Jump to content
jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread

Recommended Posts

I also have a glimmer of hope! 

There is real interest in a new GNR album worldwide. Slash's comments were picked up by press of all kinds all over the place. Widely reported. 

It won't go away now, particularly because slash has confirmed that musoc has been recorded etc... The excuse about 'how to release' the album is ridiculous and surely isn't a true barrier to a release. Ultimately a decision will have to be made  by the record company.  If the music is good, it will do well irrespective of how it's released. Maybe that is what they are more worried about!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, WildStar said:

Yeah I haven't got round to checking them out. I saw a Bumblefoot solo show, in a pub, a few years ago and he was pretty entertaining. 

Trillians?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Personally I don't think Axl ever really wanted to release an album with Ashba and Bumblefoot. And, like I said earlier, he probably was already thinking about a reunion in 2014 (he even mentioned in the Globo interview that the discussion between his and Slash's "people" had started by then, before the two of them talked in person a year later) and of the distant possibility of reworking CD II with the reunited lineup, if the reunion finally materialised.

All the "noise" about new music with the Ashba-Bumblefoot lineup between 2010-15 mainly came from Fortus and Dizzy (who probably felt they had to say something when asked in interviews - unlike Tommy, for example, who didn't answer those question in a way that left much room for optimism) and from "sources" and rumours, which people ended up believing as facts.

 

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Personally I don't think Axl ever really wanted to release an album with Ashba and Bumblefoot. And, like I said earlier, he probably was already thinking about a reunion in 2014 (he even mentioned in the Globo interview that the discussion between his and Slash's "people" had started by then, before the two of them talked in person a year later) and of the distant possibility of reworking CD II with the reunited lineup, if the reunion finally materialised.

All the "noise" about new music with the Ashba-Bumblefoot lineup between 2010-15 mainly came from Fortus and Dizzy (who probably felt they had to say something when asked in interviews - unlike Tommy, for example, who didn't answer those question in a way that left much room for optimism) and from "sources" and rumours, which people ended up believing as facts.

I agree totally with you. I’ve always thought  that a new album talk back then was a distraction to take away the focus on a reunion now that Duff was kinda back in the lineup. There was rumour around then bumblefoot told a fan that Axl and Slash had already spoke by then and the then current line up was finished 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is interest... There would be more few years ago when Axl was "biggest thing" in rock - reunion and AC/DC thing - all the world press talked about it...

Sure, they wont make big $$ like in 80s and 90s but would probably top the charts (specially if the do Metallica thing - attach the album with concert ticket - with 30-50 shows for 50-80000 people, that would be few mils copies)

Every month they stall, interest would be smaller and smaller...  And big promo? Today? Not needed - how many followers they have on facebook, instagram, twitter, youtube? Take Angus at some guest spot and promo is doing itself with few normal posts (not standard GNR f'n cringe bullshit)

If they want it - they can have no1 album just for releasing it.... it would be a novelty just like reunion was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

And it wouldn't take that long to record either. 

Absoloutely true. I think i now get why slash has recorded all of SMKC next album....this is his plan b if things fall through with new music. There is no way slash and duff can continue playing the same old setlist.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

There is interest... There would be more few years ago when Axl was "biggest thing" in rock - reunion and AC/DC thing - all the world press talked about it...

Sure, they wont make big $$ like in 80s and 90s but would probably top the charts (specially if the do Metallica thing - attach the album with concert ticket - with 30-50 shows for 50-80000 people, that would be few mils copies)

Every month they stall, interest would be smaller and smaller...  And big promo? Today? Not needed - how many followers they have on facebook, instagram, twitter, youtube? Take Angus at some guest spot and promo is doing itself with few normal posts (not standard GNR f'n cringe bullshit)

If they want it - they can have no1 album just for releasing it.... it would be a novelty just like reunion was.

a big album promotion still makes a difference, even if there is interest from fans. It's not needed to sell albums, it's needed to sell more albums.

Last time they lowered the risk significantly by doing the BestBuy deal. It wasn't really a standard release and it worked, at least for the record company and GH was a huge success before that so they got the money they invested and actually turned a profit.

if they do manage to release 1 more album I think they'll promote the shit out of it this time, but I don't believe they'll even break 3 million units sold but the value for them will be in creating a reason for touring and cause it's super artistic for Axl to release anything. With the profit they've made from touring for 4 years plus the shows they've booked for 2020, a new album will be a sensible investment of time, effort, and money imo.

I wonder what's the big hurdle here? is Axl up for it musically? will he tinker with it until Slash goes completely bald or is it mainly about just finding an acceptable way to approach a release cause they want to nail it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s funny and sad that Duff has said that he created and recorded Ozzy’s new album in 4 days but can’t get Axl to do anything at all in as many years. And Ozzy sounds great. I think if 2020 goes by without a new album then I hope Slash and Duff say goodbye to Axl and get on with their lives. They’ve made enough money. Time to retire and bury Guns n’ Roses for good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

a big album promotion still makes a difference, even if there is interest from fans. It's not needed to sell albums, it's needed to sell more albums.

Last time they lowered the risk significantly by doing the BestBuy deal. It wasn't really a standard release and it worked, at least for the record company and GH was a huge success before that so they got the money they invested and actually turned a profit.

if they do manage to release 1 more album I think they'll promote the shit out of it this time, but I don't believe they'll even break 3 million units sold but the value for them will be in creating a reason for touring and cause it's super artistic for Axl to release anything. With the profit they've made from touring for 4 years plus the shows they've booked for 2020, a new album will be a sensible investment of time, effort, and money imo.

I wonder what's the big hurdle here? is Axl up for it musically? will he tinker with it until Slash goes completely bald or is it mainly about just finding an acceptable way to approach a release cause they want to nail it?

Interms of your your paragraph. Axl.

1. His rebuttle to izzy that there was " no fuckin schedule" when releasing uyi.

2. Any axl demands of the record company....i hope they dont do a best buy deal. Gnr are a household name, they dont need massive promotion but i hope UMG go all out billboards etc. It doesnt matter how much UMG spend because they will recoup any expenditure.

3. How much creative control axl is willing to let go of.

4. Is axl motivated to do new music, considering there was no released new singles  off the CD album between 08 and say 2010.

7 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

It’s funny and sad that Duff has said that he created and recorded Ozzy’s new album in 4 days but can’t get Axl to do anything at all in as many years. And Ozzy sounds great. I think if 2020 goes by without a new album then I hope Slash and Duff say goodbye to Axl and get on with their lives. They’ve made enough money. Time to retire and bury Guns n’ Roses for good. 

Absolutely true to slash and duff walking. Im sure they have their thoughts without money being a factor in any decision.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

It’s funny and sad that Duff has said that he created and recorded Ozzy’s new album in 4 days but can’t get Axl to do anything at all in as many years. And Ozzy sounds great. I think if 2020 goes by without a new album then I hope Slash and Duff say goodbye to Axl and get on with their lives. They’ve made enough money. Time to retire and bury Guns n’ Roses for good. 

Why would Slash and Duff leave Gn'R when they can do what they want creatively with their solo projects/their own bands and still be a part of Gn'R with all the advantages that come with it (bigger shows,more money, being a part of something people care about more deeply?)

and the money thing... there are people who might look at their financial success and go: "surely that's enough money" but that's just the way you look at it from your perspective. These are rich celebrity musicians that lead a very lavish lifestyle. More money does make a difference even if you're already rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Why would Slash and Duff leave Gn'R when they can do what they want creatively with their solo projects/their own bands and still be a part of Gn'R with all the advantages that come with it (bigger shows,more money, being a part of something people care about more deeply?)

and the money thing... there are people who might look at their financial success and go: "surely that's enough money" but that's just the way you look at it from your perspective. These are rich celebrity musicians that lead a very lavish lifestyle. More money does make a difference even if you're already rich.

So duff and slash are happy to do another 4 year tour without doing any gnr new material knowing they are creative and the amount of instrumentals etc axl is sitting on and would like to expand the gnr discography?. Im sure deep down duff and slash know what the gnr name means to fans, even if axl doesnt.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gold top 78 said:

I agree totally with you. I’ve always thought  that a new album talk back then was a distraction to take away the focus on a reunion now that Duff was kinda back in the lineup. There was rumour around then bumblefoot told a fan that Axl and Slash had already spoke by then and the then current line up was finished 

Yeah... 

The only thing everyone agreed upon in the interviews of that time is that there was a lot of material accumulated through the years (some of it dating from Slash's last sessions) that was worked, reworked and re-recorded, which I believe is true. So I don't think Richard and Dizzy were lying;  they just chose to show the "bright" side talking about what they knew about the material that existed and generating hope. But they really had no idea if or when any of it was going to be released and what Axl was thinking. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

So duff and slash are happy to do another 4 year tour without doing any gnr new material knowing they are creative and the amount of instrumentals etc axl is sitting on?.

no, Duff and Slash probably have no problem of banging out an album with Axl in 2 weeks and I'm guessing they will really love to do that and do a tour to support it with a new set list but it's not a deal breaker for them if it doesn't happen cause maybe they accept it's up to Axl to decide when/if this nostalgia machine turns to a real band. Slash still (for now) gets to play to huge crowds without Axl being late and he's getting paid. Duff too. They have their own projects for silly shit most people don't care about like creativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah... 

The only thing everyone agreed upon in the interviews of that time is that there was a lot of material accumulated through the years (some of it dating from Slash's last sessions) that was worked, reworked and re-recorded, which I believe is true. So I don't think Richard and Dizzy were lying;  they just chose to show the "bright" side talking about what they knew about the material that existed and generating hope. But they really had no idea if or when any of it was going to be released and what Axl was thinking. 

Yeah it was around 2014 when fortus spoke of playing “ an old Slash riff “ for the next album so I dare say there was truth in they’re comments ( pretty much what we’re seeing just now ) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

no, Duff and Slash probably have no problem of banging out an album with Axl in 2 weeks and I'm guessing they will really love to do that and do a tour to support it with a new set list but it's not a deal breaker for them if it doesn't happen cause maybe they accept it's up to Axl to decide when/if this nostalgia machine turns to a real band. Slash still (for now) gets to play to huge crowds without Axl being late and he's getting paid. Duff too. They have their own projects for silly shit most people don't care about like creativity.

This will be unpopular but SKMC i do like. But LTD was boring and slash needs to be pushed creatively now.

I like SMKC based on,

1. The band cameraderie. The way he is onstage with this guys, in terms of chemistry, is different to gnr. I personally think hes not satisfied with the gnr lineup. I think its frank or mel. Maybe both. During the illusion tours and VR they didnt need to "teach"sorum what tempo to play in. Unlike frank.

2. He has complete creative control and has no dependancy on anyone. Slash calls the shots.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×