The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

15 hours ago, Draguns said:

Out of all the tracks that were on CD or those that were leaked last year, Hard School is the most classic sounding GNR song that had leaked. I have serious doubts that it came from the various CD lineups for Nu-GNR. I do think this might have been one of the songs that Matt Sorum mentioned regarding 7 completed tracks and 7 songs that they were working on during the mid 90s before Slash left the band. 

Still don't care, as that's not my point. See here: 

17 hours ago, jamillos said:

Doesn't matter, this is a different situation. Is it really that hard to see my point? They need to show the world what they're capable of now, not what some former variant created two decades ago - that can be included in the record, but the single should be a representative of the current existence. 

(And btw yes, I would like some CD leftovers on the album, but not as a single.)

Edited by jamillos

7 hours ago, Manfisman said:

Fortus: We love bringing new songs in. We always rehearse stuff up. It's just a matter of everyone sort of feeling comfortable to integrate it into the show. I hope that we have new music out this coming year.

“The show”.... Urggghhhhh.... Everyone being Axl I guess?

3 hours ago, siraddam said:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus-i-hope-that-we-have-new-music-out-this-coming-year/

I hope there will be new music this year doesn't exactly sound like they're working on anything. 

Seems a bit more vague than his usual responses on the subject. Like someone else said, he definitely won’t be the one to announce new GNR material so I wonder if he’s being more vague on purpose

12 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus was asked in a new interview with Forbes for an update on fresh music from the band, as well as the possibility of varying up the setlist on this year's tour. He responded: "We love bringing new songs in. We always rehearse stuff up. It's just a matter of everyone sort of feeling comfortable to integrate it into the show. I hope that we have new music out this coming year."

If they were about to announce an album this is exactly what they'd get him to say. Or if they weren't about to announce an album this is also what they'd get him to say. So this really doesn't tell us a whole heap. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If there's going to be an official announcement for a new album, it's certainly not going to come from Fortus.

If they’re really serious about this lineup and will actually release something in the future, I could see Axl putting Fortus to hold a press conference just to legitimate his position even more. People say Axl is loyal and Fortus is on the band for 300 billion years more than Slash after all.

Edited by default_

Trying to be positive, there was a similar situation in 2015, when Richard vaguely hinted (along these lines) that Guns would be active in 2016, and it’d be a big year, without saying anything directly about the reunion. Point being, if something new was on the way, Fortus definitely knows how to be coy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Murielweathers@gmail.com said:

That would be awesome.

Yeah it would.  I wonder if that's why they're holding back on revealing the US tour.  A big package announcement would be incredible, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You mean you're wondering if GNR will act like every other band? Come on now, this isn't a fan fiction site! 

Haha, no, I just mean that it's interesting that this marketing approach is being used by another A-list rock band at this time of year to promote their US tour.  We saw how Susan was quick to delete that bit from her instagram.  Maybe it's being saved for a larger announcement?  Lol grasping at straws is about all we can do with the current management regime being...well...what it is.

• GNFNR 1

34 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Guns at the very least needs to just get one single out this tour. At the very least, just something to shake things up.

We've been reduced to hoping they release ONE SONG. 

Not saying I disagree with you. Just saying that's what we've been reduced to. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We've been reduced to hoping they release ONE SONG. 

Not saying I disagree with you. Just saying that's what we've been reduced to. 

After the last Fortus interview and more signs lining up to it being more NITL it’s all I think I can realistically see happening at this point, even then probably not. 

As I’ve said, 2020 is really the last year where we can figure out their intentions in regards to new music. If nothing happens this year I’d say it’s absolutely a closed book until a posthumous release.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

After the last Fortus interview and more signs lining up to it being more NITL it’s all I think I can realistically see happening at this point, even then probably not. 

As I’ve said, 2020 is really the last year where we can figure out their intentions in regards to new music. If nothing happens this year I’d say it’s absolutely a closed book until a posthumous release.

There's something almost freeing in that if they don't drop this album by the time the tour starts in March, it'll likely never happen.