The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, sofine11 said:

For whatever it's worth, Jarmo just doubled down and said that as far as he knows, they're still planning on putting out an album and that this upcoming tour will be in support of something new.

I hadn't seen this when I made my comment about Jarmo after yours, but to be honest IMO he's acting like he doesn't have information we don't have. Saying surely it means something that the upcoming dates aren't labeled NITL is something anyone could (and repeatedly have) said here. And like I said in my post, he previously said his info was the Reddit post. So I think he knows nothing.

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I hadn't seen this when I made my comment about Jarmo after yours, but to be honest IMO he's acting like he doesn't have information we don't have. Saying surely it means something that the upcoming dates aren't labeled NITL is something anyone could (and repeatedly have) said here. And like I said in my post, he previously said his info was the Reddit post. So I think he knows nothing.

Well, let's put it like this, he tours with the band and would imagine he checks in with Fernando and co. from time to time.  So I trust his optimism far more than I trust whatever clowns are dropping "inside info" other places.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Well, let's put it like this, he tours with the band and would imagine he checks in with Fernando and co. from time to time.  So I trust his optimism far more than I trust whatever clowns are dropping "inside info" other places.

Has MSL said anything recently? He has his issues but he definitely had solid info from time to time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The Fall 2019 dates werent branded as NITL either, until they were....

Edited by Coma16
Typo
  • Sad 2

They should be like Metallica and the GNR of old -- debut and work over songs live before they actually record anything. Get into a rhythm, see what the crowds respond to.... add new parts to existing songs, do medleys. STOP BEING FUCKING BORING, YOU'RE GUNS N' ROSES. 

If it's too taxing then cut the runtime in half. LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

They should be like Metallica and the GNR of old -- debut and work over songs live before they actually record anything. Get into a rhythm, see what the crowds respond to.... add new parts to existing songs, do medleys. STOP BEING FUCKING BORING, YOU'RE GUNS N' ROSES. 

Obviously you weren't around from 2001-07 because that's exactly what they did. I would prefer an album, and soon.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Obviously you weren't around from 2001-07 because that's exactly what they did. I would prefer an album, and soon.

Hah :) Well, I was here.... in 2004-2007 at least. That's really not at all what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how they did it in the run up to recording Appetite. Or how Metallica will write a song like Lords of Summer, debut it at a festival, realize it's kind of shit and bin it without wringing their hands about it. Songwriting is about getting the reps in, or in this case dusting-off the treadmill.  

I'm not talking about having a bunch of songs for CD ready to record, playing them to tepid half-filled arenas, refusing to jettison shitty material, adding more layers to songs than a lasagna stuffed with onions and kicking the can down the round for a decade. But we're not here to re-litigate that circus. I'm talkin' 'bout THE BIG THREE ERA. LET'S GO!

Edited by Ant

36 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Just checked the guys page of that fake tracklisting over on Reddit, he posted something on thd No Fap reddit 😂. So wonder what drugs he was on lol.

I think he did one tracklist that included song called „Rock N Roll Pool Party” so yeah 

My guess is that a album is in the works. For the moment nobody knows when its gonna be released, but the optimist plan would be to have the album or a single out before the european tour. But they learned from the 00s to keep their mouth shut about release dates until its 1000% sure.

Thats why we dont know the name of the tour, theres is not alot of merch onsale at the moment. The US stadium tour is uncertain. They are not sure which plan to follow.

And like we all know, all it takes is one guitar solo or the liner notes that needs to be redone and the album is delayed by 10 months in gnr world.

My prediction (more like hope)  is a 2021 release with maybe a new song this year.

I could be totally wrong. After all it might be a 2500$ locked illusions and loaded spaghetti boxset that is going to be released instead for all i know.

It would be cool as fuck if they released Hardschool as a single on January 31 and then played it (and 1-2 other 'new' songs) at the Miami show.

But it's more likely that as promotion for this leg, they'll release a "Sweet Child O' Mine (Remastered)" video and it will be all live clips from the NITL tour. Obviously it will justify at least one more year of touring because it's a brand new single. Then there will be a vinyl and t-shirt sale on their website, and half of us suckers will buy it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sl4yer said:

included song called „Rock N Roll Pool Party” 

I wish that was real.

Hey Slash...

Yeah Ax?

Looks like it's gonna be a scorcher today -- you know what I' m thinkin?

BANAT

(music video shot of pool floaties)

BANAT

(shot of a sizzlin BBQ)

DUNANAT DAAAA, BUMTISHHH

(shot of the the whole crew)

BANANANT BANANT, DUNANNT DAAA

(party ensues)

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It would be cool as fuck if they released Hardschool as a single on January 31 and then played it (and 1-2 other 'new' songs) at the Miami show.

But it's more likely that as promotion for this leg, they'll release a "Sweet Child O' Mine (Remastered)" video and it will be all live clips from the NITL tour. Obviously it will justify at least one more year of touring because it's a brand new single. Then there will be a vinyl and t-shirt sale on their website, and half of us suckers will buy it.

No, it wouldn’t. They need to tell the world "look, we’re working on this new stuff, we’re a capable bunch", and not "here you are, some 20-year old Axl’s solo rehash, because that’s all we can do, apparently".

A single = a brand-new song, thank you very much. And yes, I would love it if they included some CD 2 stuff on the new record; that’s a different story.

Edited by jamillos

17 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No, it wouldn’t. They need to tell world "look, we’re working on this new stuff, we’re a capable bunch", and not "here you are, some 20-year old Axl’s solo rehash, because that’s all we can do, apparently".

A single = a brand-new song, thank you very much. And yes, I would love it if they included some CD 2 stuff on the new record; that’s a different story.

The unfortunate truth is that to most people, Hardschool would be a new song. I am convinced that since it was added to the alt. setlist and rehearsed last year, it might be considered as a single for any new album.

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The unfortunate truth is that to most people, Hardschool would be a new song. I am convinced that since it was added to the alt. setlist and rehearsed last year, it might be considered as a single for any new album.

Gotta say I agree. Although my personal guess is that the song was put there by a certain genius social-media manager just to screw with us... 

Edit. They did rehearse it though, that's true. 

Edited by jamillos

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

No, it wouldn’t. They need to tell the world "look, we’re working on this new stuff, we’re a capable bunch", and not "here you are, some 20-year old Axl’s solo rehash, because that’s all we can do, apparently".

Of course it would be. What we heard on Rough Mixes are like the title says just early demos. And think about how many people even heard it.. Few thousands propably, maybe a little bit more but GNR fanbase is so large that it means nothing. And Hardschool is cool af, I don’t think they could do something better than this considering SMKC and Tenderness

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 2