The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

57 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Maybe the problem is Slash wants Axl to work on some of his songs, rather than just vice versa. Slash mentioned he's written new stuff for GNR. If the quality is the same as the songs on Living The Dream it's no surprise Axl is uninspired.

Although to be fair it isn't like Axl was releasing much back when he had full creative control over GNR anyways lol

If we entertain that hypothesis, if Axl can't take a Slash riff and turn it into something, all hope is lost :lol:

Edited by WhazUp

25 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Maybe the problem is Slash wants Axl to work on some of his songs, rather than just vice versa. Slash mentioned he's written new stuff for GNR. If the quality is the same as the songs on Living The Dream it's no surprise Axl is uninspired.

you really think the quality of Slash's riffs is the problem? every classic Gn'R album contains at least a few of Slash's riff based tunes, it's a part of the character of the music so when Axl said in 2016 he wants to first write lyrics and then do the music that doesn't mean the entire album maybe just a part of it. I think Axl, Slash, and Duff know a thing or two about putting together a song. I don't think there are music issues. Could be good for Slash to try a little harder but no issues in the riffs/solos department imo. He actually played less notes in LDT and used single coils a lot and for a better sound for specific riffs it just needs to be inspired. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Man, lack of material isn’t the issue. Slash himself said that they’ve done recording. Most likely Axl just doesn’t want to release it for some reasons. Stuff is done

Maybe they feel that anything they release as GNR will be disappointing.

Granted he released a lot more albums before he stopped but Billy Joel has been touring for 27 years since releasing his last album. He said something to the effect of that he couldn't write anything worth recording anymore and that the fans wanted to hear the old stuff.

I remember when Aerosmith released "Just Push Play" I tried to will myself to like it but it was immediately clear that it wasn't anywhere close to as good as their prior work (even the stuff done with outside writers).

44 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Maybe they feel that anything they release as GNR will be disappointing.

Granted he released a lot more albums before he stopped but Billy Joel has been touring for 27 years since releasing his last album. He said something to the effect of that he couldn't write anything worth recording anymore and that the fans wanted to hear the old stuff.

I remember when Aerosmith released "Just Push Play" I tried to will myself to like it but it was immediately clear that it wasn't anywhere close to as good as their prior work (even the stuff done with outside writers).

That’d be fine (of course still disappointing) if they just communicated that instead of being stupidly vague.

• Like 1

Fernando made another appearance on Reddit yesterday. A user on there really let him have it regarding all this album talk + more. And of course, his short, curt responses didn't address a single thing. 

Link if anyone wants to check it out: 

• GNFNR 1

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I believe that it takes some time to book a tour, so when Slash talked about only the few SA dates as what was ahead for 2020, he most likely knew about the Euro and US dates but they just weren't "announceable" yet.

I had noticed that in some of Slash's post-show tweets in October 2019, he said "See you sooner than later":

It could have been a typical "thank you" tweet phrasing, but in the light of what we know, he probably meant that there would be a new US tour coming soon.

So Slash must have already known the schedule for the rest of 2020. The question is if these new dates were planned to be in support of new music and if the plan still stands.

That's a good observation. I agree, I think he already knew about the U.S. dates. Just a matter of time until they're announced.

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Fernando made another appearance on Reddit yesterday. A user on there really let him have it regarding all this album talk + more. And of course, his short, curt responses didn't address a single thing. 

Being a manager of a band means that one of ur task is to fight with fans in a forum XD

Hoping that the press will start to bash GNR again like they deserve to be. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

😖 - terrible. What was the point in engaging if just to respond like that? Fair play to that person for venting pretty much what most folk on here think.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zinia_29 said:

The fan pretty much sums us all, I'm gonna copy it for future use.

It was 100% bang on the money. I wonder by Fernando saying 2020 was going to be a great year was a underhand way of alluding to new music? What’s so different in the plans to make it going to be a great 2020?

55 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

😖 - terrible. What was the point in engaging if just to respond like that? Fair play to that person for venting pretty much what most folk on here think.

only thing missing at the end of TessaJoy's post was:

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It was 100% bang on the money. I wonder by Fernando saying 2020 was going to be a great year was a underhand way of alluding to new music? What’s so different in the plans to make it going to be a great 2020?

New background videos and lights! Im wondering now how many times I want to see those this year!

Take my money!!!

4 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

That Tessajoy is a bit of a legend.

Up there with Ferdi (was that his name? - the guy who streamed the reunion).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Fernando's replies are what would be expected - just another instance of Fernando conducting himself as usual.

I don't understand, though, how people can think that new music is up to Fernando, that Fernando can make Axl release music or put him in "release mode" (I saw something like that being suggested somewhere). Much more experienced and professional managers, who Axl looked up to (until he fired them), didn't manage to do that. Do people seriously think that Axl would listen to Fernando? Fernando was a kid when he met Axl, he grew up with him and did little errands for him. Axl wouldn't take advice from Fernando regarding such matters, even if Fernando was capable of giving advice.

Fernando can be blamed for a lot of things, the horrible merch, the unprofessional communication with the fans and whatnot, but releasing music is not up to him.

Yeah,  you're right.  It's obviously not up to him, as he's not that kind of manager, a band, as big as Gnr, are supposed to have. But.... he shouldn't spread this "within the next six months" shit! If he's in that position, or not (in this lifetime)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Oh man, that "Super psyched for 2020" -line. :lol:

Basically he's saying: "I don't know what the fuck we're doing but I'm super excited!"

So basically: "Guys, I'm gonna make so much F'n money this year!!!!"

Watta doucher...

• Haha 2