Jump to content
jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread

Recommended Posts

If U.S. dates are announced before word of new music, then I'm pretty confident we can kiss a 2020 album goodbye. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If U.S. dates are announced before word of new music, then I'm pretty confident we can kiss a 2020 album goodbye. 

That is a good point.  If they were going to use a tour to promote their new album or I guess in modern times vice versa - one would think smart business would be hyping up a new album before any tour dates

 

If I was a betting man, I would put my chips "all-in" on no new album this year, just more same ol' touring and money making

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

If I was a betting man, I would put my chips "all-in" on no new album this year, just more same ol' touring and money making

I think that'd be a safe bet on pretty much any given year.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure a new album is happening unless it’s announced at this 1 off Miami show. Then there’d be plenty of time to use the album to plug the tour. But it wouldn’t make sense to release an album later this year during or after the shows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If that announcement is only a tour rollout "North America!!  Get...F'n...Ready!!!!" That will really "F'n" suck.

I would be stoked.  They haven't come my way since Oct 17... Bring it.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would be stoked.  They haven't come my way since Oct 17... Bring it.

If I had money to literally burn, I'd be excited on a base level just to see them.  But for those fans who've seen this already, many more than once, unless they shake this tour up with some setlist retooling, and namely, new music, then my 800 bucks is better spent on something else.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand... susan and this radio station deleting their spoilers are pointing the other way... maybe FIRST the announcement of a new album, before new NA dates... 

A man can dream... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

If I had money to literally burn, I'd be excited on a base level just to see them.  But for those fans who've seen this already, many more than once, unless they shake this tour up with some setlist retooling, and namely, new music, then my 800 bucks is better spent on something else.

at this point the only move to show this is still a forward looking band heh is to release a new album but Gn'R fans getting overexcited and threatening to not spend anymore money on the band or not follow it cause Axl still didn't release anything again is nothing new

Edited by Rovim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would be stoked.  They haven't come my way since Oct 17... Bring it.

I would definitely go if it's at MetLife Stadium.  Tickets would be cheaper than Pearl Jam. Starting ticket price for Pearl Jam at MSG in March is $400 per ticket in the upper level and that's not including fees on Stubhub. I paid $180 for the show at MetLife and $140 at MSG with fees  for the NITL shows. 

Edited by Draguns
added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

On the other hand... susan and this radio station deleting their spoilers are pointing the other way... maybe FIRST the announcement of a new album, before new NA dates... 

A man can dream... 

Let's hope something cool happens...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Draguns said:

I would definitely go if it's at MetLife Stadium.  Tickets would be cheaper than Pearl Jam. Starting ticket price for Pearl Jam at MSG in March is $400 per ticket in the upper level and that's not including fees on Stubhub. I paid $180 for the show at MetLife and $140 at MSG with fees  for the NITL shows. 

StubHub is a resale market bro, of course tickets are going to be way above face value lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One would think that if they're doing a US tour, a record is definitely getting released, or at least new songs are gonna be played. 

Then again, you could think the same about the European leg. 

Just dozens of hours to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jamillos said:

One would think that if they're doing a US tour, a record is definitely getting released, or at least new songs are gonna be played. 

Then again, you could think the same about the European leg. 

Just dozens of hours to go. 

One would think 3 - 4 years into a tour that the band would come together in the realisation that the same old, same old is not as exciting for fans as they think. 

I really, really don't think a new album is coming this year. They are either doing a complete swerve or I'm right, because it's basically February and there's no listing for a GNR album on the labels site, there's no hints from anyone in the band that there's any imminent plans, and there's absolutely no build up in the media... there are loads of ways for GNR to release a new album, but I think they need to go big. Huge roll out, hype it to the moon! tease it and build interest. Similar to the way Metallica released Death magnetic... which was 12yrs ago, but the tactic would still work today!

It's just so disappointing to know they have music ready that they won't release, Bumblefoot was the only sane person to ever be in GNR... release a song before each leg of a tour! duh!!! You can stay on an endless tour then! Eventually you have to release a whole package but it's a win, win for the band and fans! All these bands saying "records don't sell" it's BS. Release a great album and people will hear it. Aerosmith for example, they complain about the latest album not getting a reaction, but it had what 3 maybe 4 good tracks? Aerosmith are an album band, 3-4 good songs is fine for a teen idol artist, but bands need good to great albums from top to bottom! otherwise people aren't investing in it, especially not now! when you have every album/artist at your fingertips!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will not be a new album. The same problems that existed in 1991 prior to the release of the illusion albums are still prevalent today, only they are intensified because Axl has effective total control. Axl felt he was pressured to release the illusions and also felt similar feelings along with being fucked over by the label during the release of Chinese. All of this will have (rightly or wrongly) left a very bad taste in Axl’s mouth in respect of anything to do with new music. Hence why all we get now is $1000 trinket boxes, shitty trucks and laundry bags. No offence to anyone here who bought these, but whilst we keep buying this shit they’ll keep putting it out, most likely instead of new music.
 

it really is a shame and we’re the ones who suffer as a result. We aren’t ‘entitled’ fans as TB suggest. We just love the band and there is NOTHING wrong with wanting new music. 
 

I am SO fucking god we got the leaks last year. Finally so good to hear new music and many of the instrumentals show a FUCKING LOT of promise. Too bad we won’t hear them until we’re most likely too old to enjoy them. Still, I’ll be rocking to Soul Monster on my MP3000 player whilst I go collect my pension.

Edited by gavgnr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

One would think 3 - 4 years into a tour that the band would come together in the realisation that the same old, same old is not as exciting for fans as they think. 

I really, really don't think a new album is coming this year. They are either doing a complete swerve or I'm right, because it's basically February and there's no listing for a GNR album on the labels site, there's no hints from anyone in the band that there's any imminent plans, and there's absolutely no build up in the media... there are loads of ways for GNR to release a new album, but I think they need to go big. Huge roll out, hype it to the moon! tease it and build interest. Similar to the way Metallica released Death magnetic... which was 12yrs ago, but the tactic would still work today!

It's just so disappointing to know they have music ready that they won't release, Bumblefoot was the only sane person to ever be in GNR... release a song before each leg of a tour! duh!!! You can stay on an endless tour then! Eventually you have to release a whole package but it's a win, win for the band and fans! All these bands saying "records don't sell" it's BS. Release a great album and people will hear it. Aerosmith for example, they complain about the latest album not getting a reaction, but it had what 3 maybe 4 good tracks? Aerosmith are an album band, 3-4 good songs is fine for a teen idol artist, but bands need good to great albums from top to bottom! otherwise people aren't investing in it, especially not now! when you have every album/artist at your fingertips!

I absolutely agree. However, as weird as it may sound, I don’t think we need a new album right off. All they have to do this year is release a single and perform a couple of new tunes at the gigs. That’s how you start the hype. Then they can take any number of months to finish the record and begin some media promotion. And then just announce some release date/period at the end of 2020. That’s all it would take.

Basically, the same way they did it during UYI. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I want susan to keep leaking information. Who would have thought that the bands plans are coming from aband members wife. Seems the wives have no confidence in nando, they think they can do a better job og communicating band plans and maybe they are right!.

What exactly has she leaked? Been out of the loop for a while. EDIT: I mean, what was the content of her post?

Edited by jafeijo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

There will not be a new album. The same problems that existed in 1991 prior to the release of the illusion albums are still prevalent today, only they are intensified because Axl has effective total control. Axl felt he was pressured to release the illusions and also felt similar feelings along with being fucked over by the label during the release of Chinese. All of this will have (rightly or wrongly) left a very bad taste in Axl’s mouth in respect of anything to do with new music. Hence why all we get now is $1000 trinket boxes, shitty trucks and laundry bags. No offence to anyone here who bought these, but whilst we keep buying this shit they’ll keep putting it out, most likely instead of new music.
 

it really is a shame and we’re the ones who suffer as a result. We aren’t ‘entitled’ fans as TB suggest. We just love the band and there is NOTHING wrong with wanting new music. 
 

I am SO fucking god we got the leaks last year. Finally so good to hear new music and many of the instrumentals show a FUCKING LOT of promise. Too bad we won’t hear them until we’re most likely too old to enjoy them. Still, I’ll be rocking to Soul Monster on my MP3000 player whilst I go collect my pension.

This.

Axl was pushed to release UYI and CD. Without the pushing, those albums probably would have never gotten released. 
 

Now there are no more big experienced managers, just TB to say yes to whatever Axl wants. Slash/Duff have less say than they had before. Others are just hired hands. 

Its all on Axl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2021 there will be a new Slash and the Dad Rocks album and touring cycle and we will be on here posting how 2022 might be the year because we are all clowns.

  • GNFNR 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

2021 there will be a new Slash and the Dad Rocks album and touring cycle and we will be on here posting how 2022 might be the year because we are all clowns.

Think people are starting to cop on now. A new SMKC album would definitely mean no Guns album for years or probably ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

2021 there will be a new Slash and the Dad Rocks album and touring cycle and we will be on here posting how 2022 might be the year because we are all clowns.

But how?  Slash's own words "the music business has changed, we dont know how to release an album"  :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I absolutely agree. However, as weird as it may sound, I don’t think we need a new album right off. All they have to do this year is release a single and perform a couple of new tunes at the gigs. That’s how you start the hype. Then they can take any number of months to finish the record and begin some media promotion. And then just announce some release date/period at the end of 2020. That’s all it would take.

Basically, the same way they did it during UYI. 

The difference is, are they (Axl) good enough in a live situation these days to make a great first impression? Not sure about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×