The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Man oh man. If Perhaps ever gets a commerical release, I sure hope that second piano break is still in it. That's just magic. 

Axl singing "Save me" underneath the chorus gets me every time.  Such a good song, and honestly songs like something right off the Illusions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I agree as far as the verses go, but that chorus is fire. 

I even like the verses. The song is just too long and repetitive lyrically. It can be expanded upon for sure. I'm convinced if we get a new "Hardschool," it will be even better.

• Like 1

First single has to be an up-tempo rocker.

Second single can be a ballad. We've discussed this to death in leak threads and so forth. But if all we have to go on are the leaks, then for me it's gotta be "Hardschool" first, then follow it with "Perhaps." 

I love "Atlas," but "Perhaps" is a next-level type of song. The piano, the vicious chorus. The "hey heeeeeys."

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Here's an idea of how hopeful I remain even though there's seemingly no reason to be:

No joke, I wake up literally every day and check the forum thinking I'm going to have to merge and/or lock a dozen threads about confirmation of a new album. 

I kid you not, every single day I have hope that will be the case. Then I check D&N, see that it's the same topics and it takes the wind out of my sails haha. 

It's honestly the closest I've felt we've been to new music since 2008, so you're not alone there.  They've made vague "we hope" comments in some form every year since 2010, but this is the first time we were given some kind of timeframe by management.

Though I do wonder if @Fernando realizes what he said, or that his casual announcement on Reddit has spread like wildfire.   I would hope that if things have changed he would update us, but I don't see him being bothered to care.

• Like 1

I truly thought a new record would materialize around 2013/2014 but I was clearly wrong. I remember there were rumblings from "insiders" that something was planned. But then that had to have been bullshit considering Bumblefoot has stated he never recorded new music with the band, right? Once Duff joined the group for some gigs, I bet the idea of Slash's return became more real. And at that point, no one is gonna green-light a record featuring Ashba and Bumblefoot if there's money to be made with Slash and Duff officially returning to the fold.

I can say confidently now in 2020, thank god Ashba never made it on a Guns N' Roses album. It's bad enough Bumblefoot was on Chinese Democracy, but at least Bucket and/or Finck weren't replaced entirely.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

Here's an idea of how hopeful I remain even though there's seemingly no reason to be:

No joke, I wake up literally every day and check the forum thinking I'm going to have to merge and/or lock a dozen threads about confirmation of a new album. 

I kid you not, every single day I have hope that will be the case. Then I check D&N, see that it's the same topics and it takes the wind out of my sails haha. 

+ 1

• Like 1

I do the same thing every fucking day hahah

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, default_ said:

I honestly dont think hardschool is good enough to be the first single, B-side material at best.

I agree. I keep seeing people saying that it'll be a great single but I don't think so. It sounds like an old song and would just not be good to release nowadays imo. 

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

I truly thought a new record would materialize around 2013/2014 but I was clearly wrong. I remember there were rumblings from "insiders" that something was planned. But then that had to have been bullshit considering Bumblefoot has stated he never recorded new music with the band, right? Once Duff joined the group for some gigs, I bet the idea of Slash's return became more real. And at that point, no one is gonna green-light a record featuring Ashba and Bumblefoot if there's money to be made with Slash and Duff officially returning to the fold.

I can say confidently now in 2020, thank god Ashba never made it on a Guns N' Roses album. It's bad enough Bumblefoot was on Chinese Democracy, but at least Bucket and/or Finck weren't replaced entirely.

Oh yes, poor Axl, having one of the worlds most virtuosic guitarists in the world on his album. 

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Oh yes, poor Axl, having one of the worlds most virtuosic guitarists in the world on his album. 

I think bumblefoot is really really uninspired and generic. Skilled, yeah, but he totally lacks anything else like creativity and emotion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

I think bumblefoot is really really uninspired and generic. Skilled, yeah, but he totally lacks anything else like creativity and emotion.

That's a matter of personal taste. I'd take his solo work and his work in Sons of Apollo over anything Slash has done post-Guns.

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

That's a matter of personal taste. I'd take his solo work and his work in Sons of Apollo over anything Slash has done post-Guns.

Aside both Snakepits, none of them can produce a good album to save their lifes.

These days Slash doesnt show skills nor emotion or creativity. But Id still take him anyday over BBF cause he did great in the past, Slash was one of the guys that made me get into guitar. I wonder if BBF inspired anyone :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Bumblefoot is technically skilled, but he's never written anything I enjoy (same with Ashba). Obviously that's personal taste. But here's an inarguable fact: In regard to marketability, clearly Slash with Axl is gonna move the needle. So I stand by what I said. When Slash's return became a realistic possibility, no one in their right mind would green-light a Guns N' Roses record featuring Bumblefoot and Ashba.

Perhaps some of Axl's lack of desire to out out a new record with the Ashba/Bumblefoot lineup was that he didn't really care for their songwriting and didn't want to use anything they may have brought in for the band. The prolific creative output in the Chinese years came with Dizzy/Stinson/Finck/Fortus/Buckethead/Axl/Tobias, right? As far as we know.

Edited by GnR Chris

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I agree as far as the verses go, but that chorus is fire. 

To me it's the other way around.  The verses are what make that song (the first especially.  I think the lyrics could be better on the second).  I like the way Axl sings on the chorus, but I don't like the melody or the lyrics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Perhaps some of Axl's lack of desire to out out a new record with the Ashba/Bumblefoot lineup was that he didn't really care for their songwriting and didn't want to use anything they may have brought in for the band. The prolific creative output in the Chinese years came with Dizzy/Stinson/Finck/Fortus/Buckethead/Axl/Tobias, right? As far as we know.

yeah and that seems to be the lineup Axl wanted to go with although Brain did manage to come up with ideas Axl ended up using. I cling to the thought that Axl might get inspired by what Slash is capable of when he's inspired and also maybe Slash will want to step up his game and really go for it cause it's a Guns album. 

• Like 1