jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread

26 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Those rants probably piss them off even more and make them dig their heels in. "Fuck these fans and their entitlement."

Wait.... If Fernando doesn't make good on something he told fans, that somehow makes us entitled? 

• Haha 1

Axl Rose has released one album and one original song, 15 in total, in 29 years

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

That is hilarious yet sad at the same time

24 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

That is hilarious yet sad at the same time

What's sadder is I've been on this forum as a lurker and registered user for longer than I can even remember, and I've spent the majority of it discussing the hopes for new songs/material. Only once did it actually materialize with Chinese Democracy. The most excitement I've had around here had to due with leaks leading up to CD and leaks last fall. And of course Slash and Duff returning to the group with everything surrounding that Troubadour show.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wait.... If Fernando doesn't make good on something he told fans, that somehow makes us entitled? 

If you ask the man himself - yes. Yes it does. 

8 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

If you ask the man himself - yes. Yes it does. 

Oh, I'm aware :/

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

fernando is an extension of axl's elbow nothing else

At least you says "extension Axl's elbow"......:D

19 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

That Tessajoy is a bit of a legend.

Up there with Ferdi (was that his name? - the guy who streamed the reunion).

Fede

8 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

but he tinkered like no one has ever tinkered

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

If March comes and goes without new music...yikes, the shitstorm Fernando will be in will be like nothing else (although it’d be his own fault for screwing with the fanbase). I obviously don’t wish that upon him, but posts like TessaJoy’s will be a plenty if nothing happens next month. 

I'm not so sure about that. There is zero accountability with this band, and this crap is what the fans have come to expect. It'll be just business as usual next month with no new music announcement. 

I feel bad for Slash for having to deal with these kinds of leechs, Duff grew a pussy and is probably fine with anything as long it doesnt hurt anyones feelings (but the fans of gnr) but Slash could be doing something interesting hadnt he returned to GNR.

I kind of understand why he seems so bored and uninterested live, how can anyone be genuinely interested in something like what Gnr become lol 

Never tought Id want to see Slash out of GNR lol

• Like 3

Yeah, no new music then Slash needs to leave. He has too much talent and creativity to waste in a dead band.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Yeah, no new music then Slash needs to leave. He has too much talent and creativity to waste in a dead band.

Slash has released a new album while back in GNR. He's been doing work with Ozzy too. Being in GNR doesn't stop him from churning out songs/albums.

Why would he stop doing GNR shows, even if there's no new music? I don't get that reasoning. As for people saying he looks bored in GNR, I've seen him with GNR 8 times, seen him with Myles 2 times, all of them at the rail, I don't see a different Slash up there :shrugs:I love seeing him in GNR. If people don't, they should stop going to GNR and just go to SMKC shows. Cheaper and smaller venues anyway, so that's always a plus.

• Like 4

I reckon the “new album” is not coming soon. The shows are starting very soon and surely the point of the album would have been to boost excitement/sales for those shows. 

The fact that it’s not out yet suggests to me that touring is on the menu until late this year at least. Remains to be seen what happens beyond that. 

Surely a lengthy enough break from the road will be due? Probably SMKC then.

There are two things that give me any small ounce of optimism about new music this year. The first being, I just don't see how they could possibly think another stadium tour would sell well in the US with how much they have toured the market since 2016 with no new incentive to go. An arena tour would be one thing, but stadiums? I think there has to be SOMETHING planned for it. If it's not new music, it would either need a major setlist revamp or Adler/Izzy.

The second is, I really don't fully believe everything Slash says in interviews. He was steadfastly denying the reunion happening, and that there had been any personal reconciliation with Axl until it finally happened. Obviously there were probably NDAs in place to prevent anyone from talking about it, but still, he's been just as cagey with the new music talk.

My belief right now is that they've been recording, and if the record isn't done, it's close to done. Axl's voice being not totally horrifying on the last two shows coming back from a layoff also makes me believe he's been singing off-tour.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It’s actually 17 in total if you count The Plague and New Work Tune.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that a new album is only gonna happen when we all give up and stop caring.

Edited by rocknroll41

Firstable I don't know Slash personnaly but I follow him since the begenning of GNR. Yes he like to create but don't tell me he his proud of what he did with Izzy for exemple. Slash is VERY ambitious. He know that there is only with GNR he can put on market a good song . And why not a.........pretty good song that people will love and will (and it's the most important) remember in 5/10 years. He is smart and clever and....AMBITIOUS. witch is a compliment for me.

(sorry for all the mystake.....I'm French. hope you undertand the meanning)

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

There are two things that give me any small ounce of optimism about new music this year. The first being, I just don't see how they could possibly think another stadium tour would sell well in the US with how much they have toured the market since 2016 with no new incentive to go. An arena tour would be one thing, but stadiums? I think there has to be SOMETHING planned for it. If it's not new music, it would either need a major setlist revamp or Adler/Izzy.

The second is, I really don't fully believe everything Slash says in interviews. He was steadfastly denying the reunion happening, and that there had been any personal reconciliation with Axl until it finally happened. Obviously there were probably NDAs in place to prevent anyone from talking about it, but still, he's been just as cagey with the new music talk.

My belief right now is that they've been recording, and if the record isn't done, it's close to done. Axl's voice being not totally horrifying on the last two shows coming back from a layoff also makes me believe he's been singing off-tour.

You obviously didn't hear much from the Miami show then!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I heard ISE and Brownstone and he was totally fine on those. I guess it depends on what tracks you got to hear.

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

I heard ISE and Brownstone and he was totally fine on those. I guess it depends on what tracks you got to hear.

He sings low on those, tho. It’s the higher-pitch songs (which is most of gnr’s catalogue, actually) that are more challenging.

33 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I heard 2/3 of it and I think he was fine. You're Crazy was great. Better than most of what I heard from 2019.

16 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Ritchie Kotzen just released 50 new tracks on his 50th birthday. He's a real musician and artist though.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Ritchie Kotzen just released 50 new tracks on his 50th birthday. He's a real musician and artist though.

Richie is great, saw him with the Dead Daisies a couple of years ago. The guy is in a different dimension from GNR.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1