The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

In my case, if a new album is released before the european leg, or at least announced to be released for the summer, then i'll get tickets to see them live. If not.... well, i'll pass on this.

But something tells me no album and no show for me this year.... 12 and counting

Axl should have the NITL lineup re-record literally every single note of the cd2 stuff, and re-record all of the vocals himself too, so that absolutely nothing from the original recordings remain. That way, they can call the new album The Ship Of Theseus.

For those who don’t know: The Ship Of Theseus is an Ancient Greek legend about a ship that had literally every single part of itself replaced slowly over time, to the point where absolutely nothing from the original ship remained.

The Ship Of Theseus Starts Now! Conquer the world!... literally!! :lol:

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1

This why you need a real management team ( see Azoff, Irving) They get bands the right kind of deals that make sense for all parties involved so shit can be released. It’s not a coincidence that he was able to structure a deal to get CD out where everyone got paid. And he wanted Slash and Duff back in 2009 so everyone could get paid crazy money for a reunion tour. This is what big time management is for. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl should have the NITL lineup re-record literally every single note of the cd2 stuff, and re-record all of the vocals himself too, so that absolutely nothing from the original recordings remain. That way, they can call the new album The Ship Of Theseus.

For those who don’t know: The Ship Of Theseus is an Ancient Greek legend about a ship that had literally every single part of itself replaced slowly over time, to the point where absolutely nothing from the original ship remained.

The Ship Of Theseus Starts Now! Conquer the world!... literally!! :lol:

That's a cool idea for a title.

4 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

This why you need a real management team ( see Azoff, Irving) They get bands the right kind of deals that make sense for all parties involved so shit can be released. It’s not a coincidence that he was able to structure a deal to get CD out where everyone got paid. And he wanted Slash and Duff back in 2009 so everyone could get paid crazy money for a reunion tour. This is what big time management is for. 

I agree. If they had proper management there's a better chance that things would move along more quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't be surprised to hear a single come out for the tour.  Whether it is for an album, EP or just a single, who knows?  Maybe a single and then more when NA rolls around. I could be totally off base and am not to pushed about it either way. I just wouldn't be surprised. 

Like I said earlier in this thread, as far as I’m concerned, the leaks are the new album. At least we have the legendary “2000 Intentions” album with a healthy dose of outtakes to make our own personal box set out of all of the instrumentals.

Why does this band make it so difficult to take out money when it comes to new music? I’ll never understand this band.

Edited by The Real McCoy
  • Like 1

I keep reading posts (on a few forums) that new music wouldn't be an incentive for casual fans to attend more shows, and I really don't get it.

New music would be hyped up like nothing else. The first album from a reunited Axl and Slash is gonna be pretty big news in the music world, just like the April 2016 shows were. It's not unlikely that a new GNR album would debut at #1 in the charts and would generally do well sales-wise, and 'popularity' is probably a bigger draw for casual fans than 'nostalgia' is.

GNR's demographic will still buy music, as well as stream it. Whatever that quote from Slash was about the music industry having changed too much for them to release material, is ridiculous. If they release an album, it will be popular, and that's how you fill seats in a stadium tour and keep raking in the cash.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I keep reading posts (on a few forums) that new music wouldn't be an incentive for casual fans to attend more shows, and I really don't get it.

New music would be hyped up like nothing else. The first album from a reunited Axl and Slash is gonna be pretty big news in the music world, just like the April 2016 shows were. It's not unlikely that a new GNR album would debut at #1 in the charts and would generally do well sales-wise, and 'popularity' is probably a bigger draw for casual fans than 'nostalgia' is.

GNR's demographic will still buy music, as well as stream it. Whatever that quote from Slash was about the music industry having changed too much for them to release material, is ridiculous. If they release an album, it will be popular, and that's how you fill seats in a stadium tour and keep raking in the cash.

It would undoubtedly go to #1, just like Tool's album did.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Like I said earlier in this thread, as far as I’m concerned, the leaks are the new album. At least we have the legendary “2000 Intentions” album with a healthy dose of outtakes to make our own personal box set out of all of the instrumentals.

Why does this band make it so difficult to take out money when it comes to new music? I’ll never understand this band.

Yeah this is how I see it too. I’ve pretty much made it my headcanon that the leaks are the new album.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I wouldn't be surprised to hear a single come out for the tour.  Whether it is for an album, EP or just a single, who knows?  Maybe a single and then more when NA rolls around. I could be totally off base and am not to pushed about it either way. I just wouldn't be surprised. 

If just ok if with just one new song at this point, honestly. Just SOMETHING to firmly distinguish this tour from the NITL tour.

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's a cool idea for a title.

I agree. If they had proper management there's a better chance that things would move along more quickly.

From that interview Merck did last year where he mentioned that axl was always ok with a reunion, if thats the case why wasnt there a proposed reunion in o9 if azoff broached this with axl?.

24 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I personally dont understand how casual fans are still seeing NITL. Usually a casual fan will go once usually as a bucket list type thing. I would think all casual fans would have seen the band by now. ...so im perplexed how casual fans are still driving demand for tickets?.

10 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

From that interview Merck did last year where he mentioned that axl was always ok with a reunion, if thats the case why wasnt there a proposed reunion in o9 if azoff broached this with axl?.

Axl was still trying to push his nugnr thing at the time.

I know that Niven makes shit up and pretends to be an insider, but this quote from late 2018 is interesting, that's an awfully specific conversation to make up having:

“Well, it isn’t so much ‘my take’, it’s what Curly [Slash] said to me the last time that I saw him which was when he came through Phoenix here just a few months ago. He told me that basically Axl [Rose] was in isolation, going through stuff that was recorded, but not used, on Chinese Democracy. 

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-allegedly-reveals-axl-rose-isolation-bizarre-reason/

Slash would have been in Phoenix in September 2018 when he said Axl was going through CD 2 tracks, and was recording at Axl's house in April 2019, so being as optimistic as humanly possible I suppose there's a small chance something is completed and is in negotiations.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Cause Axl had just released Sorry, about Slash, and he'd feel like a nitwit had he done that. :D

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I know that Niven makes shit up and pretends to be an insider, but this quote from late 2018 is interesting, that's an awfully specific conversation to make up having:

“Well, it isn’t so much ‘my take’, it’s what Curly [Slash] said to me the last time that I saw him which was when he came through Phoenix here just a few months ago. He told me that basically Axl [Rose] was in isolation, going through stuff that was recorded, but not used, on Chinese Democracy. 

http://www.alternativenation.net/slash-allegedly-reveals-axl-rose-isolation-bizarre-reason/

Slash would have been in Phoenix in September 2018 when he said Axl was going through CD 2 tracks, and was recording at Axl's house in April 2019, so being as optimistic as humanly possible I suppose there's a small chance something is completed and is in negotiations.

Plus add in Slash’s recent comments about material being done and other comments from someone who appears to have a ‘ITK’ status that the record is done. I know, I know.....who really is ITK? Who really knows but I’m thinking positive.

Also - didn’t Fortus a while back put posts on his Instagram that he was in a recording studio (looked like an old church) but he hasn’t been on any other artists recordings I can think of.........

Edited by DTJ80

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

it would have been hyped up if it was like the late 90s or early 2000s, GNR fans are in their like 40s and 50s, they are not going to go ga-ga over a new Axl and Slash album, all of the buzz over Axl and Slash was the first leg of NITL, now it is like who cares, die hard fans on here want to hear it but the casual fan is like whatever, if anything it could be a deterrence as fans like to hear the songs they like in concert, and a new album will mean those new songs are going to be played, so it will be a put off, go to any "nostalgia" act concert and when they play their new songs the crowd is just dead, they want to hear the stuff they know and grew up with

Edited by k12

2 hours ago, k12 said:

it would have been hyped up if it was like the late 90s or early 2000s, GNR fans are in their like 40s and 50s, they are not going to go ga-ga over a new Axl and Slash album, all of the buzz over Axl and Slash was the first leg of NITL, now it is like who cares, die hard fans on here want to hear it but the casual fan is like whatever, if anything it could be a deterrence as fans like to hear the songs they like in concert, and a new album will mean those new songs are going to be played, so it will be a put off, go to any "nostalgia" act concert and when they play their new songs the crowd is just dead, they want to hear the stuff they know and grew up with

GNR isn’t a nostalgia act yet however they are dangerously close to it if they tour again with no new material.

I was revisiting the village leaks again and determined what I feel would make a decent album out of them:

1.Hard School (with all-new lyrics that aren’t as obvious of a Slash diss)

2.Atlas Shrugged (with the “ohhh” vocals replaced with guitar bends)

3.Perhaps (with the “hey heyyy” vocals replaced with guitar bends)

4.Quick Song (with legit lyrics, obviously)

5.Berlin (with vocals, obviously)

6.Curly Shuffle (with vocals, obviously)

7.Soul Monster (with vocals, obviously)

8.Zodiac (with vocals, obviously)

9.Mustache (with vocals, obviously)

and then a bunch of new songs written by the NITL line-up.

Give Dub-Suplex and Prom Violence back to Bucket! Give Going Down and Save Me back to Tommy!

I almost included The General, but we haven’t heard enough of it yet to be sure if it really is good or not. I also left out Seven and Down By The Ocean for the same reason. We haven’t heard a note from either of those yet, so for all we know, they’re shit. The rest of the village songs are shit too (tho State of Grace had potential).

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1