The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

37 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Where are those 'insiders' claiming there was an EP and a live album by Christmas? About time they popped back and told us 'plans changed' then get angry and annoyed and say they won't share stuff again in future if we're all going to mock them! 

There are still two fridays left! 😂

Edited by ZODIAC
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Dean said:

Who said the 2010 album was the remixes? I was lead to believe it was the follow up to Chinese, consisting of all new material.

The rumor was that there was an entirely new album with a bonus disc that had CD remixes. 

• Like 1

Anyone else get the feeling that the picture of Slash today captioned “triple vision” might just be a hint of something to come?

Obviously  I’m being very hopeful and clutching at straws but with all the marketing around “the next chapter” for this new tour, surely they can’t not drop some sort of record? 

I realise this is GNR though lol

12 minutes ago, UseYourDelusion said:

Anyone else get the feeling that the picture of Slash today captioned “triple vision” might just be a hint of something to come?

Obviously  I’m being very hopeful and clutching at straws but with all the marketing around “the next chapter” for this new tour, surely they can’t not drop some sort of record? 

I realise this is GNR though lol

Wheres this from?.

39 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

CD Remix album was for the most part dreadful. They should’ve scraped the whole thing barring the This I Love remix which would’ve been a nice bonus track on the next album of original material.

Why oh why did they not use the remix vocals on the original This I Love track.....🙄

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Do they even have an active deal with a label? I don't think they'd go for a 360 deal, that seems like something more suitable to lesser known artist. GnR didnt need the extra publicity to sell the reunion tickets and generate attention, so why would they give up a chunk of the proceeds to pay a label to do something that's not necessary. Same goes for the album, if something is released it will get plenty of attention, and I'm sure Beta and Fernando are able to secure them some spots on late night talkshows if they figure they need more attention. At this point I'd assume they are not looking at an album as something that would bring in serious dough, it would be a vessel to warrant more touring for the next few years.

Exactly my thoughts. They just need to let the music speak for itself.  Provided it’s good.

I dont know the record labels enough, but what I think,  the label gets a portion of tour $. Axl has talked about he should've started his own with GNR, but didn't know how at the time. Maybe Axl signed a deal with UMG, that they would do one more release (AFD Boxset), and make this certain amount of $ to cover Axl and CD, and he would own the rights to the masters to previous albums & have GNR as a label itself. Who knows maybe that's why the NITL tour is never ending (highly doubt it), to cover the deal. 

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

"that's just what I was told" 

"plans changed" 

"my source says that was the plan at the time" 

"someone close to the band told me they have a much bigger plan now" 

"next year is going to be a big year" 

Take your pick! GNR Insiders go back almost 20 years now and it always ends exactly the same way. 

Some of them were saying plans changed to a 2020 release because of the leaks this year, lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Some of them were saying plans changed to a 2020 release because of the leaks this year, lol.

Well that's ALWAYS the excuse for GNR in general:

When our fans actually got something to enjoy, that was certainly a mistake! :lol:

• Haha 1

the album will be a convoluted mess when it releases anyway.

the UYI's were bloated already, and that was with Izzy still in the band. CD didn't have slash, izzy and duff and does nothing to me as a rock n roll album. So now that slash and duff are back, I expect something between UYI and CD. In other words, a turd that smells half as bad as CD, but still a turd.

GNR have become a truly cringeworthy band to me, by this point. Yes, I get it, appetite is a great brilliant rock n roll album. One fucking album though.

The stones apparently are readying their next proper album for a 2020 release, and that is with 4 or 5 (lost the count) live albums from the vault that they just released. And you can call the stones dinosaurs all you want, even today they look leagues more energetic, wild and authentic than guns n roses. Guns n roses are like a 500 year old master work painting by da vinci: mysterious, fascinating, from another era, but the paint is showing cracks and the colors are starting to fade a bit. Still, people pay good money to watch it in a museum

Edited by action
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, action said:

the album will be a convoluted mess when it releases anyway.

the UYI's were bloated already, and that was with Izzy still in the band. CD didn't have slash, izzy and duff and does nothing to me as a rock n roll album. So now that slash and duff are back, I expect something between UYI and CD. In other words, a turd that smells half as bad as CD, but still a turd.

GNR have become a truly cringeworthy band to me, by this point. Yes, I get it, appetite is a great brilliant rock n roll album. One fucking album though.

The stones apparently are readying their next proper album for a 2020 release, and that is with 4 or 5 (lost the count) live albums from the vault that they just released. And you can call the stones dinosaurs all you want, even today they look leagues more energetic, wild and authentic than guns n roses. Guns n roses are like a 500 year old master work painting by da vinci: mysterious, fascinating, from another era, but the paint is showing cracks and the colors are starting to fade a bit. Still, people pay good money to watch it in a museum

GNR is way overrated and you shouldn't compare them to The Rolling Stones.

In GNR's defense though, The Rolling Stones have a different target audience and a different music style. Basically what you are saying is "I like bluesy rock and roll". There is nothing wrong with that, but GNR just went in a different direction with UYI and after that. It doesn't mean their newer stuff is shit, it's just not your thing.

And that's fine. Go listen to The Rolling Stones :) I like them too, love Izzy, etc. I also can't wait for a new Black Crowes album now they're together.

So yeah... my expectations of a new GNR album are also very low. First, I don't believe it will ever see the light of day... but even if it does, there is a chance I won't like it as much as I want to.

We are just being delusional, thinking GNR might somehow surprise us with a great album... we're basically just wasting time here.

PS
Even listening to the The Black Keys - El Camino album makes me think they are more creative and better nowadays than GNR. The album rocks / swings, has bluesy bits, is authentic... it's everything Chinese Democracy wasn't. Chinese is a way over the top, pretentious, mess. I have nothing against UYI 1 and 2 though.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Thanks 1