The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Could we see Guns N' Roses take a page from Prince?

If you saw Prince live in 2004, you received a copy of his "Musicology" CD at the show. It was included in the ticket price. 1.47 million discs were handed out to concertgoers; two million copies were moved overall.

Given the cost of tickets for the forthcoming tour, I think if the band does have an album's worth of material done, why not try doing it this way? It counts as a sale, and would be reflected on the Billboard charts as such. You could see a Guns N' Roses album in the top ten, or even top five, for many months.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SAU3R said:

But still, A Different Kind of Truth was a really good album, especially in comparison with newer releases from other older acts 

That's true. It was a good album. I'd take a new album and cancelled tour all day long over no new music 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Even Team Brazil couldn't screw up having an album announced by the time the tour literally began. So for me, it's May 20 or bust. This is as optimistic as you can humanly be in this situation.

May 20th of what year? Lol

And as always, smart money is on BUST. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Even though Izzy hasn't been involved with the semi-reunion tour, do ya'll think if GN'R were serious about releasing another album that Izzy would be wanted by Axl, Slash and Duff and do you think Izzy would join in on the song writing if he were wanted?

If the money was right then I don’t see why not. I’m probably just thinking too optimistically, tho.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Even though Izzy hasn't been involved with the semi-reunion tour, do ya'll think if GN'R were serious about releasing another album that Izzy would be wanted by Axl, Slash and Duff and do you think Izzy would join in on the song writing if he were wanted?

if dreams came true

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I was just having a conversation with my friend who was asking me why I gave up on music as a career, and I told him it was cause all of the criticism my albums got for being “too lo-fi” really took the wind out of my sails.

And the moment I said that to him, I immediately thought to myself “ah shit, no wonder Axl gave up. All of the criticism ChiDem got must’ve broken him.”

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

And the moment I said that to him, I immediately thought to myself “ah shit, no wonder Axl gave up. All of the criticism ChiDem got must’ve broken him.”

Tommy said he wished Axl didn't care so much. Personally I think Axl didn't change much as a musician. He's still doing what he wants. If we don't look at it from a fan's perspective it's still possible this tour is a priority right now and when it's really over maybe it will be easier to see what's coming next

Edited by Rovim

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I was just having a conversation with my friend who was asking me why I gave up on music as a career, and I told him it was cause all of the criticism my albums got for being “too lo-fi” really took the wind out of my sails.

yea, 70% of this forum are not musicians... no wonder why they are surprised there is no new album 

9 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

absolutely. I said that few times before here :(

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

Tommy said he wished Axl didn't care so much. Personally I think Axl didn't change much as a musician. He's still doing what he wants. If we don't look at it from a fan's perspective it's still possible this tour is a priority right now and when it's really over maybe it will be easier to see what's coming next

But then he seemed so rational and chilled when talking about the CD reception in the chats ('some was a bloodbath some was ok'). And apart from the couple rants at members he was totally chilled throughout the chats despite reading a huge amount of personal abuse inbetween the Q's he answered. He even finished by saying he'd be up for doing it again as long as people didn't get too personal. 

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

But then he seemed so rational and chilled when talking about the CD reception in the chats ('some was a bloodbath some was ok'). And apart from the couple rants at members he was totally chilled throughout the chats despite reading a huge amount of personal abuse inbetween the Q's he answered. He even finished by saying he'd be up for doing it again as long as people didn't get too personal. 

I think Axl is more rational. Slash and Duff are back in Gn'R, why not take advantage of that, make as much money as possible and have fun and go play with Angus and only then put together an album?

another victory lap before dealing with something that could be too significant to not see it as difficult so maybe Axl prefers to focus on just one thing at a time and hasn't lost his fire completely.

11 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

personally i find the Tokyo 1992 dvd to be amazing. It made a hardcore fan.

Now knowing the tour better, i still think its one of the greatest shows of the whole tour. Setlist and performance wise 5/5

I always really liked them.  I prefer listening to the audio as I had bootlegs of it though.  Even back then I thought Axl looked very cheesy with his biker shorts combinations with blazers, the leather coats, cowboy hats and belly shirts and made it tough to take serious at times.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I always really liked them.  I prefer listening to the audio as I had bootlegs of it though.  Even back then I thought Axl looked very cheesy with his biker shorts combinations with blazers, the leather coats, cowboy hats and belly shirts and made it tough to take serious at times.

I think he was channeling his inner freddie mercury 

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think Axl is more rational. Slash and Duff are back in Gn'R, why not take advantage of that, make as much money as possible and have fun and go play with Angus and only then put together an album?

another victory lap before dealing with something that could be too significant to not see it as difficult so maybe Axl prefers to focus on just one thing at a time and hasn't lost his fire completely.

I wish he would focus on his vocals. The "better" performance at miami was atrocious.

7 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think he was channeling his inner freddie mercury 

I wish he would focus on his vocals. The "better" performance at miami was atrocious.

Better really was horrific. Either change the song (tuning/different register) or drop it. Your Crazy was great tho.

• Like 1