The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

he was?

No, he wasn't. The user was being sarcastic. The "IT'S NOT GNR, WAHHHHH" crowd likes to point to low ticket sales as if it somehow validates their argument against the pre-NITL lineups of GNR. They always seem to forget that Slash wasn't playing to large crowds on his own either. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

I disagree.  Axl and his replacements couldnt sell out a HS gym.  Their was interest to see why he broke up a great band and we wanted to see the "new direction".  With the big 3 grossing the the 3rd highest tour, their is PLENTY of interest in new music

at least 90% of people at the NITL tour were there to hear the hits. youre dead on about people wanting to see axl and his replacements not being able to sell out a HS gym tho, because those are the exact same people eagerly awaiting new music... and i speak from experience cuz i was one of em

Not to have this debate for the millionth time, but if Axl Rose, Slash and Duff all left GNR and gave the rights to Dizzy who recruited DJ Ashba and Sebastian Bach to fill the spots, it would still technically be GNR. A GNR I would ever want to see or accept? Hell no, but objectively and factually it would be GNR.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Towelie said:

It's funny how some folks happily accept a band with Melissa Reese, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed as GNR, but any lineup from 01-14 was fake.

Dizzy Reed, in the band since 1990.

Ferrer, in the band since 2006, I think?

Fortus, in the band since 2002?

Those three have technically been in Guns N' Roses longer than Slash and Duff.

The band is excellent as-is. People wanted as much of the classic era members as possible, and we managed to get Duff, and in some kind of miracle, Slash. I can happily accept this lineup as Guns N' Roses.

Remember when Axl himself announced CD was coming out march 6,2007? And how that date came and passed without so much as a comment? And even when it was released a year and a half later Axl felt it was taken out of his hands too early? And people are seriously banking on a spring 2020 release based on something motherfucking Fernando said!?! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Remember when Axl himself announced CD was coming out march 6,2007? And how that date came and passed without so much as a comment? And even when it was released a year and a half later Axl felt it was taken out of his hands too early? And people are seriously banking on a spring 2020 release based on something motherfucking Fernando said!?! 

yeah and in 2006 Axl said about the release of Chinese "it's this year". Until at least an official release date is given by Axl, you will just be setting yourself up for disappointment imo. Even then Axl can still delay it but I think he's much more careful these days after what happened with Chinese.

It’s even sadder when you realize Chinese Democracy had a name and was confirmed to even be a thing Axl was working on. We know zilch about this “new album”- we don’t know a name, even any tentative plans or release dates, we haven’t heard any songs from it- probably because the damn thing doesn’t even exist in any form!

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It’s even sadder when you realize Chinese Democracy had a name and was confirmed to even be a thing Axl was working on. We know zilch about this “new album”- we don’t know a name, even any tentative plans or release dates, we haven’t heard any songs from it- probably because the damn thing doesn’t even exist in any form!

I feel like they've been stalling since '09 honestly. It's been too long between releases for there to be hold-ups with the label or writing credits or whatever excuses people are throwing out these days. 

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

This. I’d found myself beginning to believe but reading this has jolted me back to reality

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I feel like they've been stalling since '09 honestly. It's been too long between releases for there to be hold-ups with the label or writing credits or whatever excuses people are throwing out these days. 

I legitimately think 2010 Axl still had ambitions and goals to release new music. Whatever happened to the label and his physical condition/voice between 2010 and RIR ‘11 will always be a mystery and to me, the beginning of the true downfall of GNR.

• Like 1