The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

May aswell delete this whole section and "new album thread" cos i just seen the ad for the US tour "next chapter". Are you fucking joking me...fuckers labelled the european tour under an "all new show"  banner. 

We again are the mugs iv forked out nightrain tix and im just so defeated with this whole thing. 

Very very thankful Duff Slash Axl got back with Axl for a run but they need to leave guns again if they have any self worth. They are better than beating this dead horse...how fitting its added to the set. We are not getting a new album and meds up Axl  is gonna die with a vault of music untouched. Atleast i can I look fwd to the next SMKC album and Slash is better off keeping his own riffs for his music. Fuck Axl at this stage

Edited by Jaygnr
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

He sings low on those, tho. It’s the higher-pitch songs (which is most of gnr’s catalogue, actually) that are more challenging.

True - but it proves IF the setlist was amended to cater to his strengths it would improve his performance AND give variety to the show. There is more material across the albums which could be utilised. It’s just a pity the hits are mainly ‘high’!

Actually, I’m gonna start a thread on this -using the full catalogue, what could be a winning setlist with current vocals!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Me: Complains about no new record, no new music in the set list.

Also me: Spends $600 on tickets to see Guns N' Roses at Wrigley Field.

You're a better man than I. I'm finally drawing the line with this tour.  

9 hours ago, default_ said:

I feel bad for Slash for having to deal with these kinds of leechs, Duff grew a pussy and is probably fine with anything as long it doesnt hurt anyones feelings (but the fans of gnr) but Slash could be doing something interesting hadnt he returned to GNR.

I kind of understand why he seems so bored and uninterested live, how can anyone be genuinely interested in something like what Gnr become lol 

Never tought Id want to see Slash out of GNR lol

8 hours ago, Dangelus said:

Yeah, no new music then Slash needs to leave. He has too much talent and creativity to waste in a dead band.

He'll probably never leave but I prefer when he's being creative and releasing stuff.

3 hours ago, Millions said:

One thing that I wonder..... Slash is a creative, productive guy - and always has been. He writes all the time, including on the road. Axl is the opposite, as we all know.

So let's imagine Slash has been writing some stuff for the last year or two, and that some of it is decent. What happens to it? Does he give it to GNR, knowing it might never get out to the fans? And meaning his work with Myles Kennedy is just the left over crap that GNR doesn't want? 

Or does he give it to GNR knowing that if it ever gets made and released, Axl and Duff can probably take it to another level completely?

What would you do???

3 hours ago, default_ said:

I dont think Slash is in a similar contract as the Axl band, where everything produced automatically becames property of GNR. He probably presents ideas, bu I doubt he will just keep waiting for Axl, at some point it will probably be a Snakepit situation all over again. Slash will record his stuff and then Axl will call him asking about the songs and he’ll be like “Dude, I recorded those 15 years ago with Myles”

2 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

I imagine that if Slash realizes Axl will truly never release any more GNR music, those "GNR ideas" would go to SMKC. He no doubt wants to get them out somehow, and what else is he supposed to do when Axl refuses to put out new stuff. 

He writes separately for SMKC and GnR. Although I guess it's possible that if it takes long enough some GnR ideas could go to SMKC.

18 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

True - but it proves IF the setlist was amended to cater to his strengths it would improve his performance AND give variety to the show. There is more material across the albums which could be utilised. It’s just a pity the hits are mainly ‘high’!

Actually, I’m gonna start a thread on this -using the full catalogue, what could be a winning setlist with current vocals!

I like that idea!

4 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Dude, more than half of each of those songs are sung in basically his talking voice. Still really strained and cracky on the ends of both songs. 

Yeah - fair comment however we have to take what we can get these days!

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, no. 

A fan just got done handing him his ass on reddit yesterday actually and it was glorious. 

Someone else asked if we can expect a new album this year and he replied with a "fingers crossed" emojii. 

Jesus.... This band its employees... There's no need for crossed fingers, just release a goddamn album. It's really not that hard. 

I think the band are at a point where they have noone pushing them or telling them what to do.

They had clink, geffen tapping them on the shoulder and keeping the band to a " schedule" with recording of afd,lies and illusions.  I thought one of the teason they had to finish illusions is because geffen and niven/goldstein were talking with promoters and putting a tour schedule together.

Now with the amount of money they have noone to push them.

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, no. 

A fan just got done handing him his ass on reddit yesterday actually and it was glorious. 

Someone else asked if we can expect a new album this year and he replied with a "fingers crossed" emojii. 

Jesus.... This band its employees... There's no need for crossed fingers, just release a goddamn album. It's really not that hard. 

Yeah was me who asked about an album. Deliberately secretive response from Fernando. Kudos for putting something, but it looks like we’ll be in the dark right until the last minute, assuming a release is happening.

still got a mild hope for a surprise album drop

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think the band are at a point where they have noone pushing them or telling them what to do.

They had clink, geffen tapping them on the shoulder and keeping the band to a " schedule" with recording of afd,lies and illusions.  I thought one of the teason they had to finish illusions is because geffen and niven/goldstein were talking with promoters and putting a tour schedule together.

Now with the amount of money they have noone to push them.

maybe they'll do kinda what Metallica did with Hardwired To Self Destruct and take a few years with recording sometimes but also sometimes doing nothing or touring but they'll record when they can and maybe complete and release a double album like that. I wish they had dedicated 2020 for just writing and recording the next album. No doubt in my mind that Slash will release another Conspirators album with Myles before Axl even talks about doing something serious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

maybe they'll do kinda what Metallica did with Hardwired To Self Destruct and take a few years with recording sometimes but also sometimes doing nothing or touring but they'll record when they can and maybe complete and release a double album like that. I wish they had dedicated 2020 for just writing and recording the next album. No doubt in my mind that Slash will release another Conspirators album with Myles before Axl even talks about doing something serious.

Hopefully that'll be the case. Anyway my good will and expectations regarding a new album expires in March. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

I'm actually doing a what will happen first myself. GN'R record or CM Punk officially returning to WWE. 😂 Though I think the ship on the latter has sailed already. 😂 

Oh, the latter will happen first! 

A more fun one I think is "new GNR record or Oasis reunion"? 

Oasis say a reunion will never happen, GNR says the album definitely IS happening......who do we believe most?! haha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, no. 

Really?! THAT was his response?  Man, am I glad I didn't buy tickets yesterday. Fuuuck this.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Yep. Someone sent me a screen shot and I couldn't believe it either. 

I'm legitimately stunned.  With that response, he might as well have said "LOL no fucking way."  

It's just amazing, every time I think there's no way this regime can fuck things up any further, they set a whole new standard of fuckery. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, no. 

Don’t forget, industry veteran Slash defined why it’s so difficult to release music. Just impossible to do in today’s day and age, no real way to do it anymore, barring SMKC, VR, and Snakepit which were all just miracles of modern technology. It’s a shame but it’s just physically impossible to release new music in 2020. 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2