The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I honestly don't care that much about new music from this band. I'd prefer Soul Monster 2000 with vocals to a whole Axl/Slash/Duff album.

I'd be interested, mostly because of how backwardly ran this band is and how its nearly impossible to get anything from them.

I'd be generally excited if it was new music though - no rehashed material, just the current lineup making songs and not over thinking things - doubt that wuold be the case either (imo anything we get is going to be CD era completed songs with Duff n' Slash on, and then one or two new ones that Slash & Duff have conjured up to make everyone feel better.

Logistically, how could they tour so soon with no new product? Yeah the mainstream fairweather fans will go regardless but I cannot think of any other top tier band going out on tour so soon after a mammoth 3-year tour with nothing to back it up?

A new setlist/production on its own WILL lead to diminishing returns which makes zero business sense - even for TB. Which is why I think we will get something - if only an EP.

It’s not the bands fault that music leaked out a few months ago, so I’d have absolutely no problems seeing the leaked songs on a new album. We don’t even know how many of those songs were written before Slash and Duff left the band. New music is new music, doesn’t matter when it was written, and there are some really solid songs that we’ve heard, even in just instrumental form, that would make a great GNR record especially with Slash and Duff playing them. Any new GNR record would be a miracle, and I’d be the last one complaining about it especially if getting this one out opens the door for even more possible future albums

• Like 3

1 minute ago, slash23579 said:

It’s not the bands fault that music leaked out a few months ago, so I’d have absolutely no problems seeing the leaked songs on a new album. We don’t even know how many of those songs were written before Slash and Duff left the band. New music is new music, doesn’t matter when it was written, and there are some really solid songs that we’ve heard, even in just instrumental form, that would make a great GNR record especially with Slash and Duff playing them. Any new GNR record would be a miracle, and I’d be the last one complaining about it especially if getting this one out opens the door for even more possible future albums

That's how I feel. I'm totally fine with whatever the source of the songs is as long as they're good. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

I mean, if Guns just released all of their material like every other band those leaks wouldn’t of even happened... It might not be this bands fault, but you could definitely say it was NuGuns’ fault. 

1 hour ago, slash23579 said:

You're right; it isn't GNR's fault the songs leaked. I don't mind if the entirety of the new record is comprised of songs specifically from those leaks. However, my point was that I'd be disappointed if we waited 12 years and they drop just a single and it's something we heard three months back. That would be such a GNR thing to do though.

26 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

You're right; it isn't GNR's fault the songs leaked. I don't mind if the entirety of the new record is comprised of songs specifically from those leaks. However, my point was that I'd be disappointed if we waited 12 years and they drop just a single and it's something we heard three months back. That would be such a GNR thing to do though.

Well the people who have heard Hard School aren’t their concern, most people and casual fans have not heard that song, so to the market that brings in the most money it is an entirely new song. Even to us on the forum and everyone else who listened to the leaks, getting a single like that would be huge because that would mean the new album is 100% a real thing that’s coming out soon. That’s what I’m hoping for, I just want to be able to hold and listen to a new GNR album, I’m not concerned about what songs they use as singles

• Like 3

I google “Guns N’ Roses” everyday looking for the last news, hoping that I will see some real sign of the album (not some Fortus quote). I also check the forum everyday. I know I should know better, specially after this decade, but to me it’s now or never.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

At this point, a surprise single wouldn't suffice for me. Especially if it's "Hardschool." Love the song, but if I waited 12 years for a new GNR track only to get one that leaked a few months ago, I'll be salty. Sorry, I need a surprise ALBUM drop. 'Cause otherwise, even if they announce a release date, I'd worry it wouldn't come to fruition. I just wanna be on my phone one night and see GNR trending on Twitter for a surprise record that just dropped at midnight. *boom* 

At that point, I don't mind if some leaks are reworked for the album. Actually, I want them to be. I love "Atlas" and "Perhaps." But I want 12-14 songs on a new record all at once so I can call off work and just listen to it on replay all fucking day and try to keep F5 on this forum to discuss the songs, although this forum would probably be down for server overload.

The next record, if they actually release one, will probably be the last Guns N' Roses record we ever get. 

Who's fault is that though? You chose to listen to the leaks.  Also keep in mind that there can be difference from a demo to the actual product. 

25 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Who's fault is that though? You chose to listen to the leaks.  Also keep in mind that there can be difference from a demo to the actual product. 

It's GNR's fault for their refusal to ever put out new material or even let the fans in on any long-term plans beyond endless touring. 

The leaks are out there. I didn't put them out there. And I wouldn't have. However, I'm certainly going to listen. 

The band owes me nothing, and thus, I owe them nothing.

17 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

In almost 27 years the band has only released 1 studio album, was inactive for fucking 7 years, it's a shame

*10 years, I'm guessing you forgot '03-05 :P

I'm listening to State Of Grace right now... that's a sentence that would've made no sense 6 months ago, but it's a good fuckin song and it's proof that there's quality songs in the vault that we have no idea about. Tbh I hope they do release a bunch of CD-era songs featuring Slash and Duff, it's not like Hardschool or Atlas would be exactly the same as the demos anyway and nobody outside the forums cared about the leaks. I don't care if they're 20 year old songs, there's clearly some gems in the vault, so just release them ffs. :axl:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NicoGNR5 said:

I google “Guns N’ Roses” everyday looking for the last news, hoping that I will see some real sign of the album (not some Fortus quote). I also check the forum everyday. I know I should know better, specially after this decade, but to me it’s now or never.

Hahaha. I google them too everyday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicoGNR5 said:

IF....and with GNR is always a big IF...anything happens with new music, I'd say the weekend of the Super Bowl is our best hope for any news. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

*10 years, I'm guessing you forgot '03-05 :P

I'm listening to State Of Grace right now... that's a sentence that would've made no sense 6 months ago, but it's a good fuckin song and it's proof that there's quality songs in the vault that we have no idea about. Tbh I hope they do release a bunch of CD-era songs featuring Slash and Duff, it's not like Hardschool or Atlas would be exactly the same as the demos anyway and nobody outside the forums cared about the leaks. I don't care if they're 20 year old songs, there's clearly some gems in the vault, so just release them ffs. :axl:

1993-2000, no tours, no news, only Oh My God .

Edited by TheSlashrose

I mean, I'll take something over nothing. I'll take one song over nothing. But it would feel like "Shadow of Your Love" if they release "Hardschool." Like, OK. It's out there already, and though it was a cool addition to the set list, it wouldn't satiate our appetites. Well, I guess I should speak for myself. It wouldn't satiate my appetite and would feel like a copout.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

1993-2000, no tours, no news, only Oh My God .

You said they were inactive for 7 years but it's closer to 10.

'93-2000 and 2003-2005, Axl did 'voice acting' in Grand Theft Auto in 2004(?) but otherwise nothing happened lol. I actually forgot about Greatest Hits until now but the only band activity around that was lawsuits. :lol:

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd honestly rather just get nothing instead of one song. 

One song would give them an excuse to keep touring honestly. They don't even need to say 'the album's coming in 3 months' or whatever, just let people know there's new music and there will be interest from the general 'rock' audience. Not gonna lie, if they played Dead Horse, Locomotive, maybe another UYI deep cut and an actual new song on this tour, I'd go see them again whenever the US (and maybe Canada?) shows get happen. I have no interest in another NITL show though.