The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Let's face it - there is no more Guns N' Roses THE BAND. It's not about a creative collective that creates and wants to share their music with the world. They got nothing to say, nothing to prove.

What is he even trying to say here? Makes no sense at all for an ARTIST. It's all gone, all that is left is a company named Guns N' Roses. 

Edited by El Guapo

If there is to be a new album i would think they will play some new songs / a song at least in the first few shows of the year. 

I'm going to one of the London gigs in May (after saying i wouldn't! :facepalm:) and hope to see an 'all new show'...... although i expect to be let down! lol

I have the feeling that Slash being vague about it all but revealing new songs are not a guarantee, is probably him preparing the crowd for all this. Hoping the shitstorm will be blown over when rebooting NITL this spring

• Like 3

What an absolute bollockless answer from Slash. How hard is it to be straight up with whatever the fuck is going on? Old Slash would have been straight. This band doesn’t even resemble the band I loved. No album news by March and I am done.

• GNFNR 1

52 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Well, they're doing it again. They're creating such an unreal anticipation for a new album that they won't be able to live up to people's expectations. The longer an album is in the cooker, the more likely it is people will think it must to be the best thing ever recorded. Then the pressure mounts. Chinese Democracy was awesome, but it grew to be such a mythological thing prior to release, that its final form was always gonna be a letdown regardless. 

It could never live up to the expectations anyway, that's simply impossible, no matter how great it will be. Most people were kids when they discovered AFD and UYI and it's been 30 years since they came out. Nothing can compete with that.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, EvanG said:

It could never live up to the expectations anyway, that's simply impossible, no matter how great it will be. Most people were kids when they discovered AFD and UYI and it's been 30 years since they came out. Nothing can compete with that.

Pretty much this. Nothing can compete with the soundtrack of your youth, but if they can pull off a good record (best bits of SMKC with Axl melodies and Duff bass thunder), I'll take it.

• Like 2

Slash said this 4 months ago (in September):

-----

Slash also talked about whether GUNS N' ROSES fans can expect to see new music from the band in the form of standalone singles or as a full-length record. He explained: "I think at the end of the day, everybody wants to have a full album released. I don't think that's really changed all that much. But there's a different way of putting stuff out initially nowadays more so than… I mean, there's always been the single, but now you sort of look at that preliminary release a little bit differently now. All things considered, it's like the Wild West out there; there is no formula for any of it. [Laughs] I haven't seen any routine kind of thing that works. I mean, you can do any one of a million different things to releasing a record. But at the end of the day, I think that we will ultimately release a full album."

http://www.a-4-d.com/t4222-2019-09-09-sirius-xm-trunk-nation-interview-with-slash

• Like 3

This is probably the most confirmation that we have had that new music has been worked on. 

I'd love them to release a double album, or even two double albums, just like the good ol' days. But even if they had enough material for a UYI style blowout, the general public doesn't have the attention span to absorb that much new music in one package. 

If new music is dished out in small doses - like an array of singles or EPs to promote the tour - I'd take that. 

32 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

The industry makes it easier than ever to put out new records. Eminem just did it with no build up.

It’s a case of how much you want to create new music and perform it. Slash has been doing that. Duff has been doing that.

yup!  pearl jam announced new record soon and dropped a single today out of no where.  If gnr wanted to, they would.  Everything else is just an excuse

• Like 1

This almost seems like too dumb of a headline to be true. There’s no way an entity this big could be unsure of how to release music. It’s not fucking rocket science, release the damn album digitally then take pre orders for a physical release. No back stock to sell and everyone is happy. Simple. Not fucking rocket science.

Yeah, if they think they have to do it big way and have an impact they might have to do a reality check. The UYI days are long gone. Chinese could have been huge had it been released 8 years sooner. At best they have nothing more to gain than respect from their current fans - they won't have a huge impact at the current pop zeitgeist - so they should accept that, relax and just release anything. Or quit. Or admit that they are in just for the easy money. But continuing the tour for fifth (!) year, with no big changers and honeydicking people to spend money with vague statements - that's bullshit.

I for one would love to have an acoustic EP à la Lies. Doesn't even have to be originals, they could play covers (as they seem to love to do). Something laid back just to show us they care. Maybe it would also loosen the weight to release something more solid.

I'm starting to think that whatever mania Axl has makes him WILDLY apprehensive about releasing music.  Maybe the horrendously difficult road to Chinese Democracy and the eventual bungled release just burned him out from that whole process. 

It just seems that he fixates an any common logistical release issue, and for whatever reason, things go into limbo for years on end. Like any common issue ("OMG, music is consumed differently in 2020!!") they appear blindsided and use it almost like a "get out of jail free" card.

• Like 1

Slash is typically “vague” about everything. If anything is planned he’s not going to announce it in an interview with an online guitar magazine. It’s either going to happen or it’s not. But his comments mean absolutely nothing. 

• Like 2