The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

57 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

God, seeing all the disbelief among hardcore fans like us makes me want them to surprise us with an album that much more.  Literally no one is really expecting them to make good on a release.  But it would fucking blow minds all over the place if they did.  

I have started to be amused by it. After having been here for a few years I see a pattern. Some posters -- not all of them -- come here and are super positive and engage in lots of discussions with naysayers, defending the band, finding all kinds of excuses and so on, and then -- again, only some of them -- it is like the air goes out of the balloon and they become the most critical of  everyone, flipping entirely from one side to another. It's like the period of unabridled enthusiasm and positivity must be accounted for by constant negativity. It's the evolution of a mygnrforum member. But again, only some. Many leave before them get to that final negativity stage.

Why can I keep such an amused dettachment to the band? Probably because I abandoned all hope in 1991. Since then all that happens (new music like CD and new shows and interesting interviews) are just a plus. Anything else doesn't register on my feelometer. It isn't a personal insult to me when the band makes a bad decision, or doesn't act professional. It simply doesn't matter. I am not emotionally invested in any way. I would recommend others to take the same approach to being fans of the band.

Edited by SoulMonster

2 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I could not imagine myself having over 6,000 posts on a message board dedicated to something I detached myself from and 'abandoned all hope' of 29 years ago. You're recommend that people should do the same or just generally have zero passion for or emotional investment in their passions and interests that they follow and post about on the internet? That is some bizarre reasoning. 

It is not bizarre if it works. I am happy when good things happen, indifferent to the bad stuff. And I am likely one of those who has invested the most of their time on the band - yet it is only for me, never for them. 

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I have started to be amused by it. After having been here for a few years I see a pattern. Some posters -- not all of them -- come here and are super positive and engage in lots of discussions with naysayers, defending the band, finding all kinds of excuses and so on, and then -- again, only some of them -- it is like the air goes out of the balloon and they become the most critical of  everyone, flipping entirely from one side to another. It's like the period of unabridled enthusiasm and positivity must be accounted for by constant negativity. It's the evolution of a mygnrforum member. But again, only some. Many leave before them get to that final negativity stage.

Not arguing with that. Besides, I've only been a member of the forum for like 6-7 months. I mean, I would assume that the people posting on a gnr forum are at least mildly interested in the band, and they would probably know how terrible it's history is when it comes to just about anything for the last 27 years or so – the release of new music being one of the worst aspects of this. I do however think the whole reunion thing is still fresh enough to stay positive in regards to new music, at least till the end of 2020.

Edited by ArthurMorgan

21 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Stupid question, but i'll ask ayway

Is it normal for band big as GNR to release record and start touring it outside US first?

I've seen other bands do it, yes. It's worth noting that every GNR album release has had a tour outside the US first. 

20 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Stupid question, but i'll ask ayway

Is it normal for band big as GNR to release record and start touring it outside US first?

The Green Day, Weezer tour is starting, in earnest, in Europe. I know they have a couple of random dates before, but bands just do different things. The UYI tour kicked off at Rock in Rio in Brazil (I think, anyway)

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

an optimistic approach is cool but time is running out and the reality of the situation speaks for itself. The window to release new music and tour it while Axl still got it is closing. Also, some things have happened in Gn'R land which put some shit into perspective like the 2019 leaks. You can hear how Axl had an album pretty much ready to go in 99/2000 and when you compare it to the finished product and add 12 years of no release it kinda paints a grim picture.

personally, I've never lost hope but whenever I read the same "it's a new year, so new music is imminent!" posts it does make me chuckle when Axl doesn't seem to mind just doing another victory lap and getting paid.

I've said this many times: I believe they'll try to complete an album but if in 2016 Axl said that soon is still not the word and they are busy touring non stop, I think it'll take a long time until we get another album of original material. I think they can do it but there is no getting around Axl's process and he likes to focus on 1 thing at a time. Like he said in the Hawaii show how they need to first finish this so they can move on to something else. Yeah... I don't think it's this year.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

The Green Day, Weezer tour is starting, in earnest, in Europe. I know they have a couple of random dates before, but bands just do different things. The UYI tour kicked off at Rock in Rio in Brazil (I think, anyway)

Also, it really depends what GNR's attack plan is for the album, assuming there is one.  Are they dropping a single, and then announcing the album, or going for a full-on surprise album release?  And in what proximity to a US tour would it be smart to drop it?

I would think that if the idea is to really re-brand, a release months before the tour kicks off would probably we wise to create a new wave of hype.

8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Also, it really depends what GNR's attack plan is for the album, assuming there is one.  Are they dropping a single, and then announcing the album, or going for a full-on surprise album release?  And in what proximity to a US tour would it be smart to drop it?

I would think that if the idea is to really re-brand, a release months before the tour kicks off would probably we wise to create a new wave of hype.

It'll be interesting to see

Just to say, I am in the positive camp. If it was just Dizzy and Fortus saying stuff then I would stay in bed. But I will listen to what Slash and Duff have to say because they are partners in the band, and Jarmo is not putting me off my positivity, so I will go with the flow just now and see what happens

As for the dark side, I can understand that too as the band missed a whole decade, but hey ho, let's see what happens. There's a long way to go in 2020.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There's a faction of fans (not saying Soul Monster is one) who believe you have to be positive about GNR 24/7 or you're not "a fan". 

Horseshit.

I've been a big fan for a long, long time but that's never going to stop me from calling a spade a spade when I see/hear bullshit from them. I'm more than happy to point out when positive things happen, but there haven't been a lot of positive things to point out lately IMO. If that changes, I'll be happy to change my tune along with it. 

Screenshot_20190803-103850_Facebook.jpg.eb63a6c67369078d451b4b5f5a9cda74.jpg

It's in my existing attachments on here, so it's always available upon request haha

This should just be the banner of the forum at this point lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

It'll be interesting to see

Just to say, I am in the positive camp. If it was just Dizzy and Fortus saying stuff then I would stay in bed. But I will listen to what Slash and Duff have to say because they are partners in the band, and Jarmo is not putting me off my positivity, so I will go with the flow just now and see what happens

As for the dark side, I can understand that too as the band missed a whole decade, but hey ho, let's see what happens. There's a long way to go in 2020.

I'm staying cautiously positive until the tour kicks off with no sign of new music.  They LOVE to say that "For now our focus is on the upcoming tour, but after that we all yada yada yada." If by the first show in March there's nothing, then you can safely bet the farm that's a no go for all of 2020 right there since the idea is to tour for the better part of the year after that.

Edited by sofine11

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

God, seeing all the disbelief among hardcore fans like us makes me want them to surprise us with an album that much more.  Literally no one is really expecting them to make good on a release.  But it would fucking blow minds all over the place if they did.  

We all want a new album, but aft er 10 years of false promisses we do our best to not get our hopes up.

the more you climb, the worse the fall.

Edited by default_

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

I could not imagine myself having over 6,000 posts on a message board dedicated to something I detached myself from and 'abandoned all hope' of 29 years ago. You're recommend that people should do the same or just generally have zero passion for or emotional investment in their passions and interests that they follow and post about on the internet? That is some bizarre reasoning. 

You don't know Soul Monster well if you believe even a quarter of those posts were acquired discussing Guns N' Roses haha.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArthurMorgan said:

Not arguing with that. Besides, I've only been a member of the forum for like 6-7 months. I mean, I would assume that the people posting on a gnr forum are at least mildly interested in the band, and they would probably know how terrible it's history is when it comes to just about anything for the last 27 years or so 

Oh they are. Repeated disappointment just knocks them down. They will be up and cheering whenever something good happening. At least most of them.