get older and realize they're mistakes.   At some point it becomes about money instead of just keeping it Real.  The current GNR universe employ lots of people and all have gotten fat in the last 3 years.  Do you really think this machine is gonna stop anytime soon ?  It's mostly about the money.  They know an album dropping will continue the touring cycle for 5 more years with breaks in between.  They all have said at some point an album is coming.  How would Slash and Duff explain it next year if there was no album ? They actually care about saying things and it happening.  We know Axl doesn't, but those 2 guys don't just throw things like that out there. 

Mark this time and date, An album is dropping in 2020, not sure it will be great music, but it will top the charts that first week.  If you think anything else, you have zero intuition and keep referencing ChiDem period Axl.  All of the pressure has built to this point, everyone in their world knows it.

Bet me ..

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Dcrazed212 said:

I am willing to bet anyone any amount of money a new album DROPS in 2020.  Just like the rumors of slash and duff built up for 6 months and it came to fruition.

Slash, Duff, Axl, and TB have all alluded to it.  Why would they not ?  Stop comparing current Axl to the guy 15-20 years ago. The guy who started riots and came to stage 2 hours late , and delayed an album by 10 years is long gone.  Obviously people get older and realize they're mistakes.   At some point it becomes about money instead of just keeping it Real.  The current GNR universe employ lots of people and all have gotten fat in the last 3 years.  Do you really think this machine is gonna stop anytime soon ?  It's mostly about the money.  They know an album dropping will continue the touring cycle for 5 more years with breaks in between.  They all have said at some point an album is coming.  How would Slash and Duff explain it next year if there was no album ? They actually care about saying things and it happening.  We know Axl doesn't, but those 2 guys don't just throw things like that out there. 

Mark this time and date, An album is dropping in 2020, not sure it will be great music, but it will top the charts that first week.  If you think anything else, you have zero intuition and keep referencing ChiDem period Axl.  All of the pressure has built to this point, everyone in their world knows it.

Bet me ..

1000x this!! Thanks man you saved me some typing I think you're spot on!

1 hour ago, Dcrazed212 said:

Bet me ..

I'll bet you $50

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'm not very optimistic regarding new music but when was the last time we paid so much attention to a rumor? Wasn't it the rumor about the reunion. We all know how that ended.

This is a guess, but I think a lot of people are hanging their hopes on Slash saying they've been working on an album. That coupled with Jarmo hinting that it'll happen and Fernando saying so on reddit. 

I've said this many times, but I'm always in a "I'll believe it when I see it" stance, but I do get why people have their hopes up currently.